NameSilo

discuss Forget domain name aftermarket places and auctions for a second.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Forget domain name aftermarket places and auctions for a second.

How are you going to sell your domain names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1- Outbound marketing
2- Building a prefect landing page or portfolio, and driver targeted traffic to it.

•••
It's not the marketplaces, it's the trusted marketplaces. I don't get your point. Do you have hundreds of millions to buy trust? If you had, you wouldn't sell domains on Afternic.

Last edited:
•••
Forget domain name aftermarket places and auctions for a second.

This is wild Lox, either you are sensing my thoughts or listening in on a conversation. Today after I posted the Sedo report, I was talking with someone and we were talking about aftermarkets, and he was like oh I need the distribution, Afternic all the way. So I just said do you ever wonder how would you sell if no Sedo, Afternic, DAN, Atom, BrandBucket? No such thing as an aftermarket? Then I see this thread I was like oh man he is reading minds.

The person I was talking to thought I guess all business would be done by parking pages like a link on a Bodis parked page. It is an interesting thought exercise.

•••
Your own landers and open Whois.

•••
This is wild Lox, either you are sensing my thoughts or listening in on a conversation. Today after I posted the Sedo report, I was talking with someone and we were talking about aftermarkets, and he was like oh I need the distribution, Afternic all the way. So I just said do you ever wonder how would you sell if no Sedo, Afternic, DAN, Atom, BrandBucket? No such thing as an aftermarket? Then I see this thread I was like oh man he is reading minds.

The person I was talking to thought I guess all business would be done by parking pages like a link on a Bodis parked page. It is an interesting thought exercise.

What if majority of registrars decide to give up on AN/Sedo feed for a small %.
We don't need the GDs AN chop chop ... and misuse of "similar" ... later, we'll discuss about that part, seriously.

I'm thinking about something Else, not parallel (already testing a few options).

Regards

•••
all business would be done by parking pages

Currently I talks with 3 engineers about the aftermarket models, one transit model would be done without parking pages, served by hub-to-point ads channel.

Regards

•••
Hi

i'd say, i don't sell my names, they sell themselves :)

but the question reversed could be...
how would individuals and businesses to be able to buy our names if no marketplaces?

and one answer might be:
the same way they did when we were all selling names on domain forum. via email and incoming phone calls.

marketplaces just make it easier to facilitate transactions, but without them, the sales wouldn't stop.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
That's stupid, it's like saying: "Forget about stock market exchanges. How are you going to sell your stocks?"

•••
Necessity is the mother of invention.

If there is no aftermarket/marketplace. Then, there must be something to fill the demand & supply gap.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back