NameSilo

GoDaddy inbound offer

Labeled as analysis in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by Want2learn, Jun 15, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Want2learn

Want2learn Top Member VIP

I was offered $500 for a name on GD. I countered at $2500. He, presumably, countered back at $750. I was considering the send it to auction option. I considered the counter back option. I did have it listed on my @toughdomains account for $1975 BIN, which I did edit prior to my counter. I decided that although I like the name a lot, I could use the money more today than waiting it out. It was a name I liked enough for the longhaul to keep for years to come. However, I decided to accept the offer and move on to another name. I did think their initial offer of $500 suggested they were interested a bit more than kicking tires. However, I think it could have been another domain investor that may have it ready to go for an end user.
    One bird in hand is better than two in the bush! I can use the money for other projects. And ultimately in life I could use the money today. I do think left money on the table, but I thought the risk of no deal was far scarier than leaving money on the table. I accepted the $750, and the extra $250 covered my GD fees and a little something extra:) Once the deal is final and I have the money Ill share the domain name!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. goffee

goffee Established Member

Congrats..👍

3. Windoms

Windoms Established Member

Congrats on the sale.
    Was it through Godaddy domain buy service?

4. Tunababa8v

Tunababa8v Established Member

5. ak4586

ak4586 Established Member

Congrats!

6. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician Gold Account VIP

hey congrats

don't argue..
    once a deal is done
    move on

it's no good idea
    to justify it to yourself

7. FPForum

FPForum Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Congrats on the sale! Sometimes it's best to move it while you're making a profit on it. Now you can take some of that money and re-invest into a couple new ones!

8. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

I’ve gotten a lot of offers via godaddy / partner network brokers on domains where the offer was less than my floor / BIN.

By the time the offer is presented to me it’s not too far from my floor. An offer like you’re describing 500 against a 1975 BIN I wouldn’t even want to hear about from the broker. I’d expect the broker to do more work and bring it closer to 1000 before asking me if I’d accept.

In your case however you mention the possibility of sending it to auction so maybe the 1975 wasn’t so very firm? in which case your accepting 750 makes more sense.

As far as the offers that are presented to me by brokers, meaning the ones that aren’t too far from my floor, Sometimes I accept other times I push for more. Results are mixed, meaning that sometimes pushing for more results in a closed sale at a higher price and sometimes results in potential buyer’s moving on.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  9. AGAME

AGAME Get That Perfect Name Gold Account VIP

I had a recent inbound where my name was listed with a BIN much higher than the initial offer from the buyer (via the broker). Second one in 4 years actually... I thought that was a bit odd since the name was at GoDaddy with a BIN so I am sure the broker (and the buyer) saw it. I haggled and eventually accepted an offer more than 50% less than my BIN (for similar reasons that you did).

But I will say this (for me), the next inbound GoDaddy broker offer I am going to stand firm on my price. In both instances the buyer ended up having massively deep pockets, so my BIN (which I price to be the value that domain would offer any buyer interested in it) would have been easily affordable by those buyers. IMO.

Congrats on the sale!

10. KhaledA

KhaledA Established Member

11. Windoms

Windoms Established Member

Be careful when the offers comes through GoDaddy Domain Buy Service.
    Domain buy service is the buyer telling the broker his budget to get the domain name.
    The broker has 30 days to negotiate the best price. He will let his initial offer expire (8 days) without saying a word whether you counter low/high. Sooner or later broker will present the full offer, its his duty to do everything he can to get the domain within buyer's budget.
    The right strategy is to simply refuse all offers (as long as 30 days aren't over), or counter at BIN and stay there until you see the full number.

12. AGAME

AGAME Get That Perfect Name Gold Account VIP

Hmmm, this fits the pattern of negotiating that I twice encountered already.

Thats why its important to make sure the domain contact information is available in this post-WHOIS time... This way if we either strike out with the broker or for whatever reason negotiations break down AND that buyer really wants the domain, the buyer can find another way to contact us.

13. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP

Congrats @Want2learn and thank you for sharing your process and thinking so that we can all learn from it. I think the question of whether to accept firm price today vs the future probability estimates for future higher sale depends on whether we view the term as increasing, stable or possibly weakening in future. Look forward to learning name when all is finalized. Congratulations again.
    Bob

14. MapleDots

MapleDots Domain Properties 2010 - 2019 VIP

Having conversed with @Want2learn a number of times I think he made the right decision. He has a lot of renewals to pay for and this will help out. I am truly very happy for his sale and wish him many more.

15. Want2learn

Time to unveil the name

AdvantageCannabis.com

16. Want2learn

Now that you all know the name, what are your thoughts?

17. Radu054

Radu054 Upgraded Member Blue Account VIP

I think it’s a fair price for the domain. I would probably have accepted it as well. Congratulations!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: