Dynadot

status-resolved External Auction Threads Not Showing In New Posts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They currently show up in many places (Overview, New Replies, Activity, etc.), but they no longer show up under New Posts due to the increasing quantity of posts on NamePros, which have more than doubled since last year.

New posts is slowly shifting to highlight discussion posts rather than tons of free promotional posts. If anyone is interested in additional exposure for their ads, they may reach out to our advertising team.

Thanks.

•••
So new posts don't show all the posts anymore. People didn't like that when FB did stuff like that. The Overview is out of order, the Activity shows stuff like somebody liked some post, don't care about that.

"New posts is slowly shifting to highlight discussion posts rather than tons of free promotional posts."

Couldn't you just let the New Posts be, for people like me that don't want to miss anything, have things filtered.

For those that do, give them some new link or use those other options. But there should be 1 link to see it all. I shouldn't have whole sections filtered out.

"If anyone is interested in additional exposure for their ads, they may reach out to our advertising team."

I thought that's what me (and many others) paying for a Business Account would do, instead you have a section that's not even showing up as it once did. That's less exposure. So I've been hitting new posts and not seeing any External Auction threads. One of the things a Business Account gives, is the thread to be highlighted, which is useless if those threads are filtered out.

Last edited:
•••
That's very different. Most people probably wouldn't mind if Facebook showed them less promotional posts. However, those posts still show up on your own news feed if you follow anyone posting there.

But there should be 1 link to see it all. I shouldn't have whole sections filtered out.
Let's look at New Posts right now, with it excluding free promotional posts: there are still so many posts that I can only scroll back to 5 hours ago. The site is also slower in the evening and on weekends, which means that number will be even smaller during the day early next week.

In other words, if I don't click New Posts every few hours, I will have missed tons of content because of the sheer volume of new posts. That time frame is going to continue to become smaller given the continued increase in new posts per day.

Removing the content that very few care to see so that the majority have a better chance of seeing things that will more likely interest them is a logical option.

One of the things a Business Account gives, is the thread to be highlighted, which is useless if those threads are filtered out.
Highlighted threads have never applied to New Posts. That is a forum-specific feature.

•••
I understand the issue of all the posts you're getting now, however:

Showing results 1 to 25 of 200 - why is that limited to 200? Couldn't you stretch that out?

Also, domaining, buy and sell domains, main components.

So between External Auctions and something like Networking - Meet and Greet. Why not filter the Meet and Greet instead of threads where people are trying to sell their domains? I just didn't understand that part, of all the things to filter out completely. Is that section considered part of the 6 active marketplace listings for Business Accounts?

eh, nevermind. I just hit the Watch Forum link, at least I'll get alert. Just most members won't do this.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
It actually does help sales: it provides the sales on NamePros with more exposure as a result. ;)

Unfortunately, that means less help for other marketplaces, but we do have paid advertising options if anyone wants help promoting sales at external marketplaces.

Hope that helps,

It means less help for domainers selling at those places. If you polled it, I'm sure most here would want to see it back like you had it in the past. If you want more exposure, strip out Break Room, word game stuff, etc. Those marketplaces don't really need help. I understand it's more for Namepros. You don't have an auction setup like the other marketplaces do, even tho it's been posted about in the what would you like to see here threads. I think it would be cool myself, but understand this is more of a forum. Don't know if you have the tech people/resources here to do it. I imagine it would be a pretty big undertaking.

The advertising options you're talking about, is it this page? - https://www.namepros.com/forums/advertising-on-namepros.186/

It's blank (There is no content to display.) so email to get options? Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back