Domain Empire

opinion Every fool can sell a domain name (I sold artshop.io)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

siyavuya

Established Member
Impact
If you ask me how I did it? The answer is I have no idea.
Most people here pointed out that artshop.io is a rubbish domain and I found myself in tears crying.
I didn't want anything to do with it. I wanted it gone.

But, guess what
It gave me my first sell. Now I absolutely love it because it proves to me that it can be done.
I can actually buy and sell domain names.

If I can do it I believe that each and every person can too.

To all the people who shared words of encouragement I really appreciate it.

I know it's going to be a long journey but I know that it's going to be worth it.
The hardest sell to make is always the first one.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My areas of competence is driving paid traffic and conversions through funnels
Like I stated earlier I have to identify at least 100 people who might benefit from having what ever site I'm building before I even start with it. I believe the odds of selling those site will be better than just a domain. I'm a newbie the chances of being wrong are high.

Then your plan to sell websites instead of domains might be a good idea after all.

•••
Then your plan to sell websites instead of domains might be a good idea after all.
Thank you. I want to build value in the sites and it should make it easier than a domain sell.

•••
I really know you were dead serious. But it feels you were sarcastic. And if I assume it was sarcastic, it would have been a pretty good sarcastic comment.

On a serious note, IMHO new or experienced, sale or no sale, profit or loss, I don't think I would offer to change a title because someone is saying so. My opinion.

BTW I really like the "I want to learn" attitude. You are taking everything in good stride. As @gilescoley and a lot of others have pointed out, YOU HAD A SALE. I think you deserve to jump about it again now.

Still waiting for my first sale......:yawn:

Cheers
I hope your first sale is at a profit. I hope to see a post from you stating that you got a sale. All the best

•••
Well Done ! Congratulation

•••
Congratulations on the first step. I sold my first step just a few months ago, but that doesn't mean I'm making a profit, but I'm enjoying the process. If you are interested in.io please let me know, because I have a lot of very meaningful.io domain names.

•••
Moving forward I plan to play this domain game at the highest level only.

These are the things I'm going to make sure I can deliver on before buying any domain
1. Build a site that can be monetized

So what are you going to do, build websites for 250 domains or so?
I would focus more on the domains themselves and how you will get them to an end user as opposed to trying to monetize them. The time spent building websites that will probably fail would be better spent hunting for viable domains at auction. Build a network of people you can trust and buy and sell what you see actually selling to end users.

•••
So what are you going to do, build websites for 250 domains or so?
I would focus more on the domains themselves and how you will get them to an end user as opposed to trying to monetize them. The time spent building websites that will probably fail would be better spent hunting for viable domains at auction. Build a network of people you can trust and buy and sell what you see actually selling to end users.

Would you mind sharing with us how many websites you have developed and the win/loss ratio?

•••
For your first time domain the idea wasn't that bad.
I'm sure most of us have registered much worse in the beginning.
Stay with .com until you learn.

•••
Would you mind sharing with us how many websites you have developed and the win/loss ratio?

I don't develop websites, I develop and run businesses. Coincidentally I just posted to my friends that I sold one of mine the other day. It included a viable online store, with consistent sales, and a new set of matching domains with a .ca and .com combo for a re-launch.

It was the biggest deal I ever had and closed yesterday after many months of negotiations.

To stay on topic though....

Websites and domains are two different things and the decision of how to proceed should be weighed carefully because a mock website looks a bit desperate if its not actually running a viable business.

Last edited:
•••
So there you have it @siyavuya and everyone reading.

You have @frank-germany a two year newb which after a year of having namepros countless resources on "How to close a sale" failing to do so by using a kindergarten crayon method and spammy payment links.
Yet he places you on his "Ignore" list because you accomplished what he couldn't within a month.

Then we have @MapleDots who admits he doesn't build websites suggesting you would most likely fail at something he never even tried.

All I need in this thread now is a priest and a donkey and I have my next sitcom script.

F.Y.I to all...
A ready set website takes under two hours to create and if that "ONE" website makes $15 you paid for your next renewal and would never have to drop a domain.

masses.png

•••
Then we have @MapleDots who admits he doesn't build websites suggesting you would most likely fail at something he never even tried.

