IT.COM

information First month in domaining. My experience: 7 sales, sh*t handregs, website built.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dosebuy

Page: Dosebuy.com Twitter: @dosebuyEstablished Member
Impact
Hello!

Ive been in domain for the whole month of July first. Some bullet points. I know I have A LOT to learn! Its been intense. But the community have been awesome!

• Embarrassed by my first week of handregs.
• Sold 7 domains. No higher than $130.
• Said no to a low xxxx.
• Built a website (that is going to be developed more, hence the poll today. Thanks for input).
• Bought and Flipped two LLLL.com
• Sold one name on DomainLore-auction.
• Had Guta.com interested to keep an eye out for buyers of my TheAutoDriver.com. (Extreme longshot)
• Handregged 75 names. Need to try and trim at least half of those.

These are the domains sold (like I said, for next to nothing)

LutQ/ com
xIVF/ com
LibraTra/ de
TokenTra/ de
CryptoTra/ de
Tokentic/ com
Coinslot/ uk

Its been a wild month. Have had vacation so the time has been available. But start my day-job on wednesday. But it was a good ”BootCamp”. Thanks ALL for you help and input!

Best Regards

/Johan

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Super impressive to have multiple sales and be overall profitable in your first month. Congratulations! Also highly impressed by the number of things you did, like web development.

I think the idea of first selling some at low $$$ before swinging for fences with 4 or more figure sales is a model most should start with.

Best wishes for continued success!

Bob

•••
On the 7 names sold what is the total profit margin? If you are happy to share, if not then just let me know 😉

230 in buy and handregs.
420 in Income.

So 190+.
Always something. Not enough to break even yet...to put it mildly.

Some sales was just to learn how to transfer, push and whatnot.

•••
Hello again.

Thought I share how my second and a half month have been going in domaining. If anyone cares and if there are people out there navigating through the jungle in the same way, here goes nothing.

• Havent bought anymore LLLL but started picking up names on Dropcatch. Flipped one name in three hours from a $24 dollar catch to a $100 dollar sale.
• Got 4ir.org on an expired domain. I value that one the highest. If you havent read up on 4ir I understand you think its worthless.
• Been on a .cx domain spending spree registering 18 domains.
• Sold Herbs.cx to Herbs.com for $300 getting the renewals fixed for my .cx.
• Being made fun of on Morgan Lintons blog

https://morganlinton.com/this-guy-is-hand-registering-a-bunch-of-cx-domains/

Having people continue hating on me in the follow up ”Im sorry” post the day after.

https://morganlinton.com/did-i-go-too-far-in-my-blog-post-yesterday-i-think-i-might-have/

• Sold 18 domains in total.

• Own 212 domains.

• Regged alot of shit drunk.

• Regged even more shit sober.

• Got AIVR.io approved on Squadhelp for $7499. After my first submission JoyRod.com was neglected.

• Been having tons of fun on Daryl Lopes telegram chat (pm for link).

Thats about it. Thanks to all you people in especially this site and in the group for showing me the ropes.

Have a good one.

/Dose

•••
@Dosebuy - I think your choice of getting experience selling and transferring domain names will greatly help you become a better domainer faster. Thanks for sharing your experience and best of luck to you!

•••
•••
Making a profit on these 7 is definitely a good sign. So congrats. However, most people here seem to miss the fact that you're still in the red zone due to other purchases. As you put it, after these sales: "Not enough to break even yet...to put it mildly.".

Making a profit on some domains doesn't help when other purchases and future renewals eat up all the income. Naturally after one month it's hard to judge your overall investments. Most early ones will probably be a bust and the rest could be better judged in a year. Either way, improving your strategy as you go along (like you did with the 4L) is a good indication that you could make money from this. Just be careful when you buy and when you renew. Buying right is the most important thing because when you buy right, that's when the future money is made. When you buy wrong (wrong domain or wrong price), you're doomed and may continue to literally continue to pay for the mistakes every year if you decide to renew. Good luck!

