NameSilo

Have you ever noticed on GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domains Ted

Top Member
Impact
Have you ever noticed when you search any domain on godaddy you find it available. Than add to cart and make payment. Suddenly, for whatever reason, you can't make a payment and all of a sudden when you're looking again at your domain it suddenly shows that it's been taken.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you ever noticed when you search any domain on godaddy you find it available. Than add to cart and make payment. Suddenly, for whatever reason, you can't make a payment and all of a sudden when you're looking again at your domain it suddenly shows that it's been taken.
  • In 2007, Jonathon Nevett, Vice President of Policy at Network Solutions, stated publicly in reference to DNFR that “the practice certainly exists in the gTLD space.”
  • Ironically enough, in 2008 the same Jonathon Nevett confirmed that Network Solutions was, in fact, front running domain names, although they never admitted wrong-doing and claimed it was for the benefit of their customers.
  • The ICANN Security and Stability Advisory Committee has received many complaints over the years and in October, 2007, they released the ICANN Domain Name Front Running advisory.

•••
I always double/triple check domains availability.
It happened many times ( at least to me) that when I appraised the same domain different days , it goes with a different value.
I saw domains appraised over 4k at godaddy , being appraised almost 2k. Couple days after.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back