Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Every day, Epik is dropping more and more domains.

For many TLDs, on day 36 of expiry, we send names through a Snapnames expiry auction. The minimum bid there is $79 which is high for some domains.

On Day 43 of expiry, the last day before we delete names, we do a reverse auction with the final price of domains dropping all the way down to $9 plus the renewal cost.

Every day we see great names get picked up for peanuts. Last night DrugAddiction.Co went for $9 plus reg fee, for example.

You can check out the daily inventory here:

https://marketplace.epik.com/daily-diamonds

The Epik.com team will post in this thread about particularly insane bargains that you might want to know about.

Also, for NamePros members, we have dropped the Backorder fee all the way down to $8.49. So, if you want to backorder at Epik, you can still get a non-exclusive but no-auction backorder for reg fee. For premium domains, the renewal fee is added to the backorder fee, but for a .COM, $8.49 is the all-in refundable backorder deposit.

So, follow this thread and we'll drop some backordering nuggets here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice service @Rob Monster . Always domainer friendly.
Can I know what TLDs and ccTLDs are supported? Some sites charge hefty fee for ccTLD backorders

Good question. We are mainly dropcatching Verisign names but in fact you can backorder most TLDS at Epik. With @Gube now on the team, we'll see if we can take this to the next level. He already identified something very useful for .COM and will be working closely with our engineering team this week to gather feedback and test improvements.

•••
Good question. We are mainly dropcatching Verisign names but in fact you can backorder most TLDS at Epik. With @Gube now on the team, we'll see if we can take this to the next level. He already identified something very useful for .COM and will be working closely with our engineering team this week to gather feedback and test improvements.
Hi, Rob.
Tried to place an order yesterday, on a name that was available. But it shows $199. I contacted live chat at epik. They said item wasn't available that I had to backorder. Then I place an order in Porkbon it went through. It happens twice yesterday.
Please look into it. And again the Microsoft//com is showing 199 for me.

Thanks.

•••
Hi, Rob.
Tried to place an order yesterday, on a name that was available. But it shows $199. I contacted live chat at epik. They said item wasn't available that I had to backorder. Then I place an order in Porkbon it went through. It happens twice yesterday.
Please look into it. And again the Microsoft//com is showing 199 for me.

Thanks.
It is possible to backorder any domain currently taken. When the domain will drop, Epik will try to get it for you. If it shows 199$, it means the domainer price wasn't applied to your account. PM your username to Rob so he can enable it to your account (Backorder price is 8.49$ for NP users) :)

Gube

•••
It is possible to backorder any domain currently taken. When the domain will drop, Epik will try to get it for you. If it shows 199$, it means the domainer price wasn't applied to your account. PM your username to Rob so he can enable it to your account (Backorder price is 8.49$ for NP users) :)

Gube
Yeah, thanks.
But it should be noted though. That the name I had issues about wasn't from backorder name. It was a name that's was already available. I had to buy it instantly from porkbon without going through the backorder route.

Thanks again.

•••
Hello everyone,

Today's Pending Delete list is here
https://armored.net/index.php/s/g5YNPxqdHABqdBp
(Hosted by Armor, Powered by Epik)

It's now based on a Scoring system and not on Appraised Values
The score is calculated on multiple factors such as domain length, domain age, words "balance", readability, Number of TLDs taken, Alexa rank..
In the coming days, I will add more data to these lists to help you find the best names :)

Take a look at the list, and backorders as many names as you want :xf.smile:

Gube,

•••
Nightowl report:
  • I tried to backorder a few names out of @Gube ´s list. When I copy-and-pasted them into the relevant order field and tried to go to the next step I landed on Epik´s homepage and was not able to finish. Note: Cart was empty, I was logged in; I tried several times.
  • Later I checked your Daily Diamonds, found nice glass pearls and purchased them for $9 plus one year of renewal for additional $8.49. The website seemed to be slow during this action and I had to process payment twice regarding a website error at the first time. But it worked then, after changing from CC to In-Store-Credit what may be coincidence, and I found those tasty crumbles immediately in my portfolio. They were shown as unlocked and alerted as due for renewal, still showing the old expiry date (2019). I wanted to renew at once for another year and 2021 was shown as new expiry date in Checkout. So the renewal of Daily Diamonds was working but the new expiry is not shown in the portfolio. I double-checked with Whois where renewals until 2020 are confirmed. (Now, one hour later, domains are locked and eypiry date is correct in my account. I´ll post this though.)

