Free for-sale landers by NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Happy April 1st!

We have exciting news to share with you. This year, our April 1st pranks and activities are changing exclusively to adding useful features each year.

For our first April of this new initiative, we're bringing you:

After a very successful closed beta with select PRO members, industry leaders, and Large Portfolio Holders, we're finally ready to share it with you for its public beta! Special thanks to @Future Sensors for going above and beyond in every way to help us test and improve during the closed beta.

Now it's your turn!

Goat GIF by MOODMAN

We hope you'll like what you see!

All feedback and suggestions are appreciated. :)

greekcandy.png

Source: DomainGang

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't think the form should be pre-filled. It certainly doesn't instill confidence to see a "John Doe" there. Maybe just leave the fields blank and trust that the visitor has enough IQ to figure it out.

My questions:
1. Can I see the stats for the parked domain name?
2. What exactly happens after pressing "Start conversation"? It's a weird name for a form submit button.

Last edited:
•••
What exactly happens after pressing "Start conversation"? It's a weird name for a form submit button.
If it’s on your verified domain name, then you’ll receive an email to your parking email address and be able to access it on the website.

We have a guide and FAQ page in the works, as well. They should be ready soon.

•••
How do you reach the Parking area from within the account without April Fools link?
As part of the April Fools’ fun, it doesn’t have a dedicated link the nav menu or anywhere else yet. But it will next week sometime. Until then, for those “in the know,” you might want to bookmark it for convenience. :)

Bonus: Each email that you receive about an inquiry will also link you to it.

•••
Who has already created a NP sales lander today? :xf.cool:

•••
That could be added. Is that something you’d like? Any others?

Yes, EURO, USD and GBP. Interested buyers will do the math but sometimes it's easier to get a clear quote.

Next hurdle to tackle... VAT/Taxes included or excluded ;).

•••
Who has already created a NP sales lander today? :xf.cool:

If they add pricing in EUR, I would feel ok testing maybe a hundred domains or so to start out with. Would do more to test but there would need to be an option to monitor visitor stats.

Own landers/dan/sedo gives you some valuable data to analyse.

•••
•••
•••
Just noticed from the article you can adjust the colour scheme. Cool.

Besides linking to your nP profile, I would love an option with links to sellers website/SM.

Maybe whitelabel/custom branding.

Further down the line on the roadmap, API access :)

Landers like this are a great way to establish first contact then import leads to Dan or Sedo.

•••
•••
I think BIN and Escrow Integration would be wonderful. Escrow already advertises here so I hope that can be worked out between y'all?

•••
I'm just thinking out loud here...

What might be cool is to have auction landers as well and have that integrate nicely with the nP auction section.

Once you have your API going, get auctions/sales pages listed on expired domains and you should get loads of additional traffic. Profit for all :)

•••
While you're at it, start a registrar that offers below cost pricing for namepros members only.

You may want to hold onto that one for next April Fools' though ;)

•••
While you're at it, start a registrar that offers below cost pricing for namepros members only.
At the moment it sounds a bit far off, but given the speed with which the NamePros sales landers have been developed, NamePros could fulfill a central hub function in the future, to which registrars could join. Domains that have been successfully verified for ownership via NamePros can then appear in the registration path via affiliated registrars.

I also thought of a community effort when responding to incoming offers via the sales landers, where you can designate a few trusted NamePros members with whom you can jointly devise a strategy for responding to leads. These trusted members can do this voluntarily or on a small fee basis.

Such things are all possible because NamePros is already a community where members rate each other during domain sales on the forum.

Last edited:
•••
At the moment it sounds a bit far off, but given the speed with which the NamePros sales landers have been developed, NamePros could fulfill a central hub function in the future, to which registrars could join. Domains that have been successfully verified for ownership via NamePros can then appear in the registration path via affiliated registrars.

I also thought of a community effort when responding to incoming offers via the sales landers, where you can designate a few trusted NamePros members with whom you can jointly devise a strategy for responding to leads. These trusted members can do this voluntarily or on a small fee basis.

Such things are all possible because NamePros is already a community where members rate each other during domain sales on the forum.

I like your thinking. Paul is gonna be a busy guy 🤣

•••
I like your thinking. Paul is gonna be a busy guy 🤣
With enough coffee it should work.

In any case, it is very nice to see that the things that are now being created will not be short-lived, like the brilliant game that was launched a few years ago, also on April 1st.

Last edited:
•••
To me this is more about advertising Namepros than making a sale.
If an end user click on Namepros link and see all the activities here (appraisal, domain name buyer request etc..), you will not have a chance to sell the name.
It's just my opinion.

•••
Waiting to see if at 12:01 the 404 comes up "April Fools no server resources for you!" :)

If an end user click on Namepros link and see all the activities here (appraisal, domain name buyer request etc..), you will not have a chance to sell the name.
It's just my opinion.

Thinking it will definitely direct end users here which may pretend to be domainers to save some dough. "I need a financial domain budget $100" :) Looks nice just not a fan of directing end users to every domainers domains over just my own inventory. Would say once everything ironed out be nice to have a paid remove namepros white label solution but if it's on the namepros domain name no hiding that. This would probably work better on a generic domain name where free account=namepros advertising and paid account=no ads.

Last edited:
•••
Waiting to see if at 12:01 the 404 comes up "April Fools no server resources for you!" :)
That would just be cruel. 😅

We all like to have some fun, but NamePros wouldn’t mess with someone’s business like that. NamePros is a serious business, and it has been for many years.

Many of us working here are beyond grateful for it. Projects like these, which only a small part of the team worked on for about a month total, will probably help others see what we’ve always seen: NamePros is amazing!

Yes, this message is biased. 😁

•••
•••
It's just my opinion.
We hope that the NamePros brand provides some value to the landing pages. It is well recognized, even by people and companies that have never used it.

For 20 years now, NamePros has been showing in search results for searches about domains and registrars, including the household name GoDaddy.

It’s inaccurate to think that this community is a secret to buyers, or that they would care to learn about domains like a domainer when they’re tasked by their employer to buy a specific domain name.

From my previous post:
Buyers can be educated that there are cheaper domains available but if they want your domain name, then your price is the price. They cannot go elsewhere to get it cheaper.

Serious buyers will understand this reality, even if they don't like it. It's just the nature of domain names.

But, time will tell.

•••
Waiting for the thread "First sale with Namepros sale-lander"

•••
A very commendable initiative. At least, shows that NP ownership, management, administration is very proactive and keeps adding to free services.

Regarding myself, I will wait until NP can provide stats about the conversion of those pages and how it compares to the industry standard ones. As they look now, I don't expect they are fine-tuned for conversion. A landing page should have minimum distractions.

•••
is it just me or there seems more np emphasis and ads on there than the domain for sale... we all appreciate the initiative but u scare away 90percent users here with np written all over it and In front 84848 bigger than domain name etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back