Dynadot

Examiner.com gets renewed will GoDaddy ever fix their auctions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Well it looks like Examiner.com got renewed, the auction was over $131,000 and earlier today the name got renewed. While typing in Examiner.com I get a security warning. Whois updated Registrant Name: Domain Manager Registrant Organization: Axs Digital Media Group, LLC Registrant Address: Co, US Creation Date: September 13, 1994 Update Date: October 30, 2019 […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
maybe that’s why examiner.com was able to be redeemed with many bids active, threat of legal action, and if they prevailed it would set a precedent.

I have been told first hand on day 24 when my name was in auction with bid, and I was willing to pay the $90 redemption fee it was not possible because this one pesky bid. I had to pay a few hundred to win it back in auction.

I see many people here saying once a domain has a bid in auction it can’t be redeemed which is what I have seen first hand, but some people are making the days remaining argument, so I have no idea what the rules really are.

It seems as domains get more popular the rules get harder for the registrants to reclaim their domains.

As stub mentioned that day 43 which nobody really talks about.

I am saying it wwwweb because it's what Paul Nicks said, that's why I am saying that.

•••
So not sure what the rules are at GoDaddy. I just transferred into Epik Clipville.com. Expired 9/27.

24/7 Support: +1 (480) 505-8877

Raymond Hackney —

We successfully completed your domain transfer.

The following domains have been moved from GoDaddy to another registrar:

clipville.com

If you have any other questions, call our support team at +1 (480) 505-8877.

Nothing special did not call anyone, just transferred it at Epik was done in 10 minutes.

But you had to have unlocked the name, even if you had downloaded all the auth codes beforehand.

So, the access is still required. I assume he might not have given the login/password, as they wouldn't need GD for access in that scenario (unless 2FA and phone not retained)

•••
•••
@equity78 This is high time GD brings some transparency by showing bidder aliases..This bidder10 and bidder 24 will not work anymore.As far as we are concerned, going forward, we will stop bidding on questionable domains ..GD did not make any money here (except the reg fees) but earned big time in terms on negative marketing.

Last edited:
•••
@tonyk2000 : email address domains@claritydg(dot)com does not resolve so we are assuming gentleman from Tennessee was scared to approach GD for renewal after seeing so much action in Namepros :xf.grin::xf.grin:..And also,@equity78 confirmed that it is genuine renewal.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Well it looks like Examiner.com got renewed, the auction was over $131,000 and earlier today the name got renewed. While typing in Examiner.com I get a security warning. Whois updated Registrant Name: Domain Manager Registrant Organization: Axs Digital Media Group, LLC Registrant Address: Co, US Creation Date: September 13, 1994 Update Date: October 30, 2019 […]

Continue Reading
There should be some solution, after all these years, to this age old problem. Probably the domain owner who renewed later or the registrar like Godaddy, should provide a basic compensation to the highest bidder....just thinking. Because for the buyer/bidder, all efforts and anticipation goes in vain once the domain is renewed at the end.

•••
There should be some solution, after all these years, to this age old problem. Probably the domain owner who renewed later or the registrar like Godaddy, should provide a basic compensation to the highest bidder....just thinking. Because for the buyer/bidder, all efforts and anticipation goes in vain once the domain is renewed at the end.
What money would a bidder be out before an auction is over, or any funds are transferred, auctions are always about risk. The 2-3 day window godaddy requires more I have been told in the past is for second, or third chance offers to close.

Last edited:
•••
What money would a bidder be out before an auction is over, or any funds are transferred, auctions are always about risk. The 2-3 day window godaddy requires more I have been told in the past is for second, or third chance offers to close.
Well its not always about the money part. Think as a bidder when you are bidding at a domain for more than $5000, you are keeping your eyes on the auction, you have at the back of your mind that much money must be kept away for this particular auction. In the meantime, you might not bid at other good domains while you are waiting for this first auction. So if the seller renews, your other domains, which you might have won, are lost too. Thats why I mentioned, "efforts" apart from the financial part.

•••
You make some good points, I think if we really come down to it, GoDaddy is basically saying without saying (because they can't for pr purposes) We know you are going to show up daily for our inventory no matter how much all you domain investors complain. We run this place and it's our way or the highway. I remember years ago talking to someone at Verisign about .tv and the complaints of .tv investors, the person said, "Understood Raymond, please don't take this personally but we don't care what domain investors think." Now that was 12 years ago but I believe a lot of those sentiments exist at the big shops.

Thank you.

That person from Verisign sounds really rude from this statement. If a Domain Registrar doesn't care about what domain investors think, I am sure one day the domain investors will also not care about that registrar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back