Dynadot

GoDaddy Auctions -- Discussion, Acquisitions, and Sales

NameSilo
Watch

I searched the forum and could not find a thread dedicated solely to Godaddy auctions, which seem to be heating up lately.

I envision this thread as a place for discussion regarding YOUR sales and acquisitions, and general discussion about the auction venue itself, and, perhaps, some domain oddities that are popping up on the auction site, for example, high-priced domains that should be regfee.

:)

One caveat, though: for your own good, PLEASE do not reveal your auction win (or anyone else's, for that matter) until the domain has landed in your account because the original owner still has the option to renew it, and I know how vexing that can be. In other words, don't count your chickens until they're hatched.

On the other hand, if you're having second thoughts about your auction win, by all means tell us all about it.

I suppose that if an auction win is high profile, it's already out there, but, still...

Anyway, I'll start with three comments:

1. I won my first (and maybe last) intentional typo, and it's getting clicks (no $ so far, though): Forwx.com. I could not find a live TM on this term, but one never knows. I have mixed feelings about this one.

2. I accidentally clicked on a BIN that I didn't want (I wanted the one above it), but I decided to honor the bid anyway. Grrr..., so be careful before hitting the submit button. It's not in my account yet, so I can't really reveal it right now.

3. Currently, there's a weird .co domain at over $9,000, with three bidders duking it out. Again, I don't want to reveal what it is, but if you go to the most active auctions, it's number 1 (as of this posting).​

Mods, I hope this thread is okay.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Godaddy transfers the name to your account on day 42.

So this suggests that there is at least a 3-day danger period when the domain could possibly be clawed back.

I think this is an error in timing. The question would be who owns the names between day 42-45 because it's apparently neither you nor the original registrant.

Technically you are the registrant and own it but if they take it back who owns it then?

The TOS at registrars is awful. Half of the ENOM .TV ToS still refer to legacy premiums.

The thirty days is original registration. This is a renewal where the language doesn't apply.

•••

It would be interesting if a Godaddy rep (one high up on the food chain) would jump on this thread and address some of these issues.

However, I doubt if they will.

Also, since we're parsing GD TOS, here's an interesting bit (under #4, General Rules of Conduct), stipulating a reason (among other reasons) for suspending one's Godaddy account:

...Promotes, encourages or engages in hate speech, hate crime, terrorism, violence against people, animals, or property, or intolerance of or against any protected class...

Hmmm, does that mean Bob Parsons ought to be suspended, or are not elephants a protected class?

•••
They may or may not be a protected class, but last time I checked, elephants were animals.

•••

The 5/28 .us auction wins should be hitting buyer accounts by tonight or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow with these big boys).

My two are holding so far, but I have also lost a domain on the last day, so I'm not counting on anything.

Also, I won't be revealing mine until day 45, just to be safe (I suggest that you do the same with your wins, but, of course, that's up to you. Please don't reveal anyone else's wins--thanks)

But I will reveal whether or not mine have landed in my account.

•••
got my first 2 expired names yesterday, i had no clue about the extra 7 day renew. Hope they dont renew cause these should be easy to sell

•••

The 5/28 .us auction wins should be hitting buyer accounts by tonight or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow with these big boys).

My two are holding so far, but I have also lost a domain on the last day, so I'm not counting on anything.

Also, I won't be revealing mine until day 45, just to be safe (I suggest that you do the same with your wins, but, of course, that's up to you. Please don't reveal anyone else's wins--thanks)

But I will reveal whether or not mine have landed in my account.

The domains show -

Expired domain ready on : 06/05/2012

However in the past the domains are almost always assigned one day before the day shown. I looked last year and the domains were assigned at around 10PM EST the day before the date shown, so I would expect them later today/tonight.

Brad

•••

I have 5 domains due to land in my account, either late tonight or tomorrow: three .us (one was a BIN that I snagged at $8 BIN--couldn't decide, but decided that it was pretty good) and two .com.

