Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Every day, Epik is dropping more and more domains.

For many TLDs, on day 36 of expiry, we send names through a Snapnames expiry auction. The minimum bid there is $79 which is high for some domains.

On Day 43 of expiry, the last day before we delete names, we do a reverse auction with the final price of domains dropping all the way down to $9 plus the renewal cost.

Every day we see great names get picked up for peanuts. Last night DrugAddiction.Co went for $9 plus reg fee, for example.

You can check out the daily inventory here:

https://marketplace.epik.com/daily-diamonds

The Epik.com team will post in this thread about particularly insane bargains that you might want to know about.

Also, for NamePros members, we have dropped the Backorder fee all the way down to $8.49. So, if you want to backorder at Epik, you can still get a non-exclusive but no-auction backorder for reg fee. For premium domains, the renewal fee is added to the backorder fee, but for a .COM, $8.49 is the all-in refundable backorder deposit.

So, follow this thread and we'll drop some backordering nuggets here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Rob Monster you have eaudi listed as a daily diamond. Although it's a nice name I'd proceed with caution due to the obvious Audi part.

Nah - Audi could be short for audi, audiology.

Sure, don't use eAudi for selling cars.

That being said, if Audi were to expand a line of electric cars there is a non-zero chance that it gets called eAudi:

https://search.anonymize.com/?q="eaudi"&categories=general&language=en-US

upload_2019-8-30_9-10-47.png

•••
@Rob Monster If the domain is catch, but there are more people to backorder the same domain, what happens?

Right now it is first come first serve (FCFS). At checkout it tells you if you are #1 or not.

Down the road we may add auctions and exclusives, but right now it is FCFS.

•••
@Rob Monster you have eaudi listed as a daily diamond. Although it's a nice name I'd proceed with caution due to the obvious Audi part.
Depending on how it's used, it's not a problem. I have a "jeep" domain. I have used it for a personal site for 10 years.

•••
Right now it is first come first serve (FCFS). At checkout it tells you if you are #1 or not.

Down the road we may add auctions and exclusives, but right now it is FCFS.

Glad to hear that, very fair

•••
@Rob Monster
We will try to register the domain on your behalf if it ever becomes available. You may cancel the backorder at any moment and the funds will be returned to you. Currently there are 1 backorder(s) for this domain, which are handled on a first come, first served basis.

If there are 1 backorder, why the same backorder not cancel? i can checkout and arrived at the payment page. what if people don't know and then pay for it while the system is FCFS

•••
Nah - Audi could be short for audi, audiology.

Sure, don't use eAudi for selling cars.

That being said, if Audi were to expand a line of electric cars there is a non-zero chance that it gets called eAudi:

https://search.anonymize.com/?q="eaudi"&categories=general&language=en-US

Show attachment 127808

I fully agree with you but I just saw someone losing an e + keyword cctld.

All it takes is one panellist not thinking straight as I doubt anyone will defend this name by paying for additional panel members.

Enough of that as this thread should focus on the epik backordering service.

Looking good at first glance. I'm not actively buying atm but if something 'accidently' catches my eye I know where to go :)

Who's curating the daily diamonds? There are some nice names on it.

•••
I fully agree with you but I just saw someone losing an e + keyword cctld.

All it takes is one panellist not thinking straight as I doubt anyone will defend this name by paying for additional panel members.

Enough of that as this thread should focus on the epik backordering service.

Looking good at first glance. I'm not actively buying atm but if something 'accidently' catches my eye I know where to go :)

Who's curating the daily diamonds? There are some nice names on it.

The daily diamonds are not really curated. It is whatever goes out the back door. It is called "Daily Diamonds" because often I see great inventory come through.

•••
@Rob Monster
We will try to register the domain on your behalf if it ever becomes available. You may cancel the backorder at any moment and the funds will be returned to you. Currently there are 1 backorder(s) for this domain, which are handled on a first come, first served basis.

If there are 1 backorder, why the same backorder not cancel? i can checkout and arrived at the payment page. what if people don't know and then pay for it while the system is FCFS

Because people cancel backorders. So if you are #2 and someone cancels, you become #1.

We could change the UX to let you filter on domains that are backordered or not backordered. I need to think about that one. Pros and cons.

•••
•••
•••
Because people cancel backorders. So if you are #2 and someone cancels, you become #1.

We could change the UX to let you filter on domains that are backordered or not backordered. I need to think about that one. Pros and cons.
Problem with this, others could quickly see domains already backordered and backorder them at Dropcatch, snapnames..

•••
Difficult to use, I need to click details for every domain.

•••
The daily diamonds are not really curated. It is whatever goes out the back door. It is called "Daily Diamonds" because often I see great inventory come through.

Cool. Keep up the good work. I noticed some nice names past few times I checked. I totally dig your commitment to this industry. It's a rare thing these days to encounter a CEO this approachable. You're really one of a kind. God bless.

•••
Difficult to use, I need to click details for every domain.

We are going to fix that next week. @Ala Dadan and engineering are on that so you will be able use DHTML for rapid-fire add to cart.

•••
Problem with this, others could quickly see domains already backordered and backorder them at Dropcatch, snapnames..

Exactly -- that is why we don't make it too easy to see if there is an existing backorder.

•••
One issue(?)
When a backorderable domain is listed on Afternic. The afternic price shows up instead of the backorder price. Is there a way around that?
(I don't need it now. Im not backordering it. I just saw it on 1 domain today.)

•••
One issue(?)
When a backorderable domain is listed on Afternic. The afternic price shows up instead of the backorder price. Is there a way around that?
(I don't need it now. Im not backordering it. I just saw it on 1 domain today.)

Yup, that makes sense since we do get the Afternic MLS feed. We'll take a look.

•••
Yup, that makes sense since we do get the Afternic MLS feed. We'll take a look.

PS - I deposited $25 "Bug Bounty" to your Epik account. That is a legit bug. It should be patched on Monday. Good catch.

•••
PS - I deposited $25 "Bug Bounty" to your Epik account. That is a legit bug. It should be patched on Monday. Good catch.
I see it. Thanks.
Consider it spent within the next few days. 😁

•••
Today's dropcatch results for me : 2 domains backordered, 2 missed
These were a bit more valuable than before
Duo/Zen (com) & Same/Room (com)
One catched by snap and the other one by dropcatch (no auction, Huge domains ?) :(
Will try with more domains tomorrow :xf.smile:

•••
I feel almost like it's Christmas morning...
$8.xx dropcatch service. $25 bug bounty. Now I just need that $XXX,XXX sale to happen. Is that too much to ask?

Edit: I wasn't asking you to make it happen... just putting it out there that it would be nice IF it happened.

th.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hello everyone,

Here is today's list of picked deleting domains
https://armored.net/index.php/s/iqAFF4T3TPJX9TG
You can download the sheet file from Armored (Powered by Epik)
I will improve this list everyday so you can find the best domains :)

Gube

Last edited:
•••
•••
Nice service @Rob Monster . Always domainer friendly.
Can I know what TLDs and ccTLDs are supported? Some sites charge hefty fee for ccTLD backorders

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back