NameSilo

GoDaddy continues to grow in India

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Go Daddy India Growth Beats Expectations

HYDERABAD, India--(BUSINESSWIRE)-- Go Daddy, the world's largest provider of Web hosting, domain name registrations and new SSL Certificates, is seeing a significant surge in new Indian customers over the last year and in recent months. Comparing July last year to July this year, new Go Daddy India customers have nearly doubled, growing by 91 percent. Since January and through the first seven months of the year, data shows Go Daddy growing new Indian customers by a robust 52 percent.

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/daddy-india-growth-beats-expectations-103000506.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder how the base numbers compare to BigRock and parent company. They appear to be scaling up huge.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting news here but not really that surprising. I wonder if they bumped up their promotion in that part of the world and if that could be the reason for such a big surge.

•••
In any case, hopefully the India-based registrars can rise to meet the challenge.

A monopoly is never good - more competition keeps prices low and hopefully they don't get squashed by the GoDaddy machine.

•••
Good news for .in investors. I'm going all in with .INs.

•••
In any case, hopefully the India-based registrars can rise to meet the challenge.

A monopoly is never good - more competition keeps prices low and hopefully they don't get squashed by the GoDaddy machine.
So now we would hopefully see "Branded" and "Generic" registrars. :D

•••
Interesting news here but not really that surprising. I wonder if they bumped up their promotion in that part of the world and if that could be the reason for such a big surge.

Thats part of it at best.The fundamentals of India's internet age predicts a gradual, solid growth in web space and presnce for India. Remember that in a few years, India will have more internet users than america's population. These changes happen in slow motion, but they are happening for sure. The numbers will keep increasing too i bet.The total number of .in domains registered is increasing rapidly and this going to remain a trend for years more to ome..IN is underrated on NP, i know it, thats why i keep quiet.So that the "stars" of the trade can move along and leave these easy gems for me to pick up at cheap prices.

•••
dot in is absolutely underrated. That s a billion population there in India. Even if hypothetically half of the country will never get online because of socio economic reasons as some say, 600 million Indians who will be online will be a force to reckon with in the .in space. Yes the people who invested in .in years ago will have a nice payout one day. I do not own any .in

•••
Love this information! Pass some nice .in names my way. The sky is the limit guys. 999names if you believe in .in, you should be looking for some names now. There are still tons of nice one word generics out there. Even more two word generics!

•••
So, India is seen as a potential target base for Go Daddy and will soon see generic and branded registrars. Maybe this is due to upcoming youth culture in India

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back