One .com has already landed in my account: CreateTags.com (not one that I care a great deal about--another BIN, so if it disappears, no biggie).

I've noticed that BIN domains tend to land sooner, although I once had a cheapie domain be renewed under me--I was actually relieved because I had had second thoughts about it. Thanks, numpty owner...

LOL

•••
I've noticed that BIN domains tend to land sooner, although I once had a cheapie domain be renewed under me--I was actually relieved because I had had second thoughts about it. Thanks, numpty owner...

There is an easy explanation for that -

Closeouts are moved around 7 days from the end of the original auction. If they are sitting on closeouts for a few days, it could only take 4 days to receive the name.

Auction 1 ends on 6/4 with bidders. Auction moved to winners account around 6/11.

Auction 2 ends on 6/4 without a bidder. Domain is them moved to closeouts. Domain is purchased on 6/7. It is moved to account on 6/11.

Brad

•••
I just checked and all the .US landrush auction wins have been assigned to the new owners.

Brad

•••
Only grabbed 1 (from closeouts). Arrived in my account overnight.

Not too worried about "clawback"

trustfund

•••
•••

Me too.. One more to go :)

I dont know whether to be happy i got it or sad that i dont pick any of the ones deemed good enough to renew.

•••
transaction complete!

CoffeeBeans.us is all mine!

•••
transaction complete!

CoffeeBeans.us is all mine!

Congrats!

Welcome to .US. & You think .TV is full of wackos :notme: (just stay away from .me for a while).

•••
I like closeouts...even if other people think they stink!

ShopFoam.com
My3DGames.com

•••
Does anybody here have experience with 'make offer' sales on Godaddy.

Almost a week ago I placed a mid xxx offer on a domain, but I haven't heard back from the seller. The sales listing shows X number of days remaining. Do sellers wait until those days are up and then start negotiating with all offers or do they usually start negotiations immediately?

The sale does show that other offers have been made, but in my auction manager it says that I am the 'high bidder'.

•••
Your offer will have an amount of time its good for (your obligated to purchase if he/she accepts) This time is the key, not the "x number of days sale listing" as its not an auction hammer date, just a roll over time period. Check to see if your offer is still active. Odds are your so under what they want they dont even want to communicate with you. There a small chance there on vacation or someting.

•••
Odds are your so under what they want they dont even want to communicate with you. There a small chance there on vacation or someting.

Yup, I was thinking that as well, but, when they list it for offers starting at a $10 minimum and my initial offer is mid xxx, I would think that they would reply and see where my second offer falls before cutting off communications.

Thanks for the clarification on the process. I'm guessing that they can only reply to one offer at a time as well, seeing as their offer would also be binding.

•••

My 5/28 domains have all landed in my account.

One is just a "cute" hack (maybe not much value and not much likelihood of being clawed back, and even if it were, big deal), so I'll reveal it:

WhyNot.us

Congrats to everyone who made it through redemption hell week with a great (and even not-so-great) name!

I also won a few other .us that trickled in after the big 5/28 closer, but I'm not going for too many other .us until I sell some that I already have.

•••
Can someone else verify...is Godaddy.com down? or just me?

•••
Can someone else verify...is Godaddy.com down? or just me?

Here as well:
Whoops! Sorry for the delay in service.
Our team is investigating.

Thank you for your patience
during this time.
--The Go Daddy Engineering Staff

•••
Here as well:
Whoops! Sorry for the delay in service.
Our team is investigating.

Thank you for your patience
during this time.
--The Go Daddy Engineering Staff

I have never been on when this has happened that I can remember. Does this happen often?

•••
I don't remember it happening before but I'm sure it has, some of the biggest sites out there will have an issue every now and then. It'll probably get corrected soon.

•••
My second name has landed! I wont post it because I was told not too... I will be creating a one page site and it will appear in my sig at some time.... Mwahahaha...

•••
Pat.org closes today over $2000 currently.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back