NameSilo

What is the fastest hand-reg registrar?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JamesBond1337

Established Member
Impact
I do not want to pay a drop-catching service and am pretty confident the domain in pendingDelete I want is not going to be backordered by anyone else.

What is the fastest site i can go through a manual registration with once it drops? So i dont have to go through pages of payment details etc.?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not 100% sure but I'd try with the registrar that it's currently at.

•••
I'm not 100% sure but I'd try with the registrar that it's currently at.
The original registrar is godaddy, and godaddy has a long checkout process with many of pages of bs. But it is in pendingDelete so dont all registrars have same chance??

•••
Yeah I think all registrars should have the same chance.

If you check expireddomains.net you can see what time each TLD drops. This will give you a rough idea on when it should be available and then it's up to you to register it as quickly as possible.

I've had no problems hand registering at godaddy as soon as the domain has dropped.

Best of luck

•••
Well at registrars like namesilo and dynadot, you can add funds in to your account for future purchases. I have found those purchases to be extremely quick. Maybe less than 10 seconds, i would say. You can always try that.

•••
expireddomains.net

im looking at this site but not seeing the drop time for .com?
did you mean day it drops, or down to the hour it drops?

•••
im looking at this site but not seeing the drop time for .com?
did you mean day it drops, or down to the hour it drops?
drop time for .coms is 1 pm -2pm CST.

•••
drop time for .coms is 1 pm -2pm CST.
Do you have any resources or tools you can suggest that would notify me when it is available for registering? Or do i have to sit and refresh the dynadot purchase page for a few hours xD

•••
If you create a free account on expiredomains.net the drop times should be on the home page. There might be some tools that notify you when the domains available, but i'm not aware of any.

•••
Do you have any resources or tools you can suggest that would notify me when it is available for registering? Or do i have to sit and refresh the dynadot purchase page for a few hours xD
yep hit refresh button. Here is what I do, i use the godaddy's, dynadot's and snapnames's bulk availability checker. So i use one first and then few seconds later, i use the other. I have found this method to be effective. Usually, you have to fight for the good names with in the first 10-20 minutes. Therefore, you implement the aforementioned method vigorously for 10-20 minutes.

•••
Here is what I do, i use the godaddy's, dynadot's and snapnames's bulk availability checker. So i use one first and then few seconds later, i use the other.
will do this :D

•••
I have one more question. How do i calculate how much to prepay? Is there any indication of what it will cost to register the domain with Dyndot? Or a safe amount to use.

•••
The original registrar is godaddy, and godaddy has a long checkout process with many of pages of bs. But it is in pendingDelete so dont all registrars have same chance??
I find Godaddy to be fast..takes seconds... unless it's your first time signing up.

•••
I find Godaddy to be fast..takes seconds... unless it's your first time signing up.
Theres like 2 pages of advertising Godaddy services before checkout...

•••
I have one more question. How do i calculate how much to prepay? Is there any indication of what it will cost to register the domain with Dyndot? Or a safe amount to use.

It all depends on how many names you want to reg from that day's drop list. If you plan on reging 5 names, for example, you would need at least 40$ in your account.

Edit: It would proably be $50 for dynadot. BUT PLEASE look for COUPONS first and just dont reg names for the standard reg fees.

Last edited:
•••
It all depends on how many names you want to reg from that day's drop list. If you plan on reging 5 names, for example, you would need at least 40$ in your account.
It's a single domain, .com. I've added 25$ to my Dynadot account but im not sure if thats enough.

•••
[QUOTE="Jman92, post: 5752271, member: 990203"
Edit: It would proably be $50 for dynadot. BUT PLEASE look for COUPONS first and just dont reg names for the standard reg fees.[/QUOTE]
Woah $50 for a single .com that was just deleted?

•••
Dynadot/hexonet have APIs you can use.

Dynadot used to have instant reg page as well I think where if it's available it registers it assuming you have a balance. If you want guarantee you get the name just pay the money. It is my experience that HugeDomains takes a lot of garbage that would surprise you - even names that went the full cycle at GoDaddy.

•••
Theres like 2 pages of advertising Godaddy services before checkout...
That's if you choose continue to checkout..
even then it's two quick clicks...I could go through in 5 seconds..

But try this(log in):

1. find an available domain
  2. click the cart icon in the upper right corner
  3. boom you are at checkout(buy your name and it's over)
I just checked and the continue to cart button takes me directly to checkout too..

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
If you want guarantee you get the name just pay the money.
You are saying I should pay a drop-catch service or to prepay an excess amount on dyna?

•••
•••
That's if you choose continue to checkout..
even then it's two quick clicks...I could go through in 5 seconds..

But try this(log in):

1. find an available domain
  2. click the cart icon in the upper right corner
  3. boom you are at checkout(buy your name and it's over)
I just checked and the continue to cart button takes me directly to checkout too..
I see what you mean now, you are right the "Checkout Now" button takes you right past the ads.

•••
You are saying I should pay a drop-catch service or to prepay an excess amount on dyna?

Yes. If you want the name, pay the $60 / $80 and be happy. If you want the risk then don't be surprised if HugeDomains gets it - they will beat anything you use. If you want the risk? Dynadot is by far the fastest I've found.

•••
Yes. If you want the name, pay the $60 / $80 and be happy. If you want the risk then don't be surprised if HugeDomains gets it - they will beat anything you use. If you want the risk? Dynadot is by far the fastest I've found.

I considered using DropCatch.com, but honestly i question their legitimacy .whats stopping them from putting in a fake bid so it goes to public auction? Ive read horror stories on here about DropCatch.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back