IT.COM

What is the fastest hand-reg registrar?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JamesBond1337

Established Member
Impact
I do not want to pay a drop-catching service and am pretty confident the domain in pendingDelete I want is not going to be backordered by anyone else.

What is the fastest site i can go through a manual registration with once it drops? So i dont have to go through pages of payment details etc.?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I considered using DropCatch.com, but honestly i question their legitimacy .whats stopping them from putting in a fake bid so it goes to public auction? Ive read horror stories on here about DropCatch.
Why only dropcatch, If you want the name real bad, why not backorder on multiple platforms. After all, you are going to pay that money, only to one of those DC services

•••
I considered using DropCatch.com, but honestly i question their legitimacy .whats stopping them from putting in a fake bid so it goes to public auction? Ive read horror stories on here about DropCatch.

Most horror stories are bs from people that are just disgruntled or unsatisfied with life for some reason. My favorite domain was a backorder at DropCatch that didn't go to backorder :) It's not overly valuable but it's one that I really really really really wanted. Same would be true of Snap/Pheenix as well.

Dynadot has a cheaper dropcatch but you might beat that by hand :)

•••
Why only dropcatch, If you want the name real bad, why not backorder on multiple platforms. After all, you are going to pay that money, only to one of those DC services
I just dont trust these websites...this is my first time attempting to register a dropped domain and I cant help but feel like theyre going to end up screwing me with an auction somehow.

•••
Most horror stories are bs from people that are just disgruntled or unsatisfied with life for some reason. My favorite domain was a backorder at DropCatch that didn't go to backorder :) It's not overly valuable but it's one that I really really really really wanted. Same would be true of Snap/Pheenix as well.

Dynadot has a cheaper dropcatch but you might beat that by hand :)
What do you mean it didnt go to backorder? Someone hand registered it?

•••
You can use Pheenix to backorder the domain. Their standart price is about $25 and also have a supersaver price at $15. Useful if you are sure that no one else will backorder the domain and you don't have to worry about exact drop times.

•••
Thank you everyone for the suggestions, really liking this forum :D

•••
There is an express check out option at godaddy

•••
If you already dropped money at Dynadot, take a look at their api. Get yourself an api key, edit the URL string for the domain you want. Then find you some macro(maybe a browser extension?) that will refresh the page repeatedly. If your sure it's a domain nobody else would backorder, it would definitely beat anyone else that might manually try to register it.

Or, you could write a php script to do basically the same thing. Otherwise, it's going to cost you more than reg fee...

•••
If you already dropped money at Dynadot, take a look at their api. Get yourself an api key, edit the URL string for the domain you want. Then find you some macro(maybe a browser extension?) that will refresh the page repeatedly. If your sure it's a domain nobody else would backorder, it would definitely beat anyone else that might manually try to register it.

Or, you could write a php script to do basically the same thing. Otherwise, it's going to cost you more than reg fee...
Great idea.

•••
I used the Dynadot API in the past with some success. It's obviously faster than manually handregging a domain but in the end the API is useless against (decent) dropcatching services. If the domain you want is of good quality then chances are it will be backordered on a lot of backorder services such as dynadot, pheenix, namejet, snapname, dropcatch.com,... and unless you place a backorder yourself (preferably on multiple platforms) you won't have a chance to get it.

Last edited:
•••
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ex...ng-software-for-domainers-seo-experts.781717/

•••
I do not want to pay a drop-catching service and am pretty confident the domain in pendingDelete I want is not going to be backordered by anyone else.
What is the fastest site i can go through a manual registration with once it drops? So i dont have to go through pages of payment details etc.?

Enom.com offers one-click checkout using bulk tools option. You can add to cart or choose "Instant Purchase". Multiple domains at one time. They are running a rare $4.98 .com promo valid until end of this month.

Last edited:
•••
Enom is no good for registering dropped names though... even hours afters it's dropped and free to register, it will say that it's unavailable; at least my experience.

•••
Well at registrars like namesilo and dynadot, you can add funds in to your account for future purchases. I have found those purchases to be extremely quick. Maybe less than 10 seconds, i would say. You can always try that.

Agree with Jman. Add funds to your account. I use Godaddy. Have worked for me. I think Namesilo and Alpnames would work too.

•••
What do you mean it didnt go to backorder? Someone hand registered it?
*Didn't go to auction. Sorry it was late my time - point it that I got it dropcatch outright :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
Namebright and Namesilo are the fastest, imo

•••
•••

Dynadot is the fastest if you use their API. (You can use the API manually with the URL with your browser - just hit refresh)

•••
•••
Dynadot is the fastest if you use their API. (You can use the API manually with the URL with your browser - just hit refresh)
do you know if its possible to get private WHOIS from dynadot api call? i dont see anything about it

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back