•••
Nightowl report:
  • I tried to backorder a few names out of @Gube ´s list. When I copy-and-pasted them into the relevant order field and tried to go to the next step I landed on Epik´s homepage and was not able to finish. Note: Cart was empty, I was logged in; I tried several times.
  • Later I checked your Daily Diamonds, found nice glass pearls and purchased them for $9 plus one year of renewal for additional $8.49. The website seemed to be slow during this action and I had to process payment twice regarding a website error at the first time. But it worked then, after changing from CC to In-Store-Credit what may be coincidence, and I found those tasty crumbles immediately in my portfolio. They were shown as unlocked and alerted as due for renewal, still showing the old expiry date (2019). I wanted to renew at once for another year and 2021 was shown as new expiry date in Checkout. So the renewal of Daily Diamonds was working but the new expiry is not shown in the portfolio. I double-checked with Whois where renewals until 2020 are confirmed. (Now, one hour later, domains are locked and eypiry date is correct in my account. I´ll post this though.)
I just tried with the first 2 names from today's list, It works
Did you use the bulk search form ? https://registrar.epik.com/index/bulk-register-domain
Gube,

•••
Did you use the bulk search form ?
No, I used a link in this (or another Epik?) thread which leads to a specific backorder site.

•••
No, I used a link in this (or another Epik?) thread which leads to a specific backorder site.
Great, I am quoting myself.
Here is the link. There I chose "Actions" - "Add new backorder".

•••
Great, I am quoting myself.
Here is the link. There I chose "Actions" - "Add new backorder".
I will check that. By the time it's corrected, you can use the Bulk search form :)
It works the same way

Last edited:
•••
I posted in the other thread a possible bug and @Ategy reminded me to post it here so I am :)

Here's a copy of most of what was posted.

Question, is it a bug if it says I missed the backordered domain but the domain is still available for backorder so I went ahead and backordered it again?

What you're likely seeing is just you checking if the domain is available and the Epik system seeing the domain is registered and automatically offering you the opportunity to backorder it, without checking to see if you already have the backorder for that domain in your account.

Thanks, I thought that as well. The possible bug is that it offered it again for this drop and not next year. It did fail again so I'd say it's a bug.

•••
I posted in the other thread a possible bug and @Ategy reminded me to post it here so I am :)

Here's a copy of most of what was posted.

Question, is it a bug if it says I missed the backordered domain but the domain is still available for backorder so I went ahead and backordered it again?

Thanks, I thought that as well. The possible bug is that it offered it again for this drop and not next year. It did fail again so I'd say it's a bug.
Let's make events in chronological order to make it easier
A domain was in Pending Delete / Redemption
You backordered it at Epik
The domain was catched by an other registrar
Epik Failed to get this domain
Epik allowed you to Backorder this name again on the search page > Second backorder
Epik Failed to get the domain
Is there something wrong in these events ?

•••
Let's make events in chronological order to make it easier
A domain was in Pending Delete / Redemption
You backordered it at Epik
The domain was catched by an other registrar
Epik Failed to get this domain
Epik allowed you to Backorder this name again on the search page > Second backorder
Epik Failed to get the domain
Is there something wrong in these events ?
That is correct.

•••
•••
I just back ordered a name...

I have never done this anywhere... I don't know deep logics of this process but have some idea...

During searching for names many are shown as "backorder for $8.49"
I know this is high in other registrars...I thought I will give it a try...

Frankly I have no hope of getting this name even if I am the first one to try for it...

It is good two word name with high search volume so there is no chance of Epik getting it for me..
Probably DropCatch will get it..

The process is simple and affordable...but doubt success rate will be high...

I too faced some troubles when after adding names (registered) to cart along with one backorder... I wanted to check another name availability...and tried through Domains>register a domain.

This took me to page where I am logged in anymore...and after logging again I found cart was empty... luckily I noted all the names separately so added them again.

This can be a big disappointment if people lose names in bulk.

Epik registration tried and successful
Epik transfers tried and moved some names
Epik Backorder tried and no hope of getting it anyway ;)

Now time for me to try
Epik marketplace with recent registered names...may be some luck welcomes me there :)

Got some heavy searched names...will try to list on Epik.

Thanks,
Ravi

•••
I just back ordered a name...

I have never done this anywhere... I don't know deep logics of this process but have some idea...

During searching for names many are shown as "backorder for $8.49"
I know this is high in other registrars...I thought I will give it a try...

Frankly I have no hope of getting this name even if I am the first one to try for it...

It is good two word name with high search volume so there is no chance of Epik getting it for me..
Probably DropCatch will get it..

