Free for-sale landers by NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Happy April 1st!

We have exciting news to share with you. This year, our April 1st pranks and activities are changing exclusively to adding useful features each year.

For our first April of this new initiative, we're bringing you:

After a very successful closed beta with select PRO members, industry leaders, and Large Portfolio Holders, we're finally ready to share it with you for its public beta! Special thanks to @Future Sensors for going above and beyond in every way to help us test and improve during the closed beta.

Now it's your turn!

Goat GIF by MOODMAN

We hope you'll like what you see!

All feedback and suggestions are appreciated. :)

greekcandy.png

Source: DomainGang

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tested this for the past week. It's a great initiative by the biggest domainer forum to offer a FREE for-sale lander solution.

In the old days, I parked ALL my domains to a lander with a contact form (then I discovered Sedo and PPC.)

A lot of people prefer an open, direct communication interface and the NamePros for-sale landers offer just that!

Benefits:

> Transparency of communication via form & email
> Instant (almost) setup
> Perfect for small/medium portfolios
> FREE

Lacking SSL but the moderators are working on adding features. Nope, not an April Fools Day joke!

My test domain: GreekCandy.com

Last edited:
•••
❤️ Thanks guys for this surprise to all Namepros members

•••
Nice starting point! Not sure if I'd use it personally but I'll be watching this space!

What email relay service do you guys use to send out enquiries?

•••
Thanks for your help testing! We're deploying an adjustment to the verification retry rate that should speed this up going forward. It'll be live in about five minutes.

Just USD for now, but we've developed this in such a way that we can add further customizability to the landing page in the future.
Thank you Paul ... hope for BIN feature and if possible adding escrow services exclusively at Namepros, so potential buyers can directly purchase at NP without go to outside platform.

•••
Lacking SSL but the moderators are working on adding features.
Thanks to encouragement from @Future Sensors, that feature made it in time for launch. Once a domain is added to a parking account and verified as controlled by that parking account, SSL/TLS will work.

•••
Is there a spot to add description?

•••
What email relay service do you guys use to send out enquiries?
AWS SES--the same service we use for the rest of NamePros. It has solid delivery rates.

Is there a spot to add description?
Not yet, but we're planning to add more customizability to the landing pages in the future. We were in a bit of a time crunch to meet our April Fools deadline.

•••
AWS SES--the same service we use for the rest of NamePros. It has solid delivery rates.

Not yet, but we're planning to add more customizability to the landing pages in the future. We were in a bit of a time crunch to meet our April Fools deadline.

Sweet. Looking forward to see how things evolve! Thank you.

•••
Also I would be quite reluctant to use these as it might/probably will send potential buyers here and interact with a lot of active sellers of other domains - don't won't to be giving people to many ideas......
Another way to look at it is that the Tech team managed to develop this from scratch in a very short period of time. What you see here just works and can be further improved from now on, with all kinds of requested features (like BIN) that we know from other marketplaces. This is not the final product.

As for your comment about the potential buyer coming into contact with the NamePros forum, I can only say that I already got a serious lead from a company during the short testing period.

Personally, I chose not to display my NamePros profile name on the lander. You can enable or disable this in your Parking settings.

Incidentally, the current market leader continuously puts you in contact with other people's domains during the buying process, including domains from their own portfolio. I'd argue that this is not an ideal situation either, aside from their very high fees.

From here, let's further improve NamePros Parking & Sales landers as a community effort.

•••
Thanks to encouragement from @Future Sensors, that feature made it in time for launch. Once a domain is added to a parking account and verified as controlled by that parking account, SSL/TLS will work.
Exactly, and TLS works completely for all of the following URLs (thanks Paul) -

http://domainname/
http://www.domainname/

https://domainname/
https://www.domainname/

Currently, all of these URLs will be redirected to the secure URL at https://www.namepros.com/parked/domainname.

Note that there might be a short delay while provisioning TLS for your domain.

Last edited:
•••
Another way to look at it is that the Tech team managed to develop this from scratch in a very short period of time. What you see here just works and can be further improved from now on, with all kinds of requested features (like BIN) that we know from other marketplaces. This is not the final product.

As for your comment about the potential buyer coming into contact with the NamePros forum, I can only say that I already got a serious lead from a company during the short testing period.