•••
Great work Johan,

You are doing better than me on the sales side, I am in my first month too! I think I may just be addicted to collecting domains, I want them all:dead:! luckily my day job can sustain the addiction for the moment. I too am 3-4 weeks in and the only thing that I think I might be getting right is the website. I used www.EFTY.com for the free trial period but like it so much I signed up for the $6 version. Anyway it allowed me to create this www.TheWebBrokers.com I still have more plans to improve it a bit more but I need to shift my focus to sales side for a bit.

I also created some logos took about 5 minutes each well worth it. Now the best thing about the site and Efty is it allows google analytics so I can see how many visits or interest each of my domains gets. I then re arrange the order they appear on my site based on that. I have the site live for about 4-5 days and analytics running for the last 3 days. I can see I have had over 600 unique visitors in those 3 days and 20% of them click on at least one of my domains. I think they do it due to the logos I have made not so much the name. For example www.CatShipping.com seems to be popular. Most of the traffic is accidental due to the domains being redirected there but it is still nice to see which ones are popular and grab peoples attention when they do happen upon my site. I would highly recommend using google analytics and it seems to be free they haven't asked me for money yet!

I am gathering together a list of all the mistakes, tools and tips that I have but until I make some good sales I wont bother sharing it because it would be like the blind leading the blind. I have received some great advice from some of the generous experienced domainers on this site and hopefully I can follow it up with some results. Anyway best of luck!

•••
I have to say, I'm also impressed by your 5-minute logo designs. Do you have like, mad graphic design skills, or is there a "5-minute logo design" tool that I don't know about? ;)

Hey sorry for the late reply, yeah I just use one of the quick logo makers that is online there are loads of them and some give you a free low res version for demo purpose, I then use a couple of handy tools to quickly resize and make them transparent png's if that is what I need to do. It really does take only 5 minutes. I will post full guide when I get a chance. In the mean time the next 2/3 people that PM me their website name I will make the logo for them when I get "5 min" to spare :dead: You wont be able to sell the logo as part of your domain however as the quick logo making sites do not allow that unless you pay but if they really want it I am sure the few extra dollars wont bother them or they can just design their own similar one.

I also have another tool that makes things more efficient I just added it to my site so you all can use it too, maybe you have one already but I had to look for it and did not know it existed. Basically it makes it easy for you to post tables in your Direct messages.

I found at first when I was offering sites for sale it got messy with this tool you basically copy your table directly from excel or whatever spreadsheet tool you use into the tool on my site and then copy the outputted BB code and post it in your message see example below and link to the tool here https://www.thewebbrokers.com/cus/1/easy-table-coder-/

DomainPriceexpiry date
This0-
tool0-
makes 0-
posting0-
tables0-
easy0-
find it on0-
www.TheWebBrokers.com;)-

direct link to table maker here at https://www.thewebbrokers.com/cus/1/easy-table-coder-/

Test sandbox for namepros is here so you can practice

I will post more info on the 5 minute logo's when I get more time

Gluk

phelo1

•••
Such sales in a month of starting, building a website suggests you may have acquired some info before starting. Whichever way, nice one.

•••
By the time you go through some peoples experience in domain investment, you will understand you started on a good footing.

•••
Wow! your post is very inspiring to me. I too am in my first month of domain flipping. I was wondering did you sell the other domains via namepros? Thanks for posting your 1st month experience in domaining .

Bravo to you Sir.

Last edited:
•••
Super impressive to have multiple sales and be overall profitable in your first month. Congratulations! Also highly impressed by the number of things you did, like web development.

I think the idea of first selling some at low $$$ before swinging for fences with 4 or more figure sales is a model most should start with.

Best wishes for continued success!

Bob

Thank you Bob. I would not say im profitable. Just on those 7 😁.
Ive wasted too much money on auctions and bad handregs. But Im learning as I go.

Really appreciate the kind words from such an experienced domainer!

