Dynadot

Escrow.com - Poor service

NameSilo
Watch

nvdomains

Established Member
Impact
Buyer paid on January 1st. Escrow people sent following message on January 4.

In order to process your buyers payment, Escrow.com needs to confirm your phone number by speaking with you from the phone number listed in your Escrow.com customer profile. Please call us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you

Escrow.com Customer Support
30318 Esperanza
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688

Toll Free 888.511.8600, U.S. and Canada
International 1.949.635.3800

I am trying to call. please wait...please wait....message for last 10 minutes.

why should not they call the customer and confirm? already charging significant fees - still not call the customer and confirm. Customer needs to spend on international call.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Used Escrow.com for many years as seller and buyer ...
Never received this kind of message !!!
Communication was always by email and they are pretty fast answering.

•••
Used Escrow.com for many years as seller and buyer ...
Never received this kind of message !!!
Communication was always by email and they are pretty
fast answering.

I also never faced this. First time, I received this message.

Why shouldn't they call? Already 8 members are on the line...how much time will it take if they are taking 5-6 minutes for each call? why should a customer needs to be online for 30 minutes that too for international call?

•••
Backlog, weekend plus major holiday

•••
its monday and they just opened theres always a long wait on mondays. theres tons of transactions that need to be discussed because they're closed on the weekend.

•••
I also never faced this. First time, I received this message.

Why shouldn't they call? Already 8 members are on the line...how much time will it take if they are taking 5-6 minutes for each call? why should a customer needs to be online for 30 minutes that too for international call?
Good Morning,

I am sorry that you are receiving a wait message when you are calling this morning. With the three day weekend, we are experiencing higher than normal call volume this morning. I am sending you my direct extension so you can call me at your convenience.

Thank you,
Mauli
[email protected]

•••
hmmm... I was going to ask question about this wherein users can share their experience about the NEW escrow.

•••
Good Morning,

I am sorry that you are receiving a wait message when you are calling this morning. With the three day weekend, we are experiencing higher than normal call volume this morning. I am sending you my direct extension so you can call me at your convenience.

Thank you,
Mauli
[email protected]

thank you. anyway, my position came to 4...i can complete this call.

Godaddy/snapnames...all international companies call the customer if they want to talk to customer. Asking the customer to call....

•••
You see ???
You already got Escrow.com support here on the thread at NamePros ...
This is the Escrow.com I know ... this guy are Super Professionals ... Keep so.
NicMarket.com is a PROUD partner of Escrow.com

•••

Godaddy/snapnames...all international companies call the customer if they want to talk to customer. Asking the customer to call....

Hello,

Please send me your phone number and I am happy to call you.

Thank you,
Mauli
[email protected]

•••
You see ???
You already got Escrow.com support here on the thread at NamePros ...
This is the Escrow.com I know ... this guy are Super Professionals ... Keep so.
NicMarket.com is a PROUD partner of Escrow.com

I always got good service from them. But, I am surprised after receiving that message and calling for 15 minutes...still waiting...

I don't think this is the way to confirm the customer mobile number. They should call and confirm the number.

•••
Strange: Received following message from the buyer (namepros member)

Escrow.com asked to pay once again.. seems to have cancelled previous payment.

I called them from the mobile which is on file.......but they are saying different number....

•••
They seem to have confused with buyer and seller numbers.

•••
International call is not cheap, so why don't they call and confirm the customer number? It will take a minute for them!

They should call from the same phone number listed on their website, so we can find / avoid the suspicious calls from scammers.

BTW: Escrow.com is one of the best escrow service that i used, so far.

•••
International call is not cheap, so why don't they call and confirm the customer number? It will take a minute for them!

They should call from the same phone number listed on their website, so we can find / avoid the suspicious calls from scammers.

BTW: Escrow.com is one of the best escrow service that i used, so far.

same thoughts.

It is the only good service. I don't know about the quality of other escrow services.

First time...bad experience for a simple thing.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this morning to help move your transaction forward. As an extra layer of security, we verify the buyer and seller when payment is made by credit card. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and as we make improvements, your suggestions are on the top of the list. We appreciate all comments and you are welcome to post them on here or email them to me directly.

Thank you for using us for your

Best,
Mauli
[email protected]

•••
Escrow.com was sold to Freelancer.com about 8 months ago. I suspect any degradation of service would be somewhat due to that. Treating paying customers as thought their business and loyalty is insignificant seems to be the norm. Ever try to get phone service from DirectTV or T-Mobile? They suck. They shove you into a frustrating automated system hoping not to have to actually speak to you on the phone. Then, if you spend the 5 or 10 minutes necessary getting channeled to a real person, you end up talking to someone in the Philippines or India who recites scripted answers to any question you may have, whether or not those answers actually address your question or complaint.

If you get shitty service, take your business elsewhere.

•••
Still..problem is not solved. Buyer made payment once again as per their request.

struggling to understand.

•••
I think customer verification should be automated with IVR. Like confirming with a 4 digit code or answering other questions.

•••
Still..problem is not solved. Buyer made payment once again as per their request.

struggling to understand.

For PayPal and credit card payments, we do have the payments processed and approved, which may take a few hours but we do process and approve them the same day. We received payment this morning and the payment has already been processed and the parties notified. Your transaction has been moved along. If there is anything, please let me know.

Best,
Mauli
[email protected]

•••
Finally problem solved. Hope...next transaction goes smoothly.

•••
@Mauli Fry

This could be my last time using escrow.com

I have used you many times for close to 100K$ in transactions and never had problems before. But I guess freelancer.com takeover is taking its negative toll.

The buyer has paid few days ago, I have also transferred the name and buyer confirmed receipt few days ago. However, the status of disbursement still shows "pending verification". What exactly are you verifying???!!!

In addition, when you click on their "customer support" link https://www.escrow.com/support/contact-us.aspx it shows

SORRY - WE COULDN'T FIND THE PAGE YOU WERE LOOKING FOR (404).

Well, I agree, I could not find what I was looking for either. It turns out, not only customer support page itself is missing, they are missing from their phones also. The automatic guy on the phone says I have called during off hours, as they work from 8 am pacific time. Well, guess what, it is 8.28 am pacific, but this guys have problem even following up with time, not speaking with your money.

•••
The buyer has paid few days ago, I have also transferred the name and buyer confirmed receipt few days ago. However, the status of disbursement still shows "pending verification". What exactly are you verifying???!!! .

We see these type of posts with holiday weekends.(see first post New Years Day) Stock market closed today. And if Escrow.com's office is open today, they have only been at work for 31 mins. So keep in mind Stat,Sun, Monday Holiday.

•••
So? If they have been at work for 31 minutes, their automatic system does not need to be switched manually, it can tell you something like "current estimated wait time is... ", "leave us your number and we will call back in ... ", etc.

They are providing financial services for tens of millions of dollars, they should be able to figure that by now! Very very very unprofessional! Haven't seen that even fro mom-and-pop's shops...

•••
I am really getting worried that escrow.com might lost her lustres.. The bought WarriorForum and now warriorforum is no longer what it usedto be

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back