Epik & Afternic - Fast domain transfer opt in

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Hi All,

Quick question.

I put some names that I have registered at Epik on Afternic and opted in for the fast transfer service. The .coms are eligible but I am still waiting for them to be authorised - been waiting a while.

Is there any way to speed this process up? Does anyone know the average wait time? Have you had any experience with this?

@Rob Monster could you provide some insight? Would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Afternic's process leaves a lot to be desired. In my experience, as a domainer / customer, it has been slow at other registrars as well. Epik sends notification emails to customers so that they can opt into Afternic "Fast Transfer". This occurs automatically once Epik receives notification from Afternic that the domains are eligible for opt-in. And that's what causes the delay. I believe Afternic is bundling a list of domains to send to a given registrar, and they send these periodically.

In the past I have spoken to Afternic to see if anything can be done to improve this process. I will ask again.

•••
Afternic's process leaves a lot to be desired. In my experience, as a domainer / customer, it has been slow at other registrars as well. Epik sends notification emails to customers so that they can opt into Afternic "Fast Transfer". This occurs automatically once Epik receives notification from Afternic that the domains are eligible for opt-in. And that's what causes the delay. I believe Afternic is bundling a list of domains to send to a given registrar, and they send these periodically.

In the past I have spoken to Afternic to see if anything can be done to improve this process. I will ask again.
Thanks - appreciate the reply.

As you say this seems to be the case here - Afternic are dragging their heels for no apparent reason.

•••
I periodically write email to Afternic support with new domains list. And in couple of days they initiate opt-in requests for pending domains. After that I receive opt-in requests from my registrar.

Note that domains should be older than 60 days before you can receive opt-in request.

This delay is observed at Afternic with other registrars as well.

•••
Suggest engaging the fast transfer (premium) status at only one marketplace per domain to avoid possibility of conflicting sale. Same reason you should list a BIN at only one marketplace per domain.

As far as Afternic there is a thread about this, including
https://www.namepros.com/threads/pr...rt-problems-here.1006373/page-33#post-6816391

https://www.namepros.com/threads/pr...rt-problems-here.1006373/page-44#post-7225234

https://www.namepros.com/threads/pr...rt-problems-here.1006373/page-45#post-7259487

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back