Dynadot

Escrow.com - Poor service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

nvdomains

Established Member
Impact
Buyer paid on January 1st. Escrow people sent following message on January 4.

In order to process your buyers payment, Escrow.com needs to confirm your phone number by speaking with you from the phone number listed in your Escrow.com customer profile. Please call us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you

Escrow.com Customer Support
30318 Esperanza
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688

Toll Free 888.511.8600, U.S. and Canada
International 1.949.635.3800

I am trying to call. please wait...please wait....message for last 10 minutes.

why should not they call the customer and confirm? already charging significant fees - still not call the customer and confirm. Customer needs to spend on international call.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear you are having a frustrating experience with us. Our California office was closed yesterday in observance of President's Day. I received your personal message and sent you a private message this morning in regards to the transaction and status. If there is anything I can do to assist, please feel free to contact me or at [email protected]. I have also reported the 404 error you received and show it is already fixed.

Best,
Mauli

•••
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear you are having a frustrating experience with us. Our California office was closed yesterday in observance of President's Day. I received your personal message and sent you a private message this morning in regards to the transaction and status. If there is anything I can do to assist, please feel free to contact me or at [email protected]. I have also reported the 404 error you received and show it is already fixed.

Best,
Mauli
This new process of confirming, both buyer, and seller when a new buyer enters into an escrow transaction is very tedious via phone, it is going to cost sales.

90% of my sales, I bring the new buyer to escrow, before they enter their credit card,fax off whatever info they want, but now escrow wants to talk to sellers of 10 years, and confirm, and if the buyer is foreign they are having a hard time connecting into escrow.

The buyer pays via credit card, unless the telephone verification by both parties is done, the transaction stays in seller must make payment stage, even though they have already paid.

They already are on the fence about the whole process, I am already feeling the effects of this, as a buyer paid a week ago, and he hasn't been able to reach escrow on the phone, they haven't been able to reach him, and the buyer is seriously frustrated, what to do?

•••
This new process of confirming, both buyer, and seller when a new buyer enters into an escrow transaction is very tedious via phone, it is going to cost sales.

90% of my sales, I bring the new buyer to escrow, before they enter their credit card,fax off whatever info they want, but now escrow wants to talk to sellers of 10 years, and confirm, and if the buyer is foreign they are having a hard time connecting into escrow.

The buyer pays via credit card, unless the telephone verification by both parties is done, the transaction stays in seller must make payment stage, even though they have already paid.

They already are on the fence about the whole process, I am already feeling the effects of this, as a buyer paid a week ago, and he hasn't been able to reach escrow on the phone, they haven't been able to reach him, and the buyer is seriously frustrated, what to do?

Mauli, From Escrow.com, got in touch with me, and solved the issue within minutes, very professional.

Thank You

•••
already charging significant fees - still not call the customer and confirm. Customer needs to spend on international call.
Next time, use Skype to call them. So in this situation, you should have used Skype and established communication first and then went on from there.

•••

Thank you for all the feedback on our verification process. Moving forward we will only be verifying the phone number of first time users for credit card transactions. Security and quality support are very important to us and your feedback is helping us improve our processes. Please reach out to me at any time here on the forum or at [email protected].

•••
Having been an Escrow.com user since 2002, I knew they are closed on President's Day, just like any other US Federal holiday. That being said, the previous version of the web site would display that Escrow.com is closed e.g. "today." ;)

•••
So am I to assume that NOW if I get a end user who wants to buy my domain name and they have NEVER used Escrow.com before will have to talk to someone at Escrow to "make sure" they want to do the deal????? Please tell me I am reading this wrong. How many times do you attempt to call if they cant be reached? Do you have translators? Will you try and save a sale if they are uncomfortable or not liking the sales verification?

•••
Hi Acroplex, fortunately that big red banner wasn't required this time as our customer support team in Sydney was on the phones and email support from 12 midday PST.

Nattydomain, in answer to your questions:
We're validating to make sure that the buyer is really the owner of the card and the phone number - this is only required when the user is new or the information we collect about the account doesn't add up. Going into these controls in detail isn't possible because it helps people to defeat them. Our support staff are multi-lingual and will try a minimum of 3 times to contact via phone as well as notifications via SMS and email.

Hope this helps!

•••
I think the policy described by Jackson is FAR more reasonable and acceptable than what DN.com is doing by requiring people to send copies of both their ID and selfies HOLDING their ID.

Perfectly reasonable for an escrow service that guarantees no charge-back post sale to validate the buyer.

•••
Been a customer for nearly 14 years now, always excellent service and millions in transactions.

Complaining about a phone verification when a first time buyer uses a cc is minor guys and understandable they want to.

They are the only game in town imo.

•••
I'd rather get more verification than less verification. In the past, as a buyer, I had to fax/email a scan of my CC with driver's license etc. That changed a couple of years ago. So I consider the extra verification a step in the right direction.

•••
I just had a great experience with Mauli from Escrow.com helping me. Patience helps and eventually things do get resolved.

•••
This week, I sold another domain. Transaction is completed smoothly. This time, they called buyer only.

•••
International 1.949.635.3800

949 area code for international callers??

upload_2016-10-11_12-23-30.png

•••
•••
Been trying to get an email reply out of them for 3 days, nothing.

Started off using their web support form as no support email address mentioned on their site, but I'm not convinced it's even working properly. Would help if they sent an email to say they'd received something and will get back.

What's their regular support email, support @ escrow.com?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back