NameSilo

EPIK- Changed IP address and then locked out

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainYak

Impact
Hi,
I don't know if anyone can help, but after I changed my IP address, I subsequently got locked out of Epik.
Normally I use 2FA authenticattion, but the system won't even let me get that far, just says the IP address is unauthorized and to login in at the correct address which is no longer possible.
Having contacted Epik, yesterday one of their associates was supposed to be issuing me with a link so I can revalidate, but as of now I'm still waiting.
I've changed IP addresses begore and had no issues and I've had no problems with other registrars, just Epik.
I'm pulling my hair out. I need to get into my account.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
my ip address is always random, but was locked out of 2fa due to replacing my iphone without knowing i had to copy over all the 2fa stuff to the replacement. So i was locked out. Contacted support and they disabled 2fa on my account completely for me, and i was able to log in.

try contacting support and have them disable the 2fa on your account.

•••
Thanks for your help. I have actually managed to get back in, but not until I had reconfirmed my id, but it was a great deal of kerfuffle. I think since their data breach a couple of years back, when it comes to security, Epik are a little edgy.

•••
Thanks for your help. I have actually managed to get back in, but not until I had reconfirmed my id, but it was a great deal of kerfuffle. I think since their data breach a couple of years back, when it comes to security, Epik are a little edgy.
Actually this is rather normal in such case, instead of edgy.

Thorough verification when a security feature is requested to be bypassed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back