NameSilo

Why is my domain set to these two status codes @GoDaddy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MariaEl

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone, and @GoDaddy :

One of my domains with @GoDaddy was expiring today. I had enabled automatic renewal for it, but since sometimes my default payment fails, I checked and saw it was still not renewed. I proceeded to renew it manually. GoDaddy's site was reportedly experiencing technical issues, so payment took a (short) while longer than usual.

Eventually, I succeeded, got my receipt, all confirmed ok (payment and renewal status on my dashboard, confirmation email as regularly). But then I checked on ICANN Lookup Tool, and found domain was updated normally at my renewal's completion time, expiration date is correct (June 14, 2025), and it's set to every "normal" status PLUS:

clientRenewProhibited
renewPeriod

Upon reading ICANN's description of these status codes, I understand my domain appears as renewed by my Registrar (GoDaddy), not by myself. This is not correct. I did pay and renew my domain as per the standard procedure. I have my receipt and GoDaddy's confirmation email.

I have already checked on ICANN Lookup three times since, thinking that perhaps status would be updated automatically. It's still unchanged so far.

Should I be worried or in a hurry to spend on an international phone call to Support?

I would appreciate some advice, if anyone has experienced a similar situation. Thank you in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello everyone, and @GoDaddy :

One of my domains with @GoDaddy was expiring today. I had enabled automatic renewal for it, but since sometimes my default payment fails, I checked and saw it was still not renewed. I proceeded to renew it manually. GoDaddy's site was reportedly experiencing technical issues, so payment took a (short) while longer than usual.

Eventually, I succeeded, got my receipt, all confirmed ok (payment and renewal status on my dashboard, confirmation email as regularly). But then I checked on ICANN Lookup Tool, and found domain was updated normally at my renewal's completion time, expiration date is correct (June 14, 2025), and it's set to every "normal" status PLUS:

clientRenewProhibited
renewPeriod

Upon reading ICANN's description of these status codes, I understand my domain appears as renewed by my Registrar (GoDaddy), not by myself. This is not correct. I did pay and renew my domain as per the standard procedure. I have my receipt and GoDaddy's confirmation email.

I have already checked on ICANN Lookup three times since, thinking that perhaps status would be updated automatically. It's still unchanged so far.

Should I be worried or in a hurry to spend on an international phone call to Support?

I would appreciate some advice, if anyone has experienced a similar situation. Thank you in advance!
Hi @MariaEl
Without knowing the domain or specific circumstances, it sounds like the renewal went through just fine, but we'd recommend reaching out to the GoDaddy support team to confirm things.

GoDaddy has support options available through these local numbers: https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us

Hope that helps!

•••
Hi @MariaEl
Without knowing the domain or specific circumstances, it sounds like the renewal went through just fine, but we'd recommend reaching out to the GoDaddy support team to confirm things.

GoDaddy has support options available through these local numbers: https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us

Hope that helps!
Hi @GoDaddy , thank you very much for your fast and kind reply! I shall do as you advise me.

I appreciate your having included the link to your Global support numbers. My country isn't listed, though (two big neighbors are, but don't worry, it happens all the time to us citizens of a small beautiful nation :|).

Best regards

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back