Dynadot

Ever lost a domain and bought it back again

Located in General Domain Discussion started by jamesall, Jul 10, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. jamesall

jamesall Established Member

I made up a new adjective. Motorish.com

Like kittenish which means catlike, motorish means anything motorlike. Cars, MCs, RV's, Jetskis, snowscooters, planes etc.

I was tired when I was renewing my invented domain name and paid the bill excl. tax. Unfortunately my web hotel didn't good software to alert me or just renew it and then bill me for the remining 13 Swedish kronor. So I lost it.

I bought it back for $1,895 and moved most of my good domains to my own domain reseller account, which a good friend gave me upon his retirement with a $300 balance.

I just want to know if anyone else has similar nightmares.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. creataweb

creataweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I've bought names back that were dropped eventually by others (basically I reg'd the name then it dropped and someone else bought it then dropped it and I reg'd it again.)

I've purchased at least 1 from someone else that I used to own and wanted back.

I've also had someone give me a name back that I dropped once.

3. Max1000

Max1000 Upgraded Member Blue Account

Yep! Done that - several times!

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent VIP

i've never accidentally lost one.

I have let a few drop that I had second thoughts about, but someone had picked them up in the meantime when I went to see if I could get them again. One of which I have hopes of getting back any day now (won't share name for obvious reasons, even though most people on here are so nice, as it is currently listed as a pending delete).

5. jamesall

I also dropped a few that I didn't think I should renew but luckily they were available again a few months later.

6. jamesall

Wow. That would have to be my wife for that to happen to me.

7. Satyajit Adhikary

Satyajit Adhikary SatyajitAdhikary.com Gold Account VIP

If your dropped domains were not picked up by anyone even after few months, then they were not worth anything probably..!!

8. jamesall

I thought they weren't worth anything but it depends totally on the customer requirements you get as a developer. Not all domain names are used for FE services.

9. DnEbook

DnEbook DataGlasses.Com ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes and it was a mistake

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!