Dynadot

GoDaddy Auction - Repossessed by GoDaddy - Game playing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

voiceofreason

Established Member
Impact
Won a pretty good name at GD for under 30 bucks.
It was a domain "owned" by GoDaddy since it was listed as "repossessed by godaddy".
Generally names I win take less than 7 days to process.
The domain shows as
Sold Date Status
2019/04/29 Yours On: Completed
But here I am 12 days later and the domain is not showing up under my domains.

Godaddy support has given me 8 different reasons and timeframes for the domain to show up.

Really disgusted by the new support people. I asked for links on GoDaddy to back up the info they were giving me. Of course they wouldn't back up their statements.
Miss the days of calling getting helpful people in the Arizona area to assist me.
@joestyler
Want my name! Not wait 21 days as one rep suggested.

What is the average time you have waited for a Godaddy domain purchased via auction to transfer to your domains?

jXHzt9a.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The time it takes to have a domain transferred into your account post-GoDaddy auction varies depending on each domain's situation. Your "demand" for a link to something written, quoting how long it should take, I think is a bit mis-guided and will not help in getting answers. Although the responses from "Rebecca" aren't consistent, it may be better to try and not be so rude in chat.

If you post the domain name in question, some of us can do some research and maybe try and determine why it may have been repossessed by GoDaddy in the first place. There may be some other issues with the domain name.

•••
The time it takes to have a domain transferred into your account post-GoDaddy auction varies depending on each domain's situation. Your "demand" for a link to something written, quoting how long it should take, I think is a bit mis-guided and will not help in getting answers. Although the responses from "Rebecca" aren't consistent, it may be better to try and not be so rude in chat.

Came here for some answers, not for some user to chide me and call me "so rude". Eww.
I don't know how anyone could call it misguided to want a reference to a straightforward timeframe.
I posted part of the chat. I was patient for a long time and the person on chat couldn't seem to give a simple answer.

To anyone else reading this, GoDaddy hasn't done anything since I posted to resolve the matter. Just canned sympathy and more excuses and further made up reasons why the name is not showing.

And not a single email from [email protected]

Godaddy has had control of the domain for over 6 months. They put it up for auction. I paid immediately. It is generic, not remotely a trademarked name and there is not reason it shouldn't be transferred already.

•••
If you send me the domain I can take a look.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back