Dynadot

Issues with transfers away from GoDaddy- not appearing in pending transfers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anybody else having issues transferring domains away from Godaddy today?

Doesn't appear in pending transfers to expedite despite the fact that the registrar I'm transferring to (Namesilo), clearly shows that it is pending at the registry.

Godaddy support are useless and deny there's a transfer request. Domain shows pendingtransfer status according to whois.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes! #MeToo

I'm trying to transfer to NameBright, so it's clearly a GoDaddy issue if we're both getting this trying to transfer to different registrars.

•••
This I have had issues with for several weeks, if they were under privacy. Each time, I called and waited and called again, they had to manually release the names. Transferred one without privacy to Namebright though a few days ago.

•••
My names are not under privacy.

This issue first cropped up for me about 22 hours ago.

•••
•••
My names are not under privacy.

This issue first cropped up for me about 22 hours ago.

Something newer then. I have one stuck even and set it aside. Hope they have somebody working over the Holiday week.

•••
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one facing this issue.

Domain is not under privacy- think you need to remove those to initiate a transfer away?

It normally takes me 15 minutes with the expedited process- I hope removing privacy doesn't expose my number and e-mail to spammers. GD don't even allow you to put privacy back in this period :(

•••
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one facing this issue.

Domain is not under privacy- think you need to remove those to initiate a transfer away?

It normally takes me 15 minutes with the expedited process- I hope removing privacy doesn't expose my number and e-mail to spammers. GD don't even allow you to put privacy back in this period :(

I did remove privacy, but the fields did not auto populate with my account whois. I had them force the update on their back end. 72 hour wait both times, and 4 hours in phone calls. Third time, the guy refused to escalate the problem like the previous two calls, he said manually change it and it would not effect the 60 day hold, but never received the confirmation email. That was at least a week ago. I will transfer all out as soon as they are about to expire. I like the GD company people, they try most of them to do a good job, but the software has navigation scatter and seems like a patchwork of things and needs a redesign, imho.

Removing privacy to transfer does expose you, that was my issue. However, GD whois is not easily mass scraped from what I can tell.

Last edited:
•••
Having this issue too. Not cool.

•••
I can report that several of our customers have reported the same problem. Seems to have started about 24 hours ago or so.

•••
I can report that several of our customers have reported the same problem. Seems to have started about 24 hours ago or so.

Thanks for the further confirmation.

I first noticed it on December 23, around 3pm East Coast USA time.

•••
Count me in.

I requested two about the same time, both to same registrar. One was expedited without a hitch, this other one, nada. Yet it does indicate pending transfer in the whois.

•••
@forge Were both domains still active? Just wondering if the issue has something to do with already expired domains as mine pending transfer is.

•••
I initiated a bulk transfer-out from GoDaddy one and half to two days ago, about 20-30 names. I was able to expedite something like 7-8 of them on the GD transfer out page as normal, but I've still not been given any option to expedite the transfer the rest.

•••
@forge Were both domains still active? Just wondering if the issue has something to do with already expired domains as mine pending transfer is.
All the domains I'm transferring out are active (also those that I've not been able to expedite the transfer out of).

Last edited:
•••
All the domains I'm transferring out are active (also those that I've not been able to expedite the transfer out of).

Did you have privacy on any of them? My one name is stuck need to call again.

•••
Today I was able to expedit 3/3 outbound transfers (2=>Dynadot , 1=>Namesilo). No privacy btw.

•••
Hmm, yeah both mine were expired by just a couple days.

•••
Ok, so I had to call again. Was told to send an email to another address, which I not sure I should publish. The name took over a week to transfer and sat there, then I was told I needed to enter all the whois manually. Then there is an option when you are about to finalize the last screen to deselect the 60 day hold. After that, took a few minutes. Now I have another name, NOT under privacy got code and still 2 days and not shown up in the transfers page. Strange.

•••
My names were not expired at all, nor near to being so.

And none of them had or ever have had privacy on them.

I initiated transfer out of 7 names yesterday, simultaneously, and I was able to expedite 4 of them, and 3 of them are "in limbo" with a status of pendingTransfer showing in WhoIs, but I received no email from GoDaddy regarding these 3 and they are not showing in my Pending Transfers Out section of my GD account.

I spoke with GoDaddy Premier Services two days ago and was told that "We have 7 days to complete transfers and I'm not starting a ticket over this" and "There is nothing unusual about this."

I would hope that GoDaddy would be committed to fixing any glitches that arise in the normal, expedited transfer out process.

•••
Ok, so I had to call again. Was told to send an email to another address, which I not sure I should publish. The name took over a week to transfer and sat there, then I was told I needed to enter all the whois manually. Then there is an option when you are about to finalize the last screen to deselect the 60 day hold. After that, took a few minutes. Now I have another name, NOT under privacy got code and still 2 days and not shown up in the transfers page. Strange.

It sounds like you may be talking about account changes within GD, rather than transfers out of GD which is the topic of this thread. Or am I misreading your post?

•••
It sounds like you may be talking about account changes within GD, rather than transfers out of GD which is the topic of this thread. Or am I misreading your post?

These are all transfers out. I will move them all out as these names expire. Not that many there.

Misreading. No pushes or account changes. The stupid privacy thing autopopulated on one name, the others it didn't. I am transferring out to another registry, and nothing but a hassle. I was told a couple weeks ago they have a back end problem, and that they had to manually force my whois to be populated, otherwise I could not transfer without the hold after whois change. Now it seems like they changed a menu to deselect this, I have not done that many at GD so not sure if that is new or not. The name was about to expire in a few days, and the other one waiting now expires in Feb. I posted on another thread.

•••
OK @offthehandle you are talking about getting an exemption on the 60-day lock to transfer out, which is not what I'm talking about, just for clarification.

There is no 60-day lock on the names I am trying to transfer out.

•••
•••
Similar to what Nat and OTH have reported, Godaddy have simply asked me to wait out the transfer period, and say they can't expedite the transfer.

Seems to be a communication issue between the central registry and Godaddy, and beats me how something seemingly so elementary can't be solved when we've come so far technologically.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back