Dynadot

#EpikEscape - I'm finally out. What about you? Goodbye, Epik!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I finally transferred out my last 50 names on 6/1. I escaped Epik! Thanks to Dynadot and Spaceship for the discount .com transfer pricing.

I used to love Epik, now I'm glad I escaped without any harm. My sympathies to those who were not as fortunate,

What is your story? Have you escaped Epik yet? Still moving out? Something else?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have 0 domains at epik right now, but if I had some I would transfer-out. I never used epik a lot and after the whole masterbucks thing I am being careful. I saw in another thread someone posting claiming to be from epik but their is no way to know it's true until the user Epik Domains is verified by namepros. How many domains did you have at epik @internext ?

•••
I finally transferred out my last 50 names on 6/1. I escaped Epik! Thanks to Dynadot and Spaceship for the discount .com transfer pricing.

I used to love Epik, now I'm glad I escaped without any harm. My sympathies to those who were not as fortunate,

What is your story? Have you escaped Epik yet? Still moving out? Something else?
Oh 50 domains. Glad to hear you got out safely.

•••
Oh 50 domains. Glad to hear you got out safely.
That was my final batch of 50. I used to have hundreds there. I still believed in Epik until the Masterbucks fiasco.

I know some have/had thousands of names at Epik. Mind-boggling, to me, the thought of being stuck there with such an investment at risk

Last edited:
•••
That was my final batch. I used to have hundreds there. I know some have thousands. Mind-boggling, to me, to be stuck there with such an investment at risk
Can you share with me in case others read this how hard was it to transfer-out and did epik let you expedite the transfer-out so that you didn't have to wait 5 days to 7 days?

•••
how hard was it to transfer-out and did epik let you expedite the transfer-out so that you didn't have to wait
Literally, by the time the transfer order was placed (at Spaceship), I went back and expedited everything. The accept/reject buttons were already there! Fastest possible transfer experience.

Last edited:
•••
I always thought i’d feel this way after i leave Godaddy.
It’s epic, that epik has trascended Godaddy in priority transfer out; and Godaddy has $20+ renewals for .coms unless you pay Godaddy hostage tax.

Epik‘s still worse than the GoDaddy monopoly. I feel you.

Good luck to ”new owners” who have a lot of work to do.

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
Literally, by the time the transfer order was placed (at Spaceship), I went back and expedited everything. The accept/reject buttons were already there! Literally minutes from start to received at the new registrar.
That's good to hear.

•••
Is anyone still at Epik? Are you moving out or staying?

•••
me i still have few domains with them.. i was planning to drop them so i think to keep there and see what happens.

•••
I would prefer to sell them to Godaddy for 1M. Yes, they can make a million from it, although most are nonliquid. For example .biz doesn't do good, because GD doesn't promote them, but if they own some premium ones, they can promote them and sell for 5-6 figure as they did with .co.

•••
Only had two domains. Transferred out last week with no issues.

•••
I still have over 100 domains at Epik! I did move out around 50 odd to other registrars over the past few months. Today I did a renewal on Epik and it went off well and immediately renewed (like earlier times). I had faced renewal issue last month but they did refund the amount after multiple followups. Lets see now most of my renewals come up after September I guess so will see how its going at that time.

•••
I escaped my valuable domains but not my money! Up to 6000usd blocked there.

•••
I would prefer to sell them to Godaddy for 1M. Yes, they can make a million from it, although most are nonliquid. For example .biz doesn't do good, because GD doesn't promote them, but if they own some premium ones, they can promote them and sell for 5-6 figure as they did with .co.
GoDaddy should pay 2M.
1M for Epik Inc.
1M for Epik LLC 🤪

Last edited:
•••
Waiting for my $3000+ since September 2022

•••
Epik.com doesn't accept any responsibility for the money they stole. They changed company names, split a company into pieces. One part doesn't accept responsibility, the other part just ignores. If scamming was so easy, everyone would do it. Anyone associated with epik llc, epik holdings, and masterbucks, should tracked as potential criminals, because in the next step they will try to change their names, looks, locations, and escape together with the stolen money. Obviously they can't make any profit this way, plus, they work hard not to make profit. They think stealing money and domains is the only way to make profit.

What is the current function of masterbucks. What do they do. Does anyone know? I mean it is just a tool to hide stolen money, but there must be an excuse for its existence.

•••
I moved all my domain names out years ago when I found out they made an entire setup to make you easily lose your domain name by sending aggregated emails with renewal (it's complicated but I would explain if somebody is curious). So you wouldn't notice that some expiring names are mixed with domain nmaes you wanted to drop.

They would recover the domain name themselves just 15 days after expiration (industry standard is 30 days) and move out to another registrar (GoDaddy, but it was their own account).

I lost a US$20K domain name like that.

They are just POS.

Didn't surprise me the founder has some despicable political views too.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back