Personally, I chose not to display my NamePros profile name on the lander. You can enable or disable this in your Parking settings.

Incidentally, the current market leader continuously puts you in contact with other people's domains during the buying process, including domains from their own portfolio. I'd argue that this is not an ideal situation either, aside from their very high fees.

From here, let's further improve NamePros Parking & Sales landers as a community effort.
There is no other way for me to look at it?....As previously mentioned it's a nice looking lander - I can appreciate the work that work went into it and can see the potential......

One of the reasons why I do not like the market leader is what you mentioned.......I will conduct business via their platform but will charge a premium for doing so......

NamePros profile showing or not, it still leads back to here......Personally I think I'll keep my domain selling and domain talking separate

Nice to see that you are involved and good luck with it

•••
If the buyer is not the end user then I would assume you will get a bunch of low ball offers from Namepros "Resellers".

•••
If the buyer is not the end user then I would assume you will get a bunch of low ball offers from Namepros "Resellers".
That is the case on all marketplaces.

Last edited:
•••
We’re planning to add a minimum price field that can be set on each domain.

•••
I think a huge thanks is in order for everyone involved in this initiative. Whether it's something you would use or not, for people to give their time for a cause gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Well done everyone. Looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

•••
Is there an option for GBP?
That could be added. Is that something you’d like? Any others?

Also I would be quite reluctant to use these as it might/probably will send potential buyers here and interact with a lot of active sellers of other domains - don't won't to be giving people to many ideas......
It’s a reasonable concern, but we believe it can be overcome because:

Time will tell. :)

•••
That could be added. Is that something you’d like? Any others?
USD / EUR / GBP, as far as I'm concerned. I will only be using USD and EUR for my domains.

Last edited:
•••
Happy April Fools! @NamePros,
What a surreal feeling, seeing you post.

•••
•••
It's an actual feature, not a joke. :)
Well, if it IS real, you indeed got me!

Never had a reverse, end run, too good to be true-but true, April Fools (I think I said that right!)

Last edited:
•••
But joking aside, the prefilled forms (placeholders) would be easy to update to something else. You don’t think that they provide important clarity so that the form is filled out correctly? Would you prefer another company name to be used as the placeholder instead?
I'd propose use of the "Example.com" domain for this purpose:

"The domain names example.com, example.net, example.org, and example.edu are second-level domain names in the Domain Name System of the Internet. They are reserved by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) at the direction of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) as special-use domain names for documentation purposes. The domain names are used widely in books, tutorials, sample network configurations, and generally as examples for the use of domain names. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) operates web sites for these domains with content that reflects their purpose."

Domain Name: EXAMPLE.COM
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.iana.org
Registrar URL: http://res-dom.iana.org
Updated Date: 2022-08-14T07:01:31Z
Creation Date: 1995-08-14T04:00:00Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-08-13T04:00:00Z
Registrar: RESERVED-Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
Registrar IANA ID: 376
Name Server: A.IANA-SERVERS.NET
Name Server: B.IANA-SERVERS.NET

Last edited:
•••
I'd propose use of the "Example.com" domain for this purpose:

"The domain names example.com, example.net, example.org, and example.edu are second-level domain names in the Domain Name System of the Internet. They are reserved by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) at the direction of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) as special-use domain names for documentation purposes. The domain names are used widely in books, tutorials, sample network configurations, and generally as examples for the use of domain names. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) operates web sites for these domains with content that reflects their purpose."

Domain Name: EXAMPLE.COM
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.iana.org
Registrar URL: http://res-dom.iana.org
Updated Date: 2022-08-14T07:01:31Z
Creation Date: 1995-08-14T04:00:00Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-08-13T04:00:00Z
Registrar: RESERVED-Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
Registrar IANA ID: 376
Name Server: A.IANA-SERVERS.NET
Name Server: B.IANA-SERVERS.NET
That works well for the email, but it doesn’t work for the company name. Ideally, we want to encourage an email address and company name that match.

•••
That works well for the email, but it doesn’t work for the company name. Ideally, we want to encourage an email address and company name that match.
Example Company :)

•••
Nice clean lander, good job NP's!

•••
How do you reach the Parking area from within the account without April Fools link?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back