Dynadot

Gene Editing and CRISPR domains!

Spaceship
Watch

Alrightalright

Impact
Any thoughts on potential value of these types of domains in the future?
I think with CRISPR and other gene editing technology making such big waves there may be some value in gene related domains

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This was published some months ago but just came across it. Even though most domain name interest will be in the small startups and companies/organizations that will use CRISPR, still good to keep tabs on how the big three in the space are doing.

"Intellia (NTLA), Editas (EDIT), and CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP) grew rapidly in the last year, reaching market caps of ~$900M, ~$1.5B, and ~$2.1B, respectively, and all holding cash positions of ~$200-300M as of Q4 2017."
The link to the full post at Seeking Alpha (an investment site) is here.

•••
I am much more sure that CRISPR is the biggest scientific development of the (decade?) than I am that much domain money is to be made with it. While CRISPR is already huge in science research and bio startups, I find it hard to predict when, or if, it will become something where the demand for thousands of names by local medical clinics using CRISPR as a diagnostic or treatment will ever happen, and if it does what words will predominate.

Ancestry is of course a well established field with multiple significant domain name sales (although privacy concerns may place some limits on future growth). I do own a few names in that space. I don't know the biology well enough, but I think ancestry/genetics will link with DNA only, not RNA (RNA mainly plays a role in transfer, as opposed to storing genetic codes - here is a good short article on RNA). But health/medical it would appear could benefit hugely if the near RNA proof of concept.

I think whether we come to see CRISPR widely used in prevention and cure of genetic related disorders depends on the following being either shown to not being significant or be mitigated/solved:
  1. Are we sure that it does not have potential to do significant harm? (the recent articles point to possible issues)
  2. Can society agree on what is ethical to do and what is not?
This whole area is not akin to things that reach the consumer space (well I know there are CRISPR kits being sold to consumers, but...) so can't be directly compared to investing in many tech trends.

I admit that I have begun searching around the RNA domain space, but am inclined to think I won't buy any domains with that term personally.

Bob

ps @Bulloney thanks for your comment, but also remember my strategy advice about waiting on domain ideas to feel sure after thinking about a name for a few days. :xf.wink: Maybe I should append that to everything I post on NPs!

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/11/2...st-intl/index.html?r=https://edition.cnn.com/

•••
•••
“Crispr” (well actually “Crisper”) is southern California slang for a hundred dollar bill.

“Slide me a crisper!”

•••
DNA-GENEX-COM-LOGO.png

wow , great sale on dna code, 25k would change my life atm , I will be ready for more legible snags in the future, for now little old me will take Xs and Qs lol , good fortune everyone !!

•••
•••
I bought some domains. Feedbacks?

beyondcrispr.com
crisprseek.com
crisprdirect.com

•••
That is a very nice combination gene + life. Congratulations! Is it standard or premium renewal, @Jimmysun

•••
so what's the thoughts on that price?
I know this was asked a long time ago, but imho the price was high for such a technically specialized word, especially if wholesale buy by a domainer.

On the other hand, I was surprised that the acronym CRISPR in .io did not go for more given that it sold for $75k in .com apparently. I think those of you holding .org in this if the words are good will eventually do alright, but it may still take years.

I have MedicalCRISPR which Epik stats tell me gets a fair amount of people checking the Whois (more than all but one of my other domains with them) but not a single offer in the almost 3 years I have held it. Now it is true that I have done almost nothing other than listing and lander to try to sell it :xf.sick:.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I own 100+ Domains related to DNA Sequencing including

DNASEQUENCING.COM
DNA-SEQUENCING.COM
DNASEQUENCING.ORG
DNASEQUENCE.COM
DNASEQUENCER.COM
DNAMAP.COM
DNATECHNOLOGY.COM
DNALABORATORY.COM
DNAL.COM
DNAZ.COM
DNABOND.COM
DNAPROBE.COM
DNAASSAY.COM
DNAARRAY.COM
BIOMOLECULES.COM
HUMANGENOME.COM
GENESEQUENCING.COM
EXOMESEQUENCING.COM
RNASEQUENCING.COM
WHOLEEXOMESEQUENCING.COM

Looking for end user.

Thanks,

Dave Bhatia

This

•••
You have great names @URLtrader and I know you had at least one major sale in this niche. Are you getting inquiries on the others on a regular basis, if you feel free to comment.
Bob

•••
... I am sure there will be a market here, if one waits, but less sure whether that market will draw heavily on the acronym CRISPR, the acronym DNA, or more general wording.

Bob

Good point. I think DNA will be the stronger play, but CRISPR does appear to have 246,000 searches on the Googs. Not bad.

•••
I know this was asked a long time ago, but imho the price was high for such a technically specialized word, especially if wholesale buy by a domainer.

On the other hand, I was surprised that the acronym CRISPR in .io did not go for more given that it sold for $75k in .com apparently. I think those of you holding .org in this if the words are good will eventually do alright, but it may still take years.

I have MedicalCRISPR which Epik stats tell me gets a fair amount of people checking the Whois (more than all but one of my other domains with them) but not a single offer in the almost 3 years I have held it. Now it is true that I have done almost nothing other than listing and lander to try to sell it :xf.sick:.

Bob
Yes, CRISPR in .org will make a lot of sense if the word finally takes off

•••
Hot tech, but not a good domain keyword. Hard to pronounce, and very technical.

•••
I’ve got geneediting.io and I’m tempted to delete it. Someone give me a lowball offer and I might just take it 😊 note: only will sell if not sold on afternic yet

•••
rewiregenetics.com
rewiregen.com
rewirebio.com

•••
•••
•••
Company's into Crispr are beginning to see increase in value. When will domain investors see increase in demand?

Intellia and gene editors lead weekly healthcare gainers; CEL-SCI and Citius trail

seekingalpha.com/news/3712730-intellia-and-gene-editors-lead-weekly-healthcare-gainers-cel-sci-and-citius-trail

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
GeneTx dot co.uk
GeneTx dot xyz
GeneTechno
TecnoGene

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back