IT.COM

Fastest/Best Software for catching drops and other Qs

NameSilo
Watch

Honey Domains

Established Member
Impact
Hi there, just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent drop catching software out there? And why is it the best? I'm not really bothered about cost, it'll pay for itself soon enough if it is good.

I just about understand the drop process, but really don't want to tie up my time trying to manually catch, when I could have software working for me, while I do somethig else with a more reliable return. I have no problem getting custom software made up if the available options are lacking.

What features/capabilities should it have to be competitive/useful? Or what shouldn't it have? What kind of strain/cost does it put on your ISP bill? I am in a rural area so my internet is not superfast, though we have the fastest plan available locally.

I am grateful for any help, on the forum or privately. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Although such softwares are theoretically possible, practically, how will you get updated data base?

•••
Thanks for your reply. If I was buying a system, wouldn't they have that already wouldn't they? To make setting up a drop catch easier, so you weren't typing it all in? That is what I am asking, what should I be looking for, in software that is not a total waste of time? Is that a must-have feature?

If I was getting something basic made up, likely I would be going through the drop lists manually (Expireddomains.net or Freshdrop), then deciding the ones I want and setting the beastie loose on catching them.

I figured someone must be using some of this software and might have some tips. I have been in internet marketing long enough to know the sales pages will be all hyped up and persuasive, and I'd rather just buy the most effective software I can rather than fall for all that hype.

Last edited:
•••
I am in a rural area so my internet is not superfast, though we have the fastest plan available locally.

:talk:

speed, timing and connections, are the keys to catching.

if you don't have that, no soft will help.

better to plot a strategy for each name you want to acquire, with every "existing" dc.

imo...

•••
That makes sense, thanks Biggie. I guess any domains really worth having, I won't be able to compete on with slow stuff.

•••
There is a member here selling drop catching software. Dont know how good it is, but it might be what you are looking for. Just search the forum for - drop catching software.

•••
I can say that I personally have had pretty good luck using my own software (which is currently for sale in my sig and in the for sale/advertising forum) . Also, a number of other people on this forum have bought it and had luck with it as well. I'll try and get some to come post in here.

Regarding your questions..I'd be happy to give my input on them:
Why is it the best? You have the ability to run multiple registrar API's at the same time. Therefor, firing off more requests each second and increasing your odds of successfully catching the domain.

What features/capabilities should it have to be competitive/useful? As biggie said, it's all about the speed. To be competitive you need to be sending as many requests per second as possible. Also, a scheduling feature is nice because then you can schedule it to run whenever and not even worry about being in front of the computer.

What kind of strain/cost does it put on your ISP bill? The software itself doesn't cause any strain on your ISP. If you're ISP is slow then it may take longer to receive a response to your request, which basically means it will be running slower. But this can be easily avoided. My software runs fine on a Windows VPS and you can purchase one of these for about $8 per month. I even have a blog post about setting up a VPS and running the software from there. This way you're using the data centers internet connection and not your own.

I hope this answers your questions..If you have any other specifics feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm always happy to work with you at getting things setup and answering any kinds of questions you might have. You're on the right track with finding the domains through freshdrop and expireddomains and then using the software to catch them.

•••
•••
I can say that I personally have had pretty good luck using my own software (which is currently for sale in my sig and in the for sale/advertising forum) . Also, a number of other people on this forum have bought it and had luck with it as well. I'll try and get some to come post in here.

Regarding your questions..I'd be happy to give my input on them:
Why is it the best? You have the ability to run multiple registrar API's at the same time. Therefor, firing off more requests each second and increasing your odds of successfully catching the domain.

What features/capabilities should it have to be competitive/useful? As biggie said, it's all about the speed. To be competitive you need to be sending as many requests per second as possible. Also, a scheduling feature is nice because then you can schedule it to run whenever and not even worry about being in front of the computer.

What kind of strain/cost does it put on your ISP bill? The software itself doesn't cause any strain on your ISP. If you're ISP is slow then it may take longer to receive a response to your request, which basically means it will be running slower. But this can be easily avoided. My software runs fine on a Windows VPS and you can purchase one of these for about $8 per month. I even have a blog post about setting up a VPS and running the software from there. This way you're using the data centers internet connection and not your own.

I hope this answers your questions..If you have any other specifics feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm always happy to work with you at getting things setup and answering any kinds of questions you might have. You're on the right track with finding the domains through freshdrop and expireddomains and then using the software to catch them.

