Dynadot

Escrow.com not approved buyers payment pending 4 days and poor support

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
escrow.com not approving buyers payment and support has no proper answer , they asking verfication, if i contact buyer he says he dint get any mail for verification or he has no options to do anything further in escrow...am sure they gonna screw my deal

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nothing new. See the other million threads about the same thing :cigar:

•••
yeah.. time to move away from escrow.com and onto bigger better things.
there are options around now.

•••
•••
•••
Obv this is the last time ..So this transaction...?

•••
Please reach out to @Jackson Elsegood he may help you but escrow.com has poor customer support and they may not even responding to mails.

•••
how to cancel the transaction?

•••
If the guys at Escrow don't assist you might be SOL. How to cancel? I am not sure tbh...because I don't use Escrow.com anymore.

•••
Same here, its been more than 5 calendar days and they still havent approved the payment. Buyer paid by Paypal on the 20th. Its a middle XXXX sale and this hasnt happened to me before, normally it takes few hours or 1 day at max. I am affraid that buyer will back off because of all the humiliation (bank and other documents), as they are a legitimate Business.

Last edited:
•••
Today is almost a week and the Things still havent moved fwd (please wait for us to secure payment). Till this Transaction everything went smoothly with Escrow but I think I will not use it anymore. Will check in the next days how Payoneer Escrow works and switch to them.

•••
I asked Escrow to cancel a transaction the buyer did not follow thru from Dec 2015, and they said the middle party via godaddy has to, I sold the domain sometime in 2017, and don't even own it, and they still don't.

After a few times with support, I just gave up. When the domain owner can't cancel a dead transaction after 2 years, something is wrong.

•••
They just called me and appologized for the delay, offered if there is anything they can do for me to feel better and the issue is resolved now.

•••
I find it best to use 'chat' to progress the transaction if required.

•••
I was given the email of Mauli Fry by @namefork....:)

•••
I've just pulled up about 20 emails addresses from escrow. ;)

•••
They just called me and appologized for the delay, offered if there is anything they can do for me to feel better and the issue is resolved now.
The main concern is what is the reason, services were supposed to improve, although a hug, and a edible arrangement may help.

•••
I've had 30 smallish transactions fall apart this year because of the untenable request for buyer verification.
And most of the people seeming upstanding. They simply are on the go, 4 hour work week types. So they don't have ids that match their addresses. And others simply don't want to send in all their info when identity theft is made easy to anyone with access to those docs.
It seems that unless one bugs Jackson directly, nothing gets done.
It was never an issue when Brandon owned Escrow!

•••
dn.com the best to use always is my thought

•••
UPDATE: After all the apologies yesterday from the ESCROW.com side, they even suggested that the General Manager will call me and after the call from Brian ensuring me that the funds are secured and I will get email that the funds are secured in 2 hours, THE EMAIL STILL HASNT ARRIVED.

Last edited:
•••
They used to be good, so what's the problem ? Are they understaffed ? Outsourced offshore ?

•••
Uniregistry told me Escrow claimed a bunch of documents from the buyer and his bank and later on I was told, that the buyer is actually a regular customer of Uniregistry, which could also be the reason he didnt backed off from the Transaction... I believe treating your regular customers as poetntial criminals is not a sustainable Business practice imo...

•••
Uniregistry told me Escrow claimed a bunch of documents from the buyer and his bank and later on I was told, that the buyer is actually a regular customer of Uniregistry, which could also be the reason he didnt backed off from the Transaction... I believe treating your regular customers as poetntial criminals is not a sustainable Business practice imo...
Why didn't you just use uniregistry market?

•••
I will, I am just stuck at domainnamesales since I prefer their simplicity, but yeah I should Switch.

•••
I will, I am just stuck at domainnamesales since I prefer their simplicity, but yeah I should Switch.
DomainNameSales is Uniregistry, same platform, it will all transfer over.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back