IT.COM

GoDaddy doesn't show the name available

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
I grace deleted a domain to register it at godaddy ..Every other registar shows the domain is available but GoDaddy shows its taken...So weired?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
where was it when you deleted it?

•••
•••
Last that I recall, GoDaddy whois is not real-time, so it will just take time until they update their cache.
@Joe Styler can answer correctly

•••
Most of the time we can tell if a name is registered or not pretty quickly. If you tell me the domain I may be able to look into it. There may be a reason we are not showing it as available. Say someone has a backorder with us we may be trying to grab it and we wont show it to the rest of the customers since there is already a line to register it via backorder. Could be a bunch of things if you send me the name I can look.

•••
Pmd u, it's not only about this name ..You grace a delete a name and every registar shows available except GoDaddy.

•••
If you purposefully delete a name from the zone it takes a bit longer to show up with us. This is pretty rare overall.

•••
•••
If you purposefully delete a name from the zone it takes a bit longer to show up with us. This is pretty rare overall.

Thanks. But it was all good few days back...Now it's showing unavailable for any grace deleted domain...I think showing it unavailable under same zone is not necessary ..Tasting names is allowed in lot registars .. if I want to taste a traffic of a domain at a cheaper registar and move to GoDaddy it shows domain not available is disappointing

•••
It wont take a couple days, we do a hard refresh of the zone file daily as well as live checks. If it is taking days something else may be going on with this name.

•••
Possible to register from different zone ?

•••
This happens VERY regularly .. over the last 6 months it's happened to me many dozens of times where I try to grab a domain at drop and godaddy sometimes says available then sometimes says unavailable then sometimes says premium .. all random in no particular order and all within minutes of each other (even back and forth multiple times) and it could be in any order .. even later in the night sometimes I go back and try multiple times and get different results within minutes of each other.

I've lost so many races to drop on domains because of this .. there were even days I just gave up .. lately I've actually taken a bit of a break from such domains ... ironically most of those domains I didn't get were formerly at godaddy .. so by having a very unreliable backend they are actually losing domains to other registrars that were formerly theirs! :-/

•••
Hope GoDaddy fixes this...What problem do they have if I grace delete a name..I am still giving them buisness by registering the domain with them....Every other registar shows available and godaddy act weired ..So furstrating

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back