Dynadot

news India Has Surpassed The US And Is Number 2 To China...For Now!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I was reading this morning and came across a great article.
India is in the midst of a phenomenal internet boom. According to Mary Meeker's 2016 Internet trends report released in April 2016, India's Internet user growth rate is four times the global user growth rate. India now has 277 million Internet users surpassing the US and second only to China, the report says. Of course, there is plenty of room for growth given that only about 22 percent of the Indian market is penetrated. The number of web users in India is expected to see a twofold rise at 730 million by 2020 against 350 million at the end of 2015, according to 'The Future of Internet in India' report by Nasscom and Akamai Technologies.
Greater awareness and an orientation towards technology have an impact on online presence. According to a Zinnov report on the ‘State of the Domain Name Industry in India,’ services & manufacturing enterprises are key segments buying domain name to establish online presence. Also, not surprisingly, states with a high penetration of internet users indicate a higher domain name adoption in the country. For example, Maharashtra, Delhi/NCR and Karnataka account for 38 percent of the registered domain names in India.

You can read the full article here:
http://bwdisrupt.businessworld.in/article/India-s-Growing-Internet-Penetration-and-the-Power-of-com/12-04-2017-116185/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for your post , but its not a surprise for me, 200 friends request i receive per day are from indian guys.

•••
Efforts that helps to reach that number :D

upload_2017-4-13_9-59-58.png

•••
•••
Generation Z will be the most technologically advanced generation in the history of mankind folks. They'll be using technology in school at a young age and will be the most technologically knowledgeable. No where to go but up.

Now about those new gtlds..

Last edited:
•••
Except for some one-word names, I never believed that .in or .co.in would ever be a good investment for any domainer.
I am from India and I know people here have low purchasing power compared to US or China. They would rather go for an alternate domain name rather than running after a specific one. Also, numerous businesses have names in local/regional languages.
The only proper target would be the MNC's which have operations in India and are trying to get the .in, eg: amazon.in

•••
•••
Thanks to all for sharing your experience with .in extension. Personally I have no knowledge about this ccTLD and I'm willing to learn from you guys! (y)

•••
Thank you for your post , but its not a surprise for me, 200 friends request i receive per day are from indian guys.
LOL ... You got here or FB..?

MyJioApp.in (3 Million Exact Match Search Each Month)

Except for some one-word names, I never believed that .in or .co.in would ever be a good investment for any domainer.
I don't think so. Nothing kool left in .COM hence .IN will be your best investment if you hold good domains 2-5 yrs. Domain/Website business are still at Baby Stage in India. What are good domains according to Indian..?
Hmmm that's important :xf.wink:

•••
LOL ... You got here or FB..?

MyJioApp.in (3 Million Exact Match Search Each Month)

Well.. Not a good idea to register trademark-infriging domain names. A clear case of bad faith registration.
Reliance is known for vigorously defending its "Jio" Trademark

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/text.jsp?case=D2014-0759
http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/text/2015/d2015-1718.html
http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/text/2015/d2015-1719.html

•••
•••
The worst things that happened to the Internet is those spam fockers from india. Yep calling out that whole country!! That excludes the legit Indian people :) Just the spam fockers.

•••
•••
I have registered some lll .in domains in 2017, still finding it difficult to get a good price, there is no good marketplace for selling the .in domains and too much slander of harmless domain investors

•••
Good for India but I think China has most of the money though

•••
•••
The worst things that happened to the Internet is those spam fockers from india. Yep calling out that whole country!! That excludes the legit Indian people :) Just the spam fockers.
Even Indians facing same problem rather more than world.
Adding one more digit to your phone number will sort out these spams. IMO

I have registered some lll .in domains in 2017, still finding it difficult to get a good price, there is no good marketplace for selling the .in domains and too much slander of harmless domain investors

What are best domains according to Indians..?
LLL NNN ... NO NO NO.
Even if you sell LL.in or Single Letter L.in or Digit N.in I bet 95% Indians won't buy it even at REG FEE :xf.grin:
Its Not China.

•••
Even if you sell LL.in or Single Letter L.in or Digit N.in I bet 95% Indians won't buy it even at REG FEE :xf.grin:
Its Not China.
Maybe 95% of Indians are unaware of domaining but I disagree with u..single letter L or N has huge value even in .in

•••
Maybe 95% of Indians are unaware of domaining but I disagree with u..single letter L or N has huge value even in .in

There is no value in single letter or number .in.

•••
@Rinkuji Most Indians are very miserly, they do not want to invest any money in short and rare domains, unlike the Chinese, americans and other western countries where rare items are valued. Did not get any offer for lll.in domains listed for sale

•••
@dnk Its country specific. If you are buying any ccTLD to sell that respective country people, you should buy what they preferred.

•••
Well, there is value, since base price of lll.in is low $$$. But they are not released by the registry, yet. Minimum length is 3 characters.

From my personal experience, .in is my best investment these last years. I will hold my .in domains for the next 5 or 10 years.

•••
Seems to be a typo on your end .. you have sold several lll.in and lll.co.in names yourself .. hence assuming it's a typo on your end ..

•••
Well, there is value, since base price of lll.in is low $$$. But they are not released by the registry, yet. Minimum length is 3 characters.

From my personal experience, .in is my best investment these last years. I will hold my .in domains for the next 5 or 10 years.
Yes l.in and ll.in are in possession of in registry , a govt of India organisation ..

•••
@Rinkuji Most Indians are very miserly, they do not want to invest any money in short and rare domains, unlike the Chinese, americans and other western countries where rare items are valued. Did not get any offer for lll.in domains listed for sale[/
Good for India but I think China has most of the money though
in my opinion India is few years behind China .. India is worlds 3rd largest economy as per PPP...so there is lot of money when one focused on volumes .. same sales model of west not applicable for India .. India's digital awareness a way lower until few years before ..but it's picking up fast .. ignoring India's market as as good as those ignored China market in 2012 or 13 .. obviously there is a room for all domain extensions.. there are companies who can afford premium names like word.com or lll.com .. or mid sized companies prefer .in due to budget constraints... small companies want premium .com but obviously they can't afford .. so obviously .in will emerge as a volume leader .. it's just a matter of few years but bound to happen .. just my humble opinion

•••
India is where the US was in 1999, I see similar trends going on. The boom in .IN is a matter of businesses understanding the value of online spending and growth in ecommerce, which by the way is just taking off, just like we went through starting around 1999. The next 10 years we probably saw the biggest rise in .com prices.

2017-2030 , I expect to see a dramatic increase in online spending in India which will drive online competition from all business, which will drive domain price growth for .in domains. Between Google.co.in, Amazon.in, Irctc.co.in and large popular websites, the dot .in tld receives over 1 billions visits a day. (Thats pretty rare company). So the traffic is there, the .in brand is solid and growing, the one factor we are waiting for is the actual SPEND online, which will come.

This isn't rocket science, we have seen this play out in many countries already, execpt India is a little different. English keywords will be huge in India, not that different from the US. How do I know this, have been running websites with traffic from India for over 15 yrs.

While the domaining industry has been distracted with these hypes or little new gtlds's, some of us have been focussed on .IN - something thats going to be around for a while :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back