Dynadot

Escrow.com Terrible support

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I had a 20k transaction in Escrow.com. I was a seller. To receive money I selected International Wire Transfer. There was no my country in the list when I tried to input my bank address so I inputed my neighbour country and added comments that my country is another one.

I asked if it's an error, because all other countries were in the list, and I don't see any reason for my country to be absent there.

I sent an inquiry to their customer support and received short answer "your country is not supported" and it took 24 hours for them to send a reply. I have sent 2 another questions asking if it is possible to add my bank address country or change it manually when releasing the payment. And the only answer I received was "your country is not supported". Ridiculous, because I did receive payments from Japan, USA, from Sedo, from Snapnames, some other companies and nobody had any problems and were very polite and helpful with support if questions arised. Shame on you Escrow.com

I tried to call them. I was on line about 15 minutes with international call and they didn't attended my call. Questions via email are answered very slowly and abruptly. There is no ticket system.

So I had to register an account at DN.com to work with them instead of Escrow.com, because they do have my country in the list of bank adress. For premium domains I will use Sedo.com escrow. 2.5-3% isn't that much.

The buyer happily didn't send a payment yet. Now I hope I will be able to continue negitiations and we will change escrow service.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That really sucks. Okay, wish you the buyer understands and agrees changing the escrow.

•••
If escrow.com is a US company, there might be legislative limitations for making bank transfers to certain countries.

Neither Sedo nor DN are US companies. Don't know about Snapnames.

•••
If escrow.com is a US company, there might be legislative limitations for making bank transfers to certain countries.

I worked with 100% US Company and received payments.

•••
Hello user,

My apologies regarding this issue.

Please do trust that as an escrow company, we are more than happy to provide our escrow and payment service to any customer from all over the world. We have been dedicated to provide the best escrow service to our customers and build up our escrow community since we were setup 16 year ago.

On the other hand, however, since escrow.com is a fully licensed and accredited legal entity and is subject to compliance with all applicable escrow regulations, there is indeed some restrictions that apply to our business and there is no way that we would override those restrictions and regulations from authorities. For now, we do wish that the supported country list would be extended in the future.

I hope it all makes sense now and good luck with your domain business. You have great holiday.

•••
•••
Hello user,

My apologies regarding this issue.

Please do trust that as an escrow company, we are more than happy to provide our escrow and payment service to any customer from all over the world. We have been dedicated to provide the best escrow service to our customers and build up our escrow community since we were setup 16 year ago.

On the other hand, however, since escrow.com is a fully licensed and accredited legal entity and is subject to compliance with all applicable escrow regulations, there is indeed some restrictions that apply to our business and there is no way that we would override those restrictions and regulations from authorities. For now, we do wish that the supported country list would be extended in the future.

I hope it all makes sense now and good luck with your domain business. You have great holiday.

Ok. Thank you for your reply. I understand. Still looks strange because other Afternic is working with my country, or are they not US company?

I currently have 2 escrow transactions. One at 4.cn and another at DN.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back