Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Gname or DropCatch + SnapNames?

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

newcat

New Member
Impact
0
Hello All,

I want to dropcatch a .com. I just checked ICANN for the "big three": DropCatch has 1501 registrars, SnapNames has 98, and Gname has 501.

I have accounts with all three of them. My question is: If I use Gname's dropcatch Channel 1 to backorder a domain, will it definitely backorder the domain on DropCatch too (under the username "first1" as discussed before on NamePros).

I used Gname's Channel 1 last year, and it successfully caught a domain for me via SnapNames. So I know Channel 1 may invoke SnapNames. I also saw discussions on NamePros that mentioned that Channel 1 may invoke DropCatch (so it's supposed to be a bad idea to backorder a domain at both Gname and DropCatch, resulting in an auction against oneself).

The ideal scenario is: Gname's Channel 1 will definitely backorder a domain at DropCatch (regular backorder, not Discount Club) and SnapNames and also use Gname's own 501 registrars. In that case, I would just backorder a domain with Channel 1.

What is your recent experience with Gname? Will it definitely invoke DropCatch and SnapNames?

Best Regards,
New Cat
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Actually, my original post probably already answered its own question. I said Gname's backorder channel 1 successfully caught a domain (.com) for me last year via SnapNames. If channel 1 always invokes DropCatch, the actual dropcatcher that caught the domain would most likely have been DropCatch rather than SnapNames.

So, to make sure DropCatch is involved, I should directly use DropCatch (1501 registrars) and SnapNames (98 registrars) in the future, right?
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back