IT.COM

Issues with transfers away from GoDaddy- not appearing in pending transfers?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Anybody else having issues transferring domains away from Godaddy today?

Doesn't appear in pending transfers to expedite despite the fact that the registrar I'm transferring to (Namesilo), clearly shows that it is pending at the registry.

Godaddy support are useless and deny there's a transfer request. Domain shows pendingtransfer status according to whois.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Really annoying issue. And seems random too. I had four domains transferring out. Two of them appeared in the transfer-out section, but not the other two.

•••
I just had my original name that got stuck complete the transfer out. I was never able to expedite this transfer, but it was initiated on December 23, so I think it just hit the 5 day mark and automatically transferred out.

I still have 4 names which I can't expedite transfers on, which I suppose will automatically do so after 5 days as well.

•••
I just had my original name that got stuck complete the transfer out. I was never able to expedite this transfer, but it was initiated on December 23, so I think it just hit the 5 day mark and automatically transferred out.

I still have 4 names which I can't expedite transfers on, which I suppose will automatically do so after 5 days as well.

Yes, that is the same experience we've seen for our customers having the same problem. The transfers do ultimately complete once transferred automatically by the registry.

•••
Like Nat, my domains got transferred automatically after 5 days.

The key bit here though- why did the domains not appear in the list to expedite initially and why were Godaddy reps helpless in the matter?

Would appreciate if any Godaddy rep could shed some light on the issue.

•••
Hi folks, just coming back from vacation and catching up. I'll send up a flare around here and see why the domain didn't show correctly so you could expedite.

•••
Thanks Paul for looking into this.

Sometime this afternoon or tonight, I had two names that were in "no man's land" show up in my Pending Transfers Out panel and i was able to expedite them. So If anyone still has this going on, maybe check your Transfers Out panel and see if the names showed up there. FWIW I didn't receive any e-mails about them. They just showed up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back