Free for-sale landers by NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Happy April 1st!

We have exciting news to share with you. This year, our April 1st pranks and activities are changing exclusively to adding useful features each year.

For our first April of this new initiative, we're bringing you:

After a very successful closed beta with select PRO members, industry leaders, and Large Portfolio Holders, we're finally ready to share it with you for its public beta! Special thanks to @Future Sensors for going above and beyond in every way to help us test and improve during the closed beta.

Now it's your turn!

Goat GIF by MOODMAN

We hope you'll like what you see!

All feedback and suggestions are appreciated. :)

greekcandy.png

Source: DomainGang

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
u guys do realize gazilons of domains are being sold having nothing but email or phone of seller in plain text.. no serious buyer needs more than that to begin contact and whatever more u think they need is all in your heads...not buyers.

•••
Thanks to @NamePros, @Paul, @Future Sensors and all involved in this development.

While many considerations go into lander choice, this opportunity to have free, SSL landers where the domain investor can directly negotiate with potential buyers will be attractive for many.

Thank you NamePros for yet one more reason that this is such a great community for domain investors.

This is far better than an April Fools prank!!

-Bob

•••
Maybe a dumb question, but is there a way to delete names from your portfolio that use NP landers? I can't seem to see a way where the domains and landers for my account are listed.

Or does one simply change the DNS and the system detects they are no longer pointed and will remove them?

Thanks in advance for clarification.

-Bob

•••
Some good ideas, from a variety of folks, got posted recently. But, this ain't one of them. IMO.

Domainers spamming the internet with parked pages is not a new, or user friendly idea.

Making NamePros a 'spam engine' is not wise, or a noble 'no commission' act, for an ad rev domain forum.

Odds are... ~98% of the people who land on them will be disappointed and a bit mad at it, and NamePros.

Odds are... Google Search will ban NamePros parked pages along with virtually all the other parked pages.

Implementing ideas that don't tarnish the trade, and get domains banned, is a better way to go? IMO.

Beyond the buddy plan, what standard is NP using when considering whose idea(s) get implemented?

•••
Maybe a dumb question, but is there a way to delete names from your portfolio that use NP landers? I can't seem to see a way where the domains and landers for my account are listed.

Or does one simply change the DNS and the system detects they are no longer pointed and will remove them?

Thanks in advance for clarification.
Hi Bob,

Each domain in the Verified Domains section is clickable. A red colored button should then appear to remove the domain from your portfolio. Removing multiple at once is not present yet, but will be soon.

After removal of the (verified) domain from your portfolio, your sales lander will change back to a parking lander again, because it's no longer associated with your parking account.

As long as you're using NamePros Parking nameservers, the parking lander will continue to show, but you will no longer receive inquiries for the domain. So I think the best order to do this is to change DNS first to another place, wait a while, then remove it from your NP Parking portfolio.

Also, NamePros will periodically check if nameservers for the domain are still pointing to them, and will move the domain from Verified to Unverified status automatically if it's seeing other nameservers.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Each domain in the Verified Domains section is clickable. A red colored button should then appear to remove the domain from your portfolio.
Thanks so much, including comment on preferred order of operations, but for me (Mac if that makes a difference) when I go to verified domains my name I want to remove is listed, but when I click on it in any way I can think of (name, block, check mark, etc.) they all just take me to the inquiries list for that domain name. No red button to remove the domain from portfolio.

Suggestions?

Bob

•••
Thanks so much, including comment on preferred order of operations, but for me (Mac if that makes a difference) when I go to verified domains my name I want to remove is listed, but when I click on it in any way I can think of (name, block, check mark, etc.) they all just take me to the inquiries list for that domain name. No red button to remove the domain from portfolio.

Suggestions?
That's odd indeed.

Maybe @Paul knows more.

•••
I was looking up a domain about a week back and it landed here so I knew something was up. Will give it a try when more features are added like minimum offer and bin.

Thank you for your efforts. We all need new options. Its like everyone just laid down and gave up on other options and competing with you know who.

Its not healthy for this industry or any industry to have one big beast and very few alternatives.

•••

Suggestions?

Bob
@Quebec Tech Team is working out all of these design bugs and shortcomings, so please feel free to mention their username as issues are noticed.

•••
is it just me or there seems more np emphasis and ads on there than the domain for sale... we all appreciate the initiative but u scare away 90percent users here with np written all over it and In front 84848 bigger than domain name etc.
The text “NamePros” should never appear bigger than the domain name. Please share an image if that ever happens.

It used to happen when the domain name was very long, but @Quebec Tech Team is aware of that issue and fixing/fixed it.

•••
a few simple facts... for np mods:
how many time on lander does domain name show.. how many times does namepros name show...

secundo... u get nice bold namepros font in all colors of rainbow and a cheap thin line font for domain name. . how is this good?

thirdo...imagine u are buyer never heard of np...u land on this page... is the first thing u will note that this domain x is for sale... or is 1st thing u notice the namepros... not good

•••
An important advantage of the domain ownership verification method at NamePros Parking is that NamePros will frequently check whether the verification name server is still present in DNS for the domain.

Some other marketplaces only require a correct correct ownership verification (or rather, control of the domain name in DNS) while adding the domain, and that status is never checked again. As a result, domains that are no longer owned are listed and buyers can be duped.

And then there are the marketplaces that do not check at all, but have been promising for years that they will implement proper ownership verification in the future.

The correct implementation of TLS and ownership verification at NamePros Parking shows that it doesn't have to be that complicated, and that you can implement this in a short period of time with a relatively small team. NamePros sets the example, and other marketplaces should certainly follow.

