Dynadot

information First month in domaining. My experience: 7 sales, sh*t handregs, website built.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dosebuy

Page: Dosebuy.com Twitter: @dosebuyEstablished Member
Impact
Hello!

Ive been in domain for the whole month of July first. Some bullet points. I know I have A LOT to learn! Its been intense. But the community have been awesome!

• Embarrassed by my first week of handregs.
• Sold 7 domains. No higher than $130.
• Said no to a low xxxx.
• Built a website (that is going to be developed more, hence the poll today. Thanks for input).
• Bought and Flipped two LLLL.com
• Sold one name on DomainLore-auction.
• Had Guta.com interested to keep an eye out for buyers of my TheAutoDriver.com. (Extreme longshot)
• Handregged 75 names. Need to try and trim at least half of those.

These are the domains sold (like I said, for next to nothing)

LutQ/ com
xIVF/ com
LibraTra/ de
TokenTra/ de
CryptoTra/ de
Tokentic/ com
Coinslot/ uk

Its been a wild month. Have had vacation so the time has been available. But start my day-job on wednesday. But it was a good ”BootCamp”. Thanks ALL for you help and input!

Best Regards

/Johan

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Such sales in a month of starting, building a website suggests you may have acquired some info before starting. Whichever way, nice one.

•••
Such sales in a month of starting, building a website suggests you may have acquired some info before starting. Whichever way, nice one.

No, I wish I had. Built the website a week into it. Its very simple but you have to start somewhere right?

Best Regards

/JJ

•••
On the 7 names sold what is the total profit margin? If you are happy to share, if not then just let me know 😉

•••
On the 7 names sold what is the total profit margin? If you are happy to share, if not then just let me know 😉

230 in buy and handregs.
420 in Income.

So 190+.
Always something. Not enough to break even yet...to put it mildly.

Some sales was just to learn how to transfer, push and whatnot.

•••
By the time you go through some peoples experience in domain investment, you will understand you started on a good footing.

•••
By the time you go through some peoples experience in domain investment, you will understand you started on a good footing.

😄. Thanks, I hope so. But Sedo-auctions were hurting in the first week. Would not start one of those again without a premium.

•••
Wow! your post is very inspiring to me. I too am in my first month of domain flipping. I was wondering did you sell the other domains via namepros? Thanks for posting your 1st month experience in domaining .

Bravo to you Sir.

Last edited:
•••
Wow! your post is very inspiring to me. I too am in my first month of domain flipping. I was wondering did you sell the other domains via namepros? Thanks for posting your 1st month experience in domaining .

Bravo to you Sir.

Glad to hear youre inspired. I think thats important for us newbies to realise its possible to move forward even though it feels tough sometimes 😁.
I have sold all my domains except Coinslot.uk via Namepros. Coinslot was sold at DomainLore. Thanks for the reply.

•••
Super impressive to have multiple sales and be overall profitable in your first month. Congratulations! Also highly impressed by the number of things you did, like web development.

I think the idea of first selling some at low $$$ before swinging for fences with 4 or more figure sales is a model most should start with.

Best wishes for continued success!

Bob

•••
Super impressive to have multiple sales and be overall profitable in your first month. Congratulations! Also highly impressed by the number of things you did, like web development.

I think the idea of first selling some at low $$$ before swinging for fences with 4 or more figure sales is a model most should start with.

Best wishes for continued success!

Bob

Thank you Bob. I would not say im profitable. Just on those 7 😁.
Ive wasted too much money on auctions and bad handregs. But Im learning as I go.

Really appreciate the kind words from such an experienced domainer!

•••
Great start Johan! Took me 6 months to sell my first domain.

•••
Great start Johan! Took me 6 months to sell my first domain.

Thanks!
It actually just felt good to learn the ropes that early. Like an rookie to get the first goal out of the way 😁

•••
First sale happened on month 4 for me, $$$, BIN, inbound

•••
First sale happened on month 4 for me, $$$, BIN, inbound

Nice, thats awesome though! havent sold anything on inbound yet. Three offers though. But maybe joksters cause they ghost me know!

•••
I am trying to remember exactly, but even if I count after I had them actually listed for sale on a marketplace I think it was 7 months or so for even my first tiny value sale for me (in the old old days I registered domains I liked and then did nothing but sit on them, that was pretty dumb :xf.sick: and before I discovered NPs!:xf.wink:).

Bob

•••
@Dosebuy - I think your choice of getting experience selling and transferring domain names will greatly help you become a better domainer faster. Thanks for sharing your experience and best of luck to you!

•••
I am trying to remember exactly, but even if I count after I had them actually listed for sale on a marketplace I think it was 7 months or so for even my first tiny value sale for me (in the old old days I registered domains I liked and then did nothing but sit on them, that was pretty dumb :xf.sick: and before I discovered NPs!:xf.wink:).

Bob

Interesting! Haha, you must have had some great ideas too just sit on them! ”This carmechanic.com is great, I will start a webpage”. Thanks for post!

•••
Good job for your first month in domaining. After conversing with you, your eagerness to learn shines through.

Good luck to you for the future. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Good job for your first month in domaining. After conversing with you, your eagerness to learn shines through.

Good luck to you for the future. :xf.smile:

Haha, yeah. Thankfully people like you exist. It really makes the learning curve pan out a little!

•••
Thanks for sharing, you picked great strategy selling 4l with Profits. A lot of guys left domaining when they don't get profit.

•••
Thanks for sharing, you picked great strategy selling 4l with Profits. A lot of guys left domaining when they don't get profit.

Thank you!
Yeah, it was one of the really good advices I got early. Invest and re-invest in sure bets...

•••
@Dosebuy - I think your choice of getting experience selling and transferring domain names will greatly help you become a better domainer faster. Thanks for sharing your experience and best of luck to you!

Thanks alot @Kpett! I hope so 😁

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back