Domain Empire

Two Step Two Factor Authorization and IP Addresses while traveling - potential security risk

NameSilo
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
I tend to set my DynaDot account to require two step (two factor) authorization only on each NEW IP Address. This way at my home or office it doesn't keep asking me to verify myself at each login.

(I do have it set to require two-step for EVERY unlock; just not for every login.)

When traveling, I tend to not want to login to my DynaDot account, because that will then authorize that particular away-from-home IP address forever for logins without further two step verification.

I did check with DynaDot and there is no way to "revoke" the two step authorization for a particular IP address, once authorized.

This year we've been traveling a lot, was in a hotel in Lake Tahoe for two weeks, in a couple different hotels in Las Vegas for a sum total of five weeks, and now in Kailua-Kona, HI (I guess I should look up Ali Zandi, lol?) for three weeks. This stay here is in a rented house. I finally did need to login to my DynaDot, and so now this house's IP address is authorized for my DynaDot logins without any two-step verification.

As well, I tend to change my IP address every now and then at home or office.

So that means that there are all sorts of IP addresses out there I no longer use, that are two step pre-authorized for login to my DynaDot.

Just something to think about....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back