IT.COM

Getting a finder's fee...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nice Guy

Established Member
Impact
Don't know how to do something like this but was wondering if anyone else had experience with this...

A domainer is looking for a dentist domain. I happen to check registra and come up with a name that is still available to grab. Contact OP and let them know I might have a great name for them. In fact, I found dentist.com. Don't have budget, not interested in purchasing it and then selling it...

What is best way to proceed? How could you do a transaction like this with OP just for information. Ultimately I will have to "trust" the person and give away the information first and hope for good faith "if" they end up registering it.

Anyone do stuff like this? Any other way around it? Best way to do transaction?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Was not trying to be "cute" but when you come to a public forum and talk about suicide and multiple suicide attempts these things must be taken seriously! Please talk to someone professionally!

•••
Was not trying to be "cute" but when you come to a public forum and talk about suicide and multiple suicide attempts these things must be taken seriously! Please talk to someone professionally!

No actually most people get politically correct and really have no idea "how" to talk about it or what to do. And I can literally educate the professionals, and do on the subject. Thanks for the rookie advice.

•••
@Loxline ,

I already pushed all the domains back to you. After two days of questions with tech support trying to figure out how to do it, I just finally figured it out. It is pending your acceptance. I would take them and do the right thing with them now. If someone actually does outbid you like you were 99.9% sure would happen, then YOU transfer them to the winning bidder. YOU can accept payment because they are yours now to do as you will. I am totally OK with you making any profit off it you can being you were 99.9% sure you wouldn't win. I won't be back again and leave the ball in your court to do the right thing. I don't care if I get a negative whatever or however it works for the auction sale. Don't plan on coming back.

Not for nothing...but I would have never noticed the trademark thing because I am not concious of what he is talking about. But the bottom line is that YOU DID KNOW THAT...didn't you?

So if you lost some face for it...you deserve it. If you are really the nice guy they say you are...people are stupid and will forget things fast. You will recover.

If there was no harm meant, then no foul. But you had to of know that about the trademark thing. Shame on you.

As for being called a "troll..." If "trolling" is not backing down, speaking the truth, and not willing to kiss ass to the deceit and lies for the sake of being full of crap in any capacity...

Then call me "King Troll." That's the beauty of living an honest life...sticks and stones thing ;)

Just in the event any of this is real....

Each one of you can make more of an impact on the world than you can ever begin to imagine or believe. The world is in REALLY BIG trouble and there are a LOT of folks that need your help. A lot lot...

You can start anywhere. Please do. We need your help.

Eric...you have more power in your hands than you can ever imagine...use it to help change the world for the good. Please.

Stupid Troll out.

Last edited:
•••
@Nice Guy

well I really can't see you as a "nice guy"

I said at start
if you are not able to get hold of $10 USD to reg a domain
(or able to find a discount code and get one for 0.99 USD)
you are in the wrong business

let me add:
if you can't do nothing with a free domain
other than cause problems

trademarked or not
( if you do due diligence about trademark laws and don't infringe them
there is no problem owning a domain that somebody has a trademark for )
-no legal advice, I am not a lawyer-

then you are not only in the wrong business

Last edited:
•••
It's understandable why @Nice Guy wanted to be transparent about this situation and make sure everything was legitimate. If @Nice Guy hadn't posted about this situation, then others may have questioned this situation and suspected foul play by both parties.

We've looked into this and have not found any wrongdoing. Nice Guy and @Loxline may share additional details about the situation if they want, but that's up to them.

@Nice Guy, as you spend more time in the domain industry, you'll come to learn that some domainers really are that nice. ;) However, you're right to question things that seem unusual and do your due diligence, such as asking the community for advice.

The auction has been cancelled and we'll let them decide how they want to proceed from here. If any further assistance is needed, please contact customer support.

Thanks for understanding,

•••
It's understandable why @Nice Guy wanted to be transparent about this situation and make sure everything was legitimate. If @Nice Guy hadn't posted about this situation, then others may have questioned this situation and suspected foul play by both parties.

We've looked into this and have not found any wrongdoing. Nice Guy and @Loxline may share additional details about the situation if they want, but that's up to them.

@Nice Guy, as you spend more time in the domain industry, you'll come to learn that some domainers really are that nice. ;) However, you're right to always question things that seem unusual and do your due diligence, such as asking the community for advice.

The auction has been cancelled and we'll let them decide how they want to proceed from here. If any further assistance is needed, please contact customer support.

Thanks for understanding,
I always love reasonable voices of reason. @Eric Lyon I appreciate your feedback, and transparency about the situation. It is unfortunate when one poster shares matters that were private, makes a big stink, and it turns out nothing was awry. I hope @Loxline doesn't lose faith in the good folks here at NamePros!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back