IT.COM

information Formula for pricing Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

urljunky

Top Member
Impact
I just want to see if I'm doing this right. If I had a domain "picturepalace.com" and I was going to sell it. and i use the formula of key word search volume times 35% click through rate times cost per click times 10 months. so picture has lets say 5 million searches and palace has 1 million searches. palace cpc is .20 and picture is .35. (this is all hypothetically speaking.) and the exact phrase match is low, but it is brandable. so 35% of 6m is 2,100,000. lets average out cpc to .25. so 2,100,000 x .25 = $525,000. now would i multiply $525,000 x 10? or is it worth $525,000? or does that formula only apply to exact phrase domain names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
that is a weird formula ))

I actually seen the formula awhile ago and couldn't find it again, but i finally found it. i had it a bit wrong. It is for premium generic exact match .coms only. Not Keywords in domain name. So it would have to be like "imageformat" and not "photopalace". Although you would probably get more for photopalace than imageformat only because its brandable. Anyhow if you google this you can read about the formula. Its on DomainSherpa.
The Rosener Equation: How to Value Premium Generic Domain Names

•••
Heres my formula - Sedo make offer, fixed BIN

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back