I have built lots of websites, but they actually run real businesses and are not template mockups.

Ask Rick Schwartz how many websites he makes for his domains... in fact ask most successful domainers how many websites they launch for the domains.

Unsuccessful people have a lot of time to waste and building websites that don't make money is a good way to do it. Selling a viable business has better odds of making real money.

You are correct though..... following the masses is silly and right now a lot of people are building useless websites that will never sell when they should be focusing on selling domains.

Last edited:
•••
•••
My very first enduser sale was for $600 with my local ccTLD .com.ua and after 15 months since I started my domaining...

•••
•••
Yes, .com.ua is primary TLD in Ukraine.
Top level .UA is open for TM-holders only.

•••
So there you have it @siyavuya and everyone reading.

You have @frank-germany a two year newb which after a year of having namepros countless resources on "How to close a sale" failing to do so by using a kindergarten crayon method and spammy payment links.
Yet he places you on his "Ignore" list because you accomplished what he couldn't within a month.

All I need in this thread now is a priest and a donkey and I have my next sitcom script.

F.Y.I to all...
A ready set website takes under two hours to create and if that "ONE" website makes $15 you paid for your next renewal and would never have to drop a domain.

Show attachment 111632

welcome back Draco
..no "Sir" from my end..

-had successfully forgotten about you -

•••
Congrates on your first sale

•••
@siyavuya If I were on your shoes, I wouldn't sell that name too early just because 'some' people said its not a great name(read extension). Don't panic. Value of a domain can be very subjective. You never know when that 'right' buyer comes across your name and make a generous offer.

HODL time is key with domaining; the more you can HODL, the more mature domainer you're. sort of. :xf.wink:

But again, congrats on your sale!

•••
I don't develop websites.

I have built lots of websites

Can you please makeup your mind?

welcome back Draco
..no "Sir" from my end..

-had successfully forgotten about you -

Perhaps the ONLY success you had in the 2 years on namepros. Congrats!
One can merely check your profile see the garbage threads/Post you have bestowed upon us proven the leech that you are.
But at least the mule showed up in this story.

Today's keyword is "Credentials" everyone, ask for them before proceeding.

•••
•••
Can you please makeup your mind?

Perhaps the ONLY success you had in the 2 years on namepros. Congrats!
One can merely check your profile see the garbage threads/Post you have bestowed upon us proven the leech that you are.
But at least the mule showed up in this story.

Today's keyword is "Credentials" everyone, ask for them before proceeding.

my ignore list is growing

•••
You guys are being harsh. I think we need to hear not just the success stories but the fails too. They have educative value.
Domainers prefer to focus on the sales and magnify them, but they are reluctant to talk about their failures and their loss-making domains. That is, the more representative side of their activity...

The lesson in this thread is that domaining, like any other business, is also about cutting losses. Losses are inevitable, what is important is that they be offset by sales.

•••
@Eric Lyon @Amanda can one of you help out the lady who started this thread? She wants to change the title and cannot do that.

•••
I have been doing this a long time and seen and heard a lot of stories and kept track of a lot of stories.

Ideally I believe if you own average to below average names, your time would be better off trying to find a topic you have passion for, experience with, and above average knowledge or expertise, and build a business.

But many have walked down the path of regging a name, and when someone says, "that's not a great name" they get the reply "Oh well maybe I will develop it"

What do you know about the topic, add to that you own 300 domains in 200 different niches, what do you know about those 200 topics? Do you have the ability and resources to manage all this?

I can say 99.9% of those who said they were going to be developing all their names, have never followed through. Most have never developed one.

I do agree with @SirDrago that you can make a website quick and be creative and find a way to monetize it to cover reg fees. You just need to be a very detail oriented person that is going to be dedicated to that task.

Some companies worked hard to try to help domainers with this, WhyPark now it's why doesn't that domain resolve? Noomle that site now will give you a great recap of your favorite soap opera.

If you want to sell domain names, learn how to sell domain names and learn how to buy the right domain names.

If you want to develop websites, make your first one a proof of concept, nurture it, give it the time it needs and see if you can make it happen.

Last edited:
•••
whypark never added anything to a domain
although it looked like a great idea

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back