Dynadot

Afternic fast transfer opt-in?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Skyeye

Established Member
Impact
i am not getting an email from godaddy allowing me to opt in to fast transfer. Anyone else have this issue. It says I’m eligible and that I will be contacted by godaddy.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Yes, I think it can depend on the domain's age as well, being owned and staying at the same registrar past the two month mark I believe.

•••
i am not getting an email from godaddy allowing me to opt in to fast transfer. Anyone else have this issue. It says I’m eligible and that I will be contacted by godaddy.
Me too

•••
•••
I've had this issue earlier this month & I contacted customer service.
Right after you add a domain to your portfolio, you will get the fast transfer email from Afternic, the email that says congrats on this domain you will get a fast transfer from your registrar soon.

You won't get that expected email from the registrar if your domain is not transferable.
Let's say you just transferred or registered a domain, it has the 60 day transfer lock, therefore no email from your registrar.

Even those that are transferable, sometimes the email comes after 2-3-4 days.

Hope that helps

•••
i asked them about this, there are cases where you are not eligible
and here is their full answer

Thank you for reaching out to us for assistance. For domains to be eligible for the Premium Promotion level, they need to be registered at the current registrar for at least 60 days. The domains that you selected for Premium Promotion have not been registered for at least 60 days. I have switched them to the Network Promotion level, so that they are actively listed for sale. Once they have been registered for 60 days, you can successfully upgrade them to the Premium Promotion level.

Here are all of the criteria that domains must meet to be eligible for the Premium level:

• .com, .net, .biz, .org, .pw and .info TLDs only
• Listed domains must have a Buy Now price
• Buy Now price must be below $100,000
• Registered for 60 days or longer with the current registrar
• Registration must not be within 30 days of expiration
• Registered with a Premium Promotion Partner
• No transfer holds at the registrar

Our list of Premium partners includes GoDaddy, Wild West Domains, Network Solutions, Register.com, Name.com, eNom, Domain Discover, Tierranet, EuroDNS, Tucows, Dynadot, Public Domain Registry, Big Rock, Domain.com, Regtons, Heart Internet, Domainbox, 123.reg.co.uk, NameSilo, and DomainMonster.com.

Regards,

Vaclav R.
Afternic Support Group

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for this, Im having this exact problem and have been searching for answers

•••
When I had same problem I think the issue was it had been 59 days not 60 and even after 60 passed I never got email. Eventually I took it off Afternic and added it again and finally got email.

•••
When you re-added on Afternic, how long did it then take to get approved?

Ive just taken the BIN prices off mine in the hope that resolves it.

•••
I added a domain august 8th.
Got the email from registrar august 16th.

That domain I bought june 14th
Transfer was complete june 18th.

Took around 60 days.

Approvals sometimes you delete. Add again. Its done.
Dont think they review over weekends.

•••
•••
When you re-added on Afternic, how long did it then take to get approved?

Ive just taken the BIN prices off mine in the hope that resolves it.
That won't help you. It MUST have a BIN price in order to be eligible for afternic fast transfer.

•••
That won't help you. It MUST have a BIN price in order to be eligible for afternic fast transfer.

I dont think they are eligble for fast transfer based on the info above, I just want to get them through the approval process and up for sale

•••
This has never worked well for me.

•••
I dont think they are eligble for fast transfer based on the info above, I just want to get them through the approval process and up for sale

I'm confused? Maybe this helps....

There are two possible approval.

(1) When you list a name on Afternic it needs to be Afternic approved (in order to show up as listed). You can see on your account page if it has been approved. It may be immediately be accepted (in my experience about 75% or more are instantly approved), or it may take awhile. I find most that are not instant show up in a half day but a few still had not shown up even days later. I have no idea on why take awhile as they are not TM, adult, etc. issues. In a few cases I gave up and listed it elsewhere.

(2) Now if your name is eligible it can also be fast-transfer approved to get on the much larger Afternic premium network. For this to happen it must tick all the boxes (BIN price, in one of the accepted extensions, not about to expire or newly transferred, etc. as others have listed). In addition to being Afternic eligible you must give the registrar that it is currently registered at permission to automatically transfer it if it sells. That requires getting an email from your registrar, not Afternic, and replying to it. That worked smoothly for some for me and I never got the email for others. I don't know why, but taking them off Afternic and readding caused them to appear for me.

Good luck sorting it out. I know it is frustrating getting the Afternic reminders that you need to accept fast-transfer, but none from your registrar to allow you to do that!

•••
On a related note has anyone tried to authenticate their afternic account on Godaddy? If you go to the beta page of your domain manager you'll see a button to link your accounts. I tried doing this but it will always tell me my afternic login info is incorrect even though I know it's correct. Anyone else?

•••
here is something to do quickly to be sure you get maximum exposure with Afternic

if you go to the "add domain section",
1. you can download a spreadsheet with your actual domains listed,
2. updates: review the prices and update the Bin prices in your spreadsheet
3. delete all your domains from your Afternic account,
4. upload your updated spreadsheet

now you will get much more emails to confirm the ownership,
and you will have more domains to be eligible for the Premium Promotion level

can be done in less than an hour with the update, 15min if you skip the update

my 2 cents,
Hal

note: the spreadsheet use a comma separator,
i change it to semi-colon back and forth, before uploading the updated list

•••
On a related note has anyone tried to authenticate their afternic account on Godaddy? If you go to the beta page of your domain manager you'll see a button to link your accounts. I tried doing this but it will always tell me my afternic login info is incorrect even though I know it's correct. Anyone else?

Same here - for quite some time. My Godaddy account exec said they are working on it, as did Afternic support. I just keep my listings updated manually for now and occasionally click the authenticate button to see if it's been fixed.

•••
Got my listings through on Afternic, emailed customer support and they've approved them.

•••
Got my listings through on Afternic, emailed customer support and they've approved them.

They Approved them for premium network and fast-transfer?

I thought you need to validate the fast transfer through the holding registrar.

•••
No, just standard approval, mine arent eligible for fast transfer.

•••
Oh Ok. Yeah we were talking about the email we were supposed to get from our registrar to opt-in for fast transfer and premium network listing.

•••
Let me try 1 right now. Live test.

Logged in
Picked All Domains under Portfolio
Picking a domain I've had there for years, the only Pricing I have set is Minimum Offer
Just set a Buy Now Price

First message I get:

Not Eligible
In order to participate in the Fast Transfer network your domain name needs to be registered at a participating registrar such as Enom or GoDaddy. For a complete list of registrars participating in fast transfer click here: domain-reseller-network. If your domain name is registered at one of these participating registrars you must complete the opt-in process with them.

It is registered at GoDaddy.

It should have triggered the opt-in email, right?

I usually never get the email. So let's see what happens with this one.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back