IT.COM

Expected future of 4LLLL .com domains.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omerlevinson

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I see the market and it seems that prices go down. What do you think the future of these domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do yourselves a favor and stop playing the chip-flip reseller game.

Play the end user game, much more lucrative.

Look at what Chinese end users are paying and beware a market propped up by domainers.

i don't think it has a bright future

Chip domains have end users.. all 4L.com domains have end users.. it's up to you sell whether to end user or to your fellow domainers. It's obvious that short domains have liquid value because of limited number of combinations.
And future is bright because of all internet assets have bright future, and also liquids will always be attractive and there is more players joining to the game everyday.

•••
I think the domain industry will only expand.

•••
you think that the prices now are in the bottom?

•••
thanks, really apriciate your opinions.
others?

•••
exactly.
And much like eg stock markets you have that "average down" effect working for your portfolio.

•••
just as with the stock markets etc -

a could looking at the closing price today and all the stats available today and all the graphs available but could they say todays closing price is the last time stocks or footsie reached this price? no because the footsie could increase further tomorrow and same with recession noone knowd exactly when we start to cone out of a recession until people look at past data showing the figures when we came out of a recession but not during it

buying during a recession is the best time to buy stocks - i reckon purely an opinion.tho as usually they wont get that low until the next recession lol

but back to LLLL.com s etc it would be good if someone could compile graphs showing the price fluctuation of LLL.com s LL.coms and LLLL.coms etc

as a quick visual glance at the state of the domain name industry would be good via statisical graphs

•••
How did you get 4L's for $30 months ago, they have actually come down off their highs of 2015/2016
Answered below.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, that makes sense, towards the end of summer things really started heating up, around September 4L chips were getting well above $1K in floor pricing.

Prices I posted are for non chips tough.

•••
but actually, there is no end user for the non chips domains? its just a game of resellers ?
cause if it isn't brandable why this domain so high?

•••
•••
These domains are not of that high value now . 4llll. Com can be something in future but not now

•••
Talk to the "old guys", 4 L has left a bad taste in our mouths. There is still some money to be made in them, but like all domain names...be careful

•••
Talk to the "old guys", 4 L has left a bad taste in our mouths. There is still some money to be made in them, but like all domain names...be careful

4L is hot right now, but may not be same price in few months. What shoots up easy can also fall down easy.

But again, 4L seems safe bet if you consider the alternatives. People choose .com over other gtlds, in the same way, people choose 4L over other longer names. just my 2 cents

•••
Hi there. All depend on how will evolve certain markets. Surely I would not spend too much for 4LLLL. A domainer cannot risk to spend too much if is not secure to resell good!

•••
Prices are fluctuating, so some investors are selling slowly

•••
They are high because they are traded like a commodity in relation to chips which are running maybe $1400 on average now. Since there is a finite number of 460,000 or so, and 160,000 chips, they trade them on scarcity.

It is a crapshoot really, I see a listing here on the forum that has been up for 4 days, at a BIN of $195, lots of V, but no takers. It is almost like playing hot potato, until you have a better name to play.

Many of the names I have held for years, without any traffic, or inquiries, I have sold, it is not hard to work thru the letters, and figure out not much can be made of most.

But each domain is different, and you have to figure it out for yourself.

True but eventually, in liquidity, even a,e,i,o,u, and v's sell. Heck even many fours.

•••
It seems it is going up now again...

•••
•••
Value plateau'd over past couple weeks and now... declining, imho...

•••
I sense collusion to help drive down prices. Worthless b.s. and hearsay without real examples to back it up. I checked shortnames.com last night and see no substantial change over the past few weeks.

The burden of proof is on the naysayers.

By the way, one or two members selling crap random 4L for +/- $200 does not reflect the aftermarket.
Check marketplaces. ebay, nj, gd.... tell me what you see.

•••
Also, do you think 4L chips are still rising? Show me where. Prove me wrong.

•••
Also, do you think 4L chips are still rising? Show me where. Prove me wrong.
No, they're not rising. And I never said they were, man! But they are holding fairly steady.

By the way, eBay is no measure either. A few weeks ago I saw a chip sell for around $900 while the overall floor was about $1200.

•••
Yeah. That was a strong word. Obviously it's all opinion and speculation, but I am in the business to make money, not gamble. So I will stick to single and two word generics to be safe. The llll market has always been pretty weak with its rollercoaster values.

•••
Look at the llll auctions. Barely breaking $200

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back