The process is simple and affordable...but doubt success rate will be high...

I too faced some troubles when after adding names (registered) to cart along with one backorder... I wanted to check another name availability...and tried through Domains>register a domain.

This took me to page where I am logged in anymore...and after logging again I found cart was empty... luckily I noted all the names separately so added them again.

This can be a big disappointment if people lose names in bulk.

Epik registration tried and successful
Epik transfers tried and moved some names
Epik Backorder tried and no hope of getting it anyway ;)

Now time for me to try
Epik marketplace with recent registered names...may be some luck welcomes me there :)

Got some heavy searched names...will try to list on Epik.

Thanks,
Ravi
Hello,

Thanks for giving Epik a try :)
And good luck for the names you backordered, who knows, Epik might be able to catch them for you

Gube,

•••
Well unfortunately I missed an email from support letting me know that my backorder had been voided because of an accounting error by mistake. They said to log back in and add funds asap but I was out for the day and missed it.

I guess it's a good idea to have In-Store Credit in case this happens in the future.

Last edited:
•••
Hello everyone,

Here's today's list :)
All are in Pending Delete and will drop today.
Link to the sheet : https://armored.net/index.php/s/9wDtgDiPR6x38gr
I added some more data to the file such as the Appraised value, The search volume, Words, Alexa rank..

You can use the Backorder link from the sheet, and you also can use the Bulk search form
https://epik.com/bulk

Well unfortunately I missed an email from support letting me know that my backorder had been voided because of an accounting error by mistake. They said to log back in and add funds asap but I was out for the day and missed it.
Sad to hear this.. I'm sure you'll find some good names to compensate :)
Today I saw a lot of names worth it like FunWord.com, triggger.com, syntho.com..
All of them are in the list
Also, If I can be of any help, let me know

•••
@Gube thanks for your contribution...

Is there a way to access this file in PDF or something more common format... I always "can't open error" after downloading...this is same for laptop/mobile.

Hope it's not too much to ask for...

Thanks,
Ravi

•••
@Gube thanks for your contribution...

Is there a way to access this file in PDF or something more common format... I always "can't open error" after downloading...this is same for laptop/mobile.

Hope it's not too much to ask for...

Thanks,
Ravi
Yes, I can do that :)
Here is the pdf version https://armored.net/index.php/s/BZB2MQodpddMj6T
Score and add to cart link are at the bottom, but you can use the bulk search form if it's easier for you

•••
@Gube that's great.

Makes it easy to access the data...you provided within minutes of request.
Thanks,
Ravi

•••
@Rob Monster please fix your domain backorder system, epik failed to catch the domain I want. Refund process to paypal is complicated, must chat with customer service and wait for a review of their accounting. Indeed, for a refund on a fast account credit, but I want to at the source of payment. Please make sure your backorder system is powerful without early payment, if the epik fails to catch it it will waste a lot of time to refund the funds. Account Credit is good, but if you want to use it somewhere else how

So far the domain has been catch by Dropcatch. I don't know why, because their backorder system is powerful than other backorder systems

Last edited:
•••

I guess it's a good idea to have In-Store Credit in case this happens in the future.

How can someone add fund to his/her account ?

•••
@Rob Monster
So far the domain has been catch by Dropcatch. I don't know why, because their backorder system is powerful than other backorder systems

You'd be real lucky if you're up against dropcatch. Don't expect wonders from their backordering system. Dropcatch is king of dropcatching.

That being said, I haven't used Epik for backorders (yet) but have seen people catch nice domains. Given Epiks insane low fee it's worth the shot.

I believe rob requested people to prepay their accounts and keep credit for refunds as much as possible to help them with their processor fees. They're running a tight margin (if there's any at all) on this service so that's why account credit is the preferred refund method.

•••
Yes...I have account credit and used it to registration and as well as backorders..

I don't know much about backorder and possibilities of getting that name...but I think medium quality names can be grabbed...and funding your account is also not a bad idea...
You fund your account and try for a medium quality domain backorder...if you got that name you are happy or else the amount refunded as store credit...
One more big plus point at present is .com / $ 5.99 so you can register your next name in wishlist...refund utilized effectively!
+ $ 8.49 / back order its lowwwww so that is advantage
+ $ 5.99 / .com again lowwwww and we always have names in mind to register...don't we.
+ find a medium name and be the first one to backorder...first come first serve basis...that's nice thing. and if you got the name you will think it is greatest thing.
+ If you flip that for low XXX you are powered up for next dozen names :)

Just my thoughts...

Thanks,
Ravi.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back