I got your program a month back, just haven't got it set up yet. :o I am not that technically inclined, but love the idea of just getting them myself, and not having to go through the time consuming auctions etc!

The API thing looks complicated and I didn't realize there was a cost to those (unlike say the Amazon API), but it is just a matter of knuckling down and studying it, reading and following steps! I should have some time this month now.

The VPS looks like a very good idea as we had been having trouble with our internet speed fluctuating wildly from fast to slow, which is way worse than it staying a constant slower speed that you can get used to. Sounds like we have to downgrade our max speed to get a constant speed as the copper wires just won't take it.

Thanks teamupmedia. It seemed with Dropking when I looked at them, you had to buy a separate program for each registrar you wanted to catch drops with, which made it more expensive.

•••
@Honey Domains - Thanks for replying to this thread and also, thank you for your purchase.

First off, If you need any help getting the software setup or running just shoot me an email or a PM. I'd be happy to walk you through setting up some of the registrars. It really isn't as hard as you think.

While some of the registrars charge for API access, most of the time you aren't really paying for it. Take DynaDot or NameSilo for example, you're "deposit" is really just the funds that are being used to register domains. Think about it, when using the API you're trying to register a domain instantly. You can't do that without the funds to cover the cost of registration. Therefor, you're depositing funds but these are just the funds that will go towards your registrations. If you have Skype let me know and we can chat some more. You'll have the whole drop catching thing down in a day :)

I highly suggest the VPS..For $7 a month you have an IP that will never change and the data centers fast internet connect. You really can't go wrong and it's what I do personally.

Regarding teamupmedia and DropKing..I believe just last month he had his entire operation listed for sale on Flippa (although it didn't sell)..Have a look:
https://flippa.com/2999972-unique-s...-10-000-revenue-last-year-turnkey-opportunity

I've already released two new updates since 2014..If he ends up selling his setup I don't know when you would see another update on his end.

Hope this helps!

•••
Re:

Oh FPF Forum,

That's true, I just mentioned it because its maybe the only one that haven't been mentioned. And just by chance while trying to get iPhone apps once for domaining, I tried there name and popped up. I haven't used it, and I don't think I'll pay $150 for each license too. So no offense.

Btw Are you located in the UK ?

@Honey Domains - Thanks for replying to this thread and also, thank you for your purchase.

First off, If you need any help getting the software setup or running just shoot me an email or a PM. I'd be happy to walk you through setting up some of the registrars. It really isn't as hard as you think.

While some of the registrars charge for API access, most of the time you aren't really paying for it. Take DynaDot or NameSilo for example, you're "deposit" is really just the funds that are being used to register domains. Think about it, when using the API you're trying to register a domain instantly. You can't do that without the funds to cover the cost of registration. Therefor, you're depositing funds but these are just the funds that will go towards your registrations. If you have Skype let me know and we can chat some more. You'll have the whole drop catching thing down in a day :)

I highly suggest the VPS..For $7 a month you have an IP that will never change and the data centers fast internet connect. You really can't go wrong and it's what I do personally.

Regarding teamupmedia and DropKing..I believe just last month he had his entire operation listed for sale on Flippa (although it didn't sell)..Have a look:
https://flippa.com/2999972-unique-s...-10-000-revenue-last-year-turnkey-opportunity

I've already released two new updates since 2014..If he ends up selling his setup I don't know when you would see another update on his end.

Hope this helps!

•••
Hi there, just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent drop catching software out there? And why is it the best? I'm not really bothered about cost, it'll pay for itself soon enough if it is good.

I just about understand the drop process, but really don't want to tie up my time trying to manually catch, when I could have software working for me, while I do somethig else with a more reliable return. I have no problem getting custom software made up if the available options are lacking.

What features/capabilities should it have to be competitive/useful? Or what shouldn't it have? What kind of strain/cost does it put on your ISP bill? I am in a rural area so my internet is not superfast, though we have the fastest plan available locally.

Try the Transcom DDS software, Linux or Windows versions, 1000 lookups a minute or even faster if the registrar allows it. dropcatchsoftware.uk

•••

Hope this helps!
You have any discount for your software? Thanks

•••
•••
•••
I am also looking for a good software dropcatch domains

•••
There is no point, the only domains you will catch are ones that no one else wants.

I'm telling you, it will end up being a waste of time and money.

If a domain has any value it will get picked up by one of the major drop catch sites or end up on the auction platform of the registrar it expired at. And this is coming from someone that has used several drop catching software for many years and caught hundreds of domains.

I don't even bother with it anymore.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back