Last edited:
•••
Clean looking lander .
Why don't you just let the namepros in the lander not link to namepros? .Powered by namepros is fine but I wouldn't want a buyer to click "namepros", get directed to namepros and abandone the lander .

If they are curious to know what is on namepros,they can type it on their browser.

Thank you for putting in a lot of work to create to create this for free .

Just my honest opinion.

•••
cheap thin line font for domain name
That's on tablet or mobile, right? The domain name could stand out a little more there, I agree.

On PC, the (verified) domain is already presented very boldly.

Last edited:
•••
That's on tablet or mobile, right? The domain name could stand out a little more there, I agree.

On PC, the (verified) domain is already presented very boldly.

yes sir.. mobile. ty

•••
Regarding myself, I will wait until NP can provide stats about the conversion of those pages and how it compares to the industry standard ones.
According to current statistics and beta users with 100+ domains moved, the NamePros landers are performing as good or better than alternatives, and with less spam inquiries.

So far, there have been:
  • 163 total inquiries submitted (these all passed the CAPTCHA to prove they’re human).
  • 105 total inquiries confirmed their email address.
  • 64.4% email confirmed, which could increase as more emails are confirmed on Monday.

The private beta ran for ~2 weeks.

We hope that helps.

Cc @alcy @johnn @JB Lions @NickB @pb @SpareDomains

•••
For those using these landers, who are you using to close sales? NP isn't involved in any of that right?

I guess the same methods people would use selling on the forum. Paypal, Venmo, CashApp, Crypto, bigger sales using some Escrow service etc.

With other landers, that comes with it.

Is NP in the future going to get into handling payments and such? Lease to Own option in the future?

It's not for me because I like Lease to Own option (and other things) and I don't want to advertise a domain forum to end users. And I don't want to bring them here, don't see how that helps anything. But if people are using them, I guess there is a market for it. We're all different, find what works best for you.

Last edited:
•••
they all just take me to the inquiries list for that domain name. No red button to remove the domain from portfolio.
It's on the top-right of the page that lists the inquiries. We probably need to improve that UX a bit.

NP isn't involved in any of that right?
Correct. We're placing the control entirely in your hands. Imagine if we forced you to use our brokers--what a lousy April Fools' prank that'd be!

•••
According to current statistics and beta users with 100+ domains moved, the NamePros landers are performing as good or better than alternatives, and with less spam inquiries.

So far, there have been:
  • 163 total inquiries submitted (these all passed the CAPTCHA to prove they’re human).
  • 105 total inquiries confirmed their email address.
  • 64.4% email confirmed, which could increase as more emails are confirmed on Monday.

The private beta ran for ~2 weeks.

We hope that helps.

Cc @alcy @johnn @JB Lions @NickB @pb @SpareDomains

it never ceases to amaze me how someone can make the absurd claim that this or that lander performs better or same or worse than another lander... when during that specific time and.for those specific.domains only one lander at a time can be tested. it is a complete illogical absurdity to draw such conclusions for these reasons.

•••
Clean looking lander .
Why don't you just let the namepros in the lander not link to namepros? .Powered by namepros is fine but I wouldn't want a buyer to click "namepros", get directed to namepros and abandone the lander .

If they are curious to know what is on namepros,they can type it on their browser.

Thank you for putting in a lot of work to create to create this for free .

Just my honest opinion.
You're absolutely right about the concern about that as a possibility.

The question is whether there is a way for Namepros to get additional income for their efforts, to help support the technology that powers this venture?

Any thoughts?

Overall, the link to Namepros may be very important. Someone landing on a webpage to be able to see the company behind it, to help confirm the legitimacy of the webpage.

•••
You're absolutely right about the concern about that as a possibility.

The question is whether there is a way for Namepros to get additional income for their efforts, to help support the technology that powers this venture?

Any thoughts?

Overall, the link to Namepros may be very important. Someone landing on a webpage to be able to see the company behind it, to help confirm the legitimacy of the webpage.
I really don't know how they can make money but I am.sure they would have that at the back of their mind if at some point some investors can pay like a flat fee or 2% if a sale is made .Since they are doing it for the community,I am sure a low % will help with that.

Just an idea if there would be investors that would pay that.

•••
Someone reselling a domain through the lander they bought at super-low cost here though should be certain that all listings from the NP marketplace have been removed. Careful with related appraisals too. Really just do your homework with domains you are going use the lander for in terms of their NP history.

End users discovering NP via the landers will have its pros and cons, but I think it's beneficial for the industry as a whole to provide the opportunity for people to educate themselves.

I personally don't find the links/Namepros references on the lander too obtrusive, no more than others. Overall nice, clean job.

•••
For those using these landers, who are you using to close sales? NP isn't involved in any of that right?

I guess the same methods people would use selling on the forum. Paypal, Venmo, CashApp, Crypto, bigger sales using some Escrow service etc.

With other landers, that comes with it.

Is NP in the future going to get into handling payments and such? Lease to Own option in the future?

It's not for me because I like Lease to Own option (and other things) and I don't want to advertise a domain forum to end users. And I don't want to bring them here, don't see how that helps anything. But if people are using them, I guess there is a market for it. We're all different, find what works best for you.
These are pretty much basic landers that send the lead to your email.
They are not an all in one option when it comes to messaging, payment system, etc.

You can do what you want with the lead. This is how I used to use Voodoo landers.
I did not use their internal system, but just negotiated via email.

You can direct the buyer wherever you want to complete payment.

I think these landers are a good start, but could use some more fine tuning and features.

Brad

•••
I personally don't find the links/Namepros references on the lander too obtrusive, no more than others. Overall nice, clean job.
There is my test lander - http://brad.us/

On Desktop browser the footer is far less distracting than on mobile IMO.
I do think the footer is a bit large, at least on my mobile device.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back