Epik Update on Afternic Fast Transfer Status

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Epik provided an update on their termination from Afternic Fast Transfer. In the blog post Epik gives some insight into what factors played a part in the decision from their view. From the post We believe there were several factors involved, including our reports of repeated Afternic security issues with their platform harming both registrars and domain investors who trusted them. Instead of … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's not a dependency on GoDaddy. People can avoid them if they like, but you miss out on the expiry stream and being in their registrar path. For many they are not going to miss out on those opportunities.

•••
It's not a dependency on GoDaddy. People can avoid them if they like, but you miss out on the expiry stream and being in their registrar path. For many they are not going to miss out on those opportunities.

What does Fast-transfer have to do with expiry stream?

If you are on Godaddy and your domain expires, you get nada from any expiry stream sale.

That's why people are using services like NameLiquidate.com where they keep 91%.

•••
What does Fast-transfer have to do with expiry stream?

If you are on Godaddy and your domain expires, you get nada from any expiry stream sale.

That's why people are using services like NameLiquidate.com where they keep 91%.

Nothing I was talking to the person that was talking about GoDaddy dependency.

•••
What is the current situation with Epik and Afternic Fast Transfer? Do all domain names registered at Epik at any time in the past are now kicked out of Afternic Fast Transfer network? And the only way to get back to Afternic Fast Transfer network is to transfer away from Epik? O_o

•••
Any update on this? Can domains registered at Epik be added to Afternic?

•••
Any update on this? Can domains registered at Epik be added to Afternic?

Yes, of course - same as ever. The winning move is to use Epik SSL landers in combination with cross-listing with Afternic. Our landers are still the best on the market. See how-to:

I would set the Afternic prices as BIN with high prices, e.g. at least 50% higher than your reserve. That way the Afternic 20% does not hurt if it happens.

In the meantime, we set the Epik landers with Make offer pricing. You see all the inquiry data as it arrives. I believe we are still the only one that still does this 100% transparency.

The folks that are brigading domainers to not use Epik are not doing domainers any favor. They darned well know it too but some folks will find this out the hard way because they don't think for themselves.

•••
Just wondering: In the MLS section, what is "Sedo" and "Sedo Offer" for? And do you recommend listing at BIN at both Sedo and Afternic or only one of them in combination with the Epik lander @Rob Monster?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 20.21.13.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 20.21.13.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 28
•••
Just wondering: In the MLS section, what is "Sedo" and "Sedo Offer" for? And do you recommend listing at BIN at both Sedo and Afternic or only one of them in combination with the Epik lander @Rob Monster?

Absolutely -- list everywhere. We have not deployed software for automating that but it is on the active roadmap to do that. The MLS tab is part of that roadmap so you get a cockpit view of cross-listing.

The landers are the "shoot the moon" strategy, plus we find that the SEO optimized version of the landers get 3-5x more inquiries than the former baseline of offer activity.

We now also have tools for bulk importing SEO text, e.g. yesterday @Intelliname deployed 30,000 new landers for a client using this method. Works like a champ.

•••
@Embrand
Sedo = BIN price at sedo
Sedo offer = 'make an offer' listing at sedo

I guess...

•••
Absolutely -- list everywhere. We have not deployed software for automating that but it is on the active roadmap to do that. The MLS tab is part of that roadmap so you get a cockpit view of cross-listing.

The landers are the "shoot the moon" strategy, plus we find that the SEO optimized version of the landers get 3-5x more inquiries than the former baseline of offer activity.

We now also have tools for bulk importing SEO text, e.g. yesterday @Intelliname deployed 30,000 new landers for a client using this method. Works like a champ.

It would indeed be a great feature if it were possible to get an overview of listing prices at both Epik, Sedo and Afternic. Looking forward to this one!

•••
@Embrand
Sedo = BIN price at sedo
Sedo offer = 'make an offer' listing at sedo

I guess...

Yes, I was just wondering how it worked - how Epik would know a listing was listed as a regular listing at Sedo and Afternic unless we manually entered the data ourselves.

•••
It just checks domain at those marketplaces.
I have one domain that says Sedo offer 'Yes'. But not by me. Previuos owner did not remove it from sedo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back