Dynadot

information First month in domaining. My experience: 7 sales, sh*t handregs, website built.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dosebuy

Page: Dosebuy.com Twitter: @dosebuyEstablished Member
Impact
Hello!

Ive been in domain for the whole month of July first. Some bullet points. I know I have A LOT to learn! Its been intense. But the community have been awesome!

• Embarrassed by my first week of handregs.
• Sold 7 domains. No higher than $130.
• Said no to a low xxxx.
• Built a website (that is going to be developed more, hence the poll today. Thanks for input).
• Bought and Flipped two LLLL.com
• Sold one name on DomainLore-auction.
• Had Guta.com interested to keep an eye out for buyers of my TheAutoDriver.com. (Extreme longshot)
• Handregged 75 names. Need to try and trim at least half of those.

These are the domains sold (like I said, for next to nothing)

LutQ/ com
xIVF/ com
LibraTra/ de
TokenTra/ de
CryptoTra/ de
Tokentic/ com
Coinslot/ uk

Its been a wild month. Have had vacation so the time has been available. But start my day-job on wednesday. But it was a good ”BootCamp”. Thanks ALL for you help and input!

Best Regards

/Johan

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello!

Ive been in domain for the whole month of July first. Some bullet points. I know I have A LOT to learn! Its been intense. But the community have been awesome!

• Embarrassed by my first week of handregs.
• Sold 7 domains. No higher than $130.
• Said no to a low xxxx.
• Built a website (that is going to be developed more, hence the poll today. Thanks for input).
• Bought and Flipped two LLLL.com
• Sold one name on DomainLore-auction.
• Had Guta.com interested to keep an eye out for buyers of my TheAutoDriver.com. (Extreme longshot)
• Handregged 75 names. Need to try and trim at least half of those.

These are the domains sold (like I said, for next to nothing)

LutQ/ com
xIVF/ com
LibraTra/ de
TokenTra/ de
CryptoTra/ de
Tokentic/ com
Coinslot/ uk

Its been a wild month. Have had vacation so the time has been available. But start my day-job on wednesday. But it was a good ”BootCamp”. Thanks ALL for you help and input!

Best Regards

/Johan

When one of us domainers shares details about our successes and learnings, with others, here in Namepros, we can (and we do) learn more from your experience.

•••
Update:

3.5 months into the game.

Bullet points:

• Sold for $3500

• Renewals is $2600 come July .

• LinkedIn is the biggest venue for me.

• Highest sale is $1200

• Most expensive domain: RainbowHemp.com $399

• cheapest sale: CryptoTra///de $30

Wow. How do you use LinkedIn? Like do you message people? Search for companies? etc

•••
Wow. How do you use LinkedIn? Like do you message people? Search for companies? etc

Hello. Yeah, last month was good less sucess this month 😂.

LinkedIn is good for initial contact. Just add a message with your request. If they answer follow up with a nice message to check their interest. Often have problem with the follow up. But at least I get lots of responses. Much more than via mail.

However, it takes time and sucess rate is low. Will try to perfect my follow up a little 😂. But sold one $1200 and one $800 via LinkedIn though. So its not a complete waste of time 😂

•••
Hello. Yeah, last month was good less sucess this month 😂.

LinkedIn is good for initial contact. Just add a message with your request. If they answer follow up with a nice message to check their interest. Often have problem with the follow up. But at least I get lots of responses. Much more than via mail.

However, it takes time and sucess rate is low. Will try to perfect my follow up a little 😂. But sold one $1200 and one $800 via LinkedIn though. So its not a complete waste of time 😂

That's really nice to hear. It's still is a good start! Maybe partly because the InMail isn't as bombarded with daily mails so it's easier to see when someone sends you a message and professionals are more active there. Btw, do you use LinkedIn Premium? Or do you think a connection request + message using a regular LinkedIn account can also work?

•••
That's really nice to hear. It's still is a good start! Maybe partly because the InMail isn't as bombarded with daily mails so it's easier to see when someone sends you a message and professionals are more active there. Btw, do you use LinkedIn Premium? Or do you think a connection request + message using a regular LinkedIn account can also work?

Hello, I only use request + Message.
Weirdly I have found that more effective!

Often they dont read the attached message so you HAVE to follow up.

•••
Congrats on your successes so far @Dosebuy. I too am of the goatse.cx vintage, also was used as domains to facilitate command and control and data exfil traffic some pretty bad malware back in the day. I'm not sure if I can get over this stigma. Perhaps your future successes will help me see the light.

Do your work bosses know of or say anything about your domaining? That's what's keeping me back for now.

Bona fortuna.

•••
Sounds pretty nice great job and good luck in future.

•••
•••
@Dosebuy I am very happy for you. This is a very impressive start within just one month.
Pls can you share with me some of the important tools you used that helped you to catch up so quickly.

I am a newbie too, I just stumbled on domain business 2 days ago and I want to learn the ropes very fast using tools that will aid me learning process.

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back