•••
Great start Johan! Took me 6 months to sell my first domain.

•••
First sale happened on month 4 for me, $$$, BIN, inbound

•••
Update:

3.5 months into the game.

Bullet points:

• Sold for $3500

• Renewals is $2600 come July .

• LinkedIn is the biggest venue for me.

• Highest sale is $1200

• Most expensive domain: RainbowHemp.com $399

• cheapest sale: CryptoTra///de $30

•••
Such sales in a month of starting, building a website suggests you may have acquired some info before starting. Whichever way, nice one.

No, I wish I had. Built the website a week into it. Its very simple but you have to start somewhere right?

Best Regards

/JJ

•••
Wow! your post is very inspiring to me. I too am in my first month of domain flipping. I was wondering did you sell the other domains via namepros? Thanks for posting your 1st month experience in domaining .

Bravo to you Sir.

Glad to hear youre inspired. I think thats important for us newbies to realise its possible to move forward even though it feels tough sometimes 😁.
I have sold all my domains except Coinslot.uk via Namepros. Coinslot was sold at DomainLore. Thanks for the reply.

•••
I am trying to remember exactly, but even if I count after I had them actually listed for sale on a marketplace I think it was 7 months or so for even my first tiny value sale for me (in the old old days I registered domains I liked and then did nothing but sit on them, that was pretty dumb :xf.sick: and before I discovered NPs!:xf.wink:).

Bob

•••
Thanks for sharing, you picked great strategy selling 4l with Profits. A lot of guys left domaining when they don't get profit.

Thank you!
Yeah, it was one of the really good advices I got early. Invest and re-invest in sure bets...

•••
I would love to hear your reflections on that. It must be hard, especially in early domain career, to say no to that. Did you have any regrets? Were you torn or sure you should say no? In so many ways your start has really impressed me, and thank you for sharing it in this thread.

It sure was. I have told the story somewhere else in a thread here on Namepros. But it has to do with

• Not knowing enough
• Bad timing
• Hoping

It was a couple of days after I had put up my website. I had handregged the domain TheAutoDriver //com and been in touch with a couple of brokers. Polite responses but no one wanted to broker it because its not Premium. Except for a broker at Guta that asked for a asking price ($25 000) and said that they would like to keep an eye out for a buyer for me. Not like they where gonna push it on their website but enough to have me hoping.

Around the same time (maybe even the same day) I got an inbound offer on low xxxx for this domain. Being high on the broker contact I politly said that Im looking for more and returned with my asking price. We had some more mails back and forth, at first it seemed legit but now its been silent for long. So its probably just someone messing with me.
With the experience I have now three weeks later (LOL) I maybe should have said yes 😂

/Johan

•••
Making a profit on these 7 is definitely a good sign. So congrats. However, most people here seem to miss the fact that you're still in the red zone due to other purchases.

Thanks for your reply! With all you pointed out this for sure is the important one. Alot of people congratulate me on an awesome first month. But im still $800 back and if I break even on new year I consider it a success. I will probably drop 50% of my portfolio by renewal-times. But I will try to see this money as education.

Thanks for a good reply. Really really good points made!

/Johan

•••
nd I have LEAN.cx and a friend on the group have Conference.cx for example.
Wow now that I see it as customer experience those are awesome names. I particularly like lean. Thank you so much for your explanation, so I have now learned something new today! :xf.smile:

Thanks again for the explanation.

Bob

PS Actually it is the second thing I learned in domaining today. Somehow I never learned of this link to quickly find at a glance how many TLDs for any word: https://dotdb.com but learned it in a request thread from @YourBestTrader

•••
By the time you go through some peoples experience in domain investment, you will understand you started on a good footing.

😄. Thanks, I hope so. But Sedo-auctions were hurting in the first week. Would not start one of those again without a premium.

•••
Great start Johan! Took me 6 months to sell my first domain.

Thanks!
It actually just felt good to learn the ropes that early. Like an rookie to get the first goal out of the way 😁

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back