Domain Empire

Escrow.com - Poor service

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
At the moment I am waiting in the chatbox- support to see what will happen. They said they will close the transaction and send me the money.
The issue.
I sold some equipment - not domain name- to someone in France. I suggested escrow.com since I have used it for $xxx,xxx transactions.
Buyer asks 5 days verification to test them and I agree.
The 5th day the buyer logs in and confirms that he recieved them ok.
Two days later the status is still " pending verification"
I asked them 2 days ago and they told me that they will send the money tomorrow. Today that I asked they said they have to confirm that the .... domain name !! is in buyers hands...
They clearly have no idea what they are doing.
I sent them screenshot also from the buyers account that confirm that he accepted.
Their last answer was "We have forwarded the tracking information and Buyer's confirmation. We are just waiting for their response."
My answer was "
What response?!!you have it
and 5 days passed
thats why you have the inspection period !
he loged in his account 2 days ago and accepted !

---- very bad service
to be continued ..
..and my big question is..
The buyer logged in and accepted. Isn't it automated? Why still they have to confirm it?
And why did I have to go to chatbox help for three days and one email that I got no answer to get things moving?
Jackson I messaged you the transaction ID number

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From the support chatbox :
Robin: It is still with the finance department. Unfortunately it is only them who can close the transaction and at this point we have provided all the support documents (and more) that can help in closing it. All we can do now is wait.

Me : Why do they need the documents - that I have sent you? This is not how your system works. Buyer confirmed in your sytem that he recieved them.End .
( plus they could check TNT tracking number that is in the transaction info)

Last edited:
•••
my bad.... and they get commision on this? !!

•••
Hi Tassos,
Discrepancies between your buyer's shipment information and the signing party received from TNT caused our payments team to request positive confirmation of acceptance over and above the normal 'click to accept' process, with 48 hours notice. Your buyer did not respond within the allotted time so your transaction was moved to close just before 3am California time, with funds being released from escrow today.

I definitely appreciate the need to get your funds as soon as possible, closing out transactions quickly and most importantly safely is always our goal.

Regards,
Jackson Elsegood

•••
Hi Jackson,
thank you for the quick response and I take it as a good service.
To be fair and to apologize if I am wrong,
if the shipment information that was given from the beggining and the sign in info was different , there was a 10 days open space to check. That's how much it took to ship and deliver.I guess you could have emailed the buyer also to double check . Something that you didn't and I know that.
Your system has an automation that we trust to use. That's why there is an option for "days" before a buyer checks and confirm that everything is ok.
If you turn this from automated to manual then you loose it.Or if you do it for more safety do it in logical time period.
The worst thing is the answer I got two days after the first time I contacted support - when they told me that the funds will be released the next day- that they haven't confirm the domain ( ?!) transfer. That sounded like they didn't know what they are talking about.
And till now , that you confirmed that today the funds will be released , the status is till "pending verification".
If there is any changes in the status I will let you know.
Thank you again for the quick response..
Tassos
ps. about that possitive confirmation. I emailed the buyer and in 2 min he sent me screenshots . I guess three days your stuff didn't do anything .If they had contacted him they would have had an answer in minutes .I had to spend some hours to get things moving..

•••
•••
Hi Tassos,
We have manual review points in our automatic system (in this case a final review before releasing funds) to protect the interests of both the buyer and seller. Unfortunately we didn't receive the same positive response from the buyer but I'm glad that they are happy with the goods delivered. Transaction is currently pending verification as it's sitting with me, as I mentioned it has been moved to close so I'll be releasing your funds via our European accounts today.

Cheers,
Jackson

•••
You spending time to response here makes your service trusted,
Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Any time, Tassos - Let's talk more offline once this transaction is released, it's always good to grab feedback on where we can improve.

Jackson

•••
•••
I'm getting the same problem - with domain name transfers - 2 separate trans actions - I don't get why this isn't flagged earlier by escrow...not feeling very "safe" here.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back