Dynadot

GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Review

I always use godaddy.com, I've never had a bad experence and the prices are usually good. I give them an A+

•••
Overall pretty good value

Order process is very cluttered. Phone support is very good and they are well trained

•••
Greate Value with great Support, but too much ads

Very Cheap Domains, With great Support!

•••
domains are good

For domain names they are fine, I ordered hosting and was pretty upset with downtime/support. For domains they good

•••
Very cheap but still trustworthy

I like them; with discounts and "loopholes" they always offer great pricings.

Even if the procedure could be a little boring.. now i'm very quick in filling all forms and clicking on the right places.

Fast pushes, decent customer support.

Interface isn't great; not because the "spammesque" effect, but just because it isn't user friendly and some things are a little boring to do.
BTW, still ok.

Their strongest point, IMHO, is: Reliability + Affordability

Last edited:
•••
Review

I like GoDaddy, although most times they are very slow for me, and the ads kill me. Otherwise, a decent registrar.

•••
Review

I use go daddy and they seem very good. Friend of mine was having problems, and their phone # customer service was very helpful to him. They are a little high on some of their prices, but overall excellent!

•••
Review

List of features is fairly good but the user interface and design is a pain in the ass! Struggle several times to register a domain kept coming up with the same stupid error message "could not process". After a while i gave up and regged elsewhere which turned out to be cheaper anyway. :td:

•••
Excellent. 100% Recommended

Okay, yeah, they've got some minor interface/ease-of-use problems, but compared to domainsite.com and some OTHER alleyways online (so to speak), GoDaddy is the ritziest place to get domains...

•••
Bad

Bloated with ads, crap support

•••
Excellent!

I love GoDaddy!

•••
Review

Transferring domains sucks. Overall good service at good prices

•••
Awesome host, awesome support.

Awesome site, had to call CS a few times and each time they helped me and answered all my questions. Layout is a bit cramped and hard to use, easy to get lost.

•••
GoDaddy 3 Year Review

Been using godaddy since 2003 with no problems, hundreds of domains in and out. Customer service is good on the phone and handles any issues quickly. Yes there may be a few too many ads or trying to get you to buy more stuff, but obviously it works as they are #1. Hear complaints from people that pushes arent as easy as other registrars, true but I prefer it this way. If you have decent names who want's an account that someone can hack into and just enter their username and the domain is instantly pushed? not me, I'll take the extra minute at godaddy for the improved security over other registrars.

•••
Review

I hate GoDaddy Features :P

•••
Great!

I have used Godaddy for several years, and I am very happy with their service!!

•••
Review

I have only really used godaddy, I dont really like the way they try and sell you all the other products, I think the prices are very reasonable though.

•••
Very poor support, but low prices

The support really sucks at GoDaddy: The answer to a support request reporting a problem is: "there shouldn't be no problem". And so it continues, when you write back that there actually IS a problem... a second support agent will send a new answer, which is no more helpful than the first. Then there'll be a third and a fourth and a fifth support agent, Jim and Joe and whatever their names are, and it becomes more and more obvious that they don't even look into your issue and they simply keep writing silly messages, based on the general assumption that all users are idiots and that their system is infailable. During the whole process GoDaddy keeps pushing lots and lots of annoying advertisings even through the support emails, cluttering the entire thread with complete nonsense. The support system itself is quite poor aswell, being a mere email system, not web based.

The bottom line is, GoDaddy is lots of glitter and low prices, and it's quite nice as long as it works and you don't need any support. But if ever you should happen to have an issue and request support, you'll notice that they don't give a shit about your problem.

Therefore: I am going to move away, find myself another registrar, because I simply don't like the GoDaddy way of doing business anymore.

•••
Review

Not bad. Prices are alright, but their site is confusing. Customer support via email is kinda slow but acceptable.

Spy

•••
Review

I've been using Go Daddy for a couple of years now. I have been very satisfied with their service.

•••
Nothing but problems

I purchased two domains from GoDaddy a little over a month ago. To date I have never been able to access my accounts. My domains are sitting useless and their "support" has been absolutley no help. I have contacted them over a dozen times regarding this issue and they keep telling me that my account has errors and needs to be fixed by someone else. Now they will set me up a new account if I fax them a raft of documents and photo IDs. They say that this is to protect me from having my domain information changed with out my authorization. But my domain information was changed with out my authorization. That's the problem. That's why I can't access my accounts. Thankfully I only purchased a year on the name and had not signed up with them for hosting. I'll just lose the $13 and chalk that up to experience. GoDaddy is the worst. Worst customer support. Worst to do business with. Just in general the worst company I have ever delt with. For all those who say they have never had problems with GoDaddy, be patient, your time will come.

I feel that GoDaddy is one of the worst companys to do business with. I have had problems with them from day one, and have never been able to access my accounts. Not even to transfer them to some other company. Thier "support" seems not to worry or care about me or my business. Now that they have my money, that was all that mattered to them.

•••
Currently THE Best Domain Registrar

I have been dealt with almost every big player-registrar out there... Only GoDaddy seems to be the most professional company and here's why:

1. First of all it is a RELIABLE company-the most important factor for me. You have your domains there and you feel safe. You know that whatever happens you can negotiate with real and responsible people.

2. Prices. From a first point of view, their prices seem average. But if you visit a place like Namepros... people post their "findings" all the time so you can get a domain very cheap! (Thanks guys and thanks Namepros for that)

3. Good customer service. Whenever I had a problem I got responses in less than 12 hours (last time I had a problem someone replied after 10 minutes! Really!). There's no need to speak for other registrars (or should I say ex-resellers...) who reply to you AFTER A WHOLE WEEK (OR EVEN A MONTH!) and then again your problem isn't resolved... scary but true! And for those who live in the States a phone call seems to be the best solution since the average waiting time is only 4 to 5 minutes.

4. Their control panel is not the best in the industry :imho:. Seems too plain and you have to give it some time first in order to familiarize with it and discover more advanced features. Also, they always advertise their products and services, thus when you only want to register a domain you have to see many pages of advertisements before proceeding to checkout. Sometimes the whole registration process (and the site loading) is so slow that you fear your domain will have already been registered by someone else! :lol:

That's why I have rate it 6 for its Interface / Ease-of-Use but everything else gets a 10. My overall experience with GoDaddy is positive (if not perfect!) and I highly reccomend GoDaddy to my fellow NPers!

•••
Clean service

My only fault with GoDaddy is they try to throw all these different package deals on you and stuff, and you have to go through about 5 pages of useless offers till you can actually register. Other than that, they're fantastic in all aspects...

•••
Nice Price, Nice Service

This site has a lot of ads but is a affordable site with great support.

•••
The Best!

Used godaddy quite a lot, offers the best amount of features i think, and will use again, cant fault them really.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back