IT.COM

Gene Editing and CRISPR domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Alrightalright

Impact
Any thoughts on potential value of these types of domains in the future?
I think with CRISPR and other gene editing technology making such big waves there may be some value in gene related domains

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I have Crisprtrial.com myself

•••
Got these two several months ago...

CrisprEditing.org

HumanGeneEditing.org

There is value , it’s jusy a waiting game .

•••
I regged gene/editing dot io a week ago and was shocked. Also tech advances exponentially not linearly so that means itll be a decade at most before it really booms not several decades...

Btw I deliberately did not reg anything with “Crispr” in it I assumed its a trademark without searching but I may be wrong hence my focus on gene/editing

Last edited:
•••
The domain CRISPR/io is actually currently on auction at Park/io if anyone is interested.

•••
Some other projections are a bit higher, but this detailed market analysis projects that CRISPR will grow from approximately 500 million USD in 2017 to about 8 billion USD by 2026. The report shows the major companies currently, as well as the areas that most activity will be in. May be helpful for those identifying good domain names and also leads for outbound inquiries.

https://www.inkwoodresearch.com/reports/global-crispr-market-forecast/

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Very interesting discussion, I also think biotech-related domains will get a very good value in the future. CRISPR will definitely help us enter the next era of Biology and Medical science.

@MrAcidic Thanks for sharing the articles!

•••
You guys should take a look at the pix below.

@MrAcidic the names I'm coming across on twitter are not generic in nature; i mean coys in the gene editing space.

Attachments

• IMG_3762.PNG
    IMG_3762.PNG
    185.5 KB · Views: 146
•••
@MetBob yes i saw the article. Eventually i believe many if not most, will go for made up words like Editas, inscriptas , but i wont be surprised seeing startups like Crisprtech or Crisprhealth as the innovation becomes more widespread and commonplace

•••
Last edited:
•••
I am much more sure that CRISPR is the biggest scientific development of the (decade?) than I am that much domain money is to be made with it. While CRISPR is already huge in science research and bio startups, I find it hard to predict when, or if, it will become something where the demand for thousands of names by local medical clinics using CRISPR as a diagnostic or treatment will ever happen, and if it does what words will predominate.

Ancestry is of course a well established field with multiple significant domain name sales (although privacy concerns may place some limits on future growth). I do own a few names in that space. I don't know the biology well enough, but I think ancestry/genetics will link with DNA only, not RNA (RNA mainly plays a role in transfer, as opposed to storing genetic codes - here is a good short article on RNA). But health/medical it would appear could benefit hugely if the near RNA proof of concept.

I think whether we come to see CRISPR widely used in prevention and cure of genetic related disorders depends on the following being either shown to not being significant or be mitigated/solved:
  1. Are we sure that it does not have potential to do significant harm? (the recent articles point to possible issues)
  2. Can society agree on what is ethical to do and what is not?
This whole area is not akin to things that reach the consumer space (well I know there are CRISPR kits being sold to consumers, but...) so can't be directly compared to investing in many tech trends.

I admit that I have begun searching around the RNA domain space, but am inclined to think I won't buy any domains with that term personally.

Bob

ps @Bulloney thanks for your comment, but also remember my strategy advice about waiting on domain ideas to feel sure after thinking about a name for a few days. :xf.wink: Maybe I should append that to everything I post on NPs!

•••
•••
I own 100+ Domains related to DNA Sequencing including

DNASEQUENCING.COM
DNA-SEQUENCING.COM
DNASEQUENCING.ORG
DNASEQUENCE.COM
DNASEQUENCER.COM
DNAMAP.COM
DNATECHNOLOGY.COM
DNALABORATORY.COM
DNAL.COM
DNAZ.COM
DNABOND.COM
DNAPROBE.COM
DNAASSAY.COM
DNAARRAY.COM
BIOMOLECULES.COM
HUMANGENOME.COM
GENESEQUENCING.COM
EXOMESEQUENCING.COM
RNASEQUENCING.COM
WHOLEEXOMESEQUENCING.COM

Looking for end user.

Thanks,

Dave Bhatia
Some nice names in there - GL

•••
•••
•••
Eight of my domains below
BIOMEDENGINEER.COM
BIOMEDENGINEERING.COM
DNASEQUENCING.COM
DNASEQUENCE.COM
DNASEQUENCER.COM
DNAMAP.COM
GENESEQUENCING.COM
SEQUENCING.NET
have been selected for NamesCon 2019 Live and Online auction.

Congrats on getting so many names accepted for the auction @URLtrader. Nice to see biotech/DNA/GeneEditing strongly represented, and hope will see sales of a number of them.

Many are nice on your list, but I particularly like DNAmap and DNAsequence.

Sequencing of course could apply to things other than genes, so be interesting to see what interest it generates.

Best wishes for great success.

Bob

•••
It may no be the dot com

but I still have CRISPR EDITING (ORG) which I think dotORG is VERY suiting for this tech/field and if this truly is the article to come....then perhaps I may get some offers this year...as I have had none to date.

and human/gene/editing/ (org)

Last edited:
•••
This was just published in Nature by a research team with high scientific policy credentials. They looked at how CRISPR is viewed in the North American popular press. In general, fairly positively and mainly overlooking unrealistic hype. Details at link:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41436-019-0482-5

Bob

•••
We took a more product name approach to our CRISPR .com domain names. We envisioned biomedical manufacturers creating special tools, devices, or products with CRISPR in the brand names:

crisprnames.jpg

Most of the above are plays on "crisper" as in clearer or more in focus.

No interest in any of them as of yet.

•••
•••
•••
I have

CrisprBiologicals.com

CrisprBiomed.com

CrisprGeneEditingTechnology.com

CrisprLLC.com

CrisprPharmaceutical.com

CuttingEdgeDNAtechnology.com

DNAtechnology.com

GenomeEditingTechnologies.com

GenomeEditingTechnology.com

Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back