NameSilo

Expiring .pics domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jon617

Impact
I found an expired domain ending in .pics that I want to register/buy/bid on, but cannot figure out how. All registrars show the domain as "taken" but whois shows its expiration date was 6 months ago.

Anyone know how .pics domains expire and become available to register?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some registrars can hold the domain upwards of a year ... they also might end up keeping it for themselves if they like it. Your best bet would be to contact the registrar and ask them specifically for their policy regarding expiring .pics (although there's a good chance the person you talk to won't even know themselves .. lol .. happens a lot at a lot of registries for the smaller TLD's ...

Good luck getting it! :)

•••
•••
The .pics domain I was watching just released today, and I grabbed it! It released to the public about 7 months after the expiration date passed. Not sure if it was a manual deletion by the registrar or if 7 months was an automatic deletion, but thought I'd share for others looking to grab an expired .pics domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back