news Epik acquired Undeveloped

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@CJ6 - Welcome. Undeveloped and Epik are already connected via Single-sign-on. So, when you go to Undeveloped, you can use the same Epik login, and manage your marketplace listings, auction listings, etc. Your single-sign-on also works at Anonymize.com (free WHOIS privacy proxy for non-Epik domains) and Masterbucks.com (tax-free and commission-free payments to peers). The Epik-Undeveloped integration will keep getting better but already quite far along. We will have some exciting product announcements coming up soon that we think Domainers will love as tools for getting more value from portfolios beyond dependence on parking. Much more to come here.
That is great information! Thank you. I'm looking forward to hearing the product announcements.

•••
How do we connect our existing Undeveloped accounts to our existing Epik accounts?

•••
How do we connect our existing Undeveloped accounts to our existing Epik accounts?

Hi Anan,

In order for me to answer your question properly I'd need a bit more info. Do you currently have both an Undeveloped and Epik account? And you'd like to merge them for example?

Or do you have an Undeveloped account and would like to now connect with that account at Epik?

Thanks,

Reza

•••
If you prefer flexible payment options, then the NamePros rate is $8.49. It covers the average payment processing cost. The $8.10 rate simply covers Verisign + ICANN for a .COM. In other words, we are not making margin at this price, as you can see. That said, we are providing domain investors with an unbeatable value that is sustainable with the expectation that you will be able to leverage our other capabilities for parking, leasing, selling, escrow, and developing. The acquisition of Undeveloped has simply expanded the ways in which we can help domain investors manage across the lifecycle.
Do you only have a "NamePros rate" for .com?

•••
@usernamex said -

A "counter deposit" means you have to go down to the bank.

Counter Deposit Meaning:

In deposit terminology, the term Counter Deposit refers to the most direct way to make a deposit at a bank or financial institution.

A Counter Deposit is generally made in person by the account holder over the banks counter and is received by a member of the banks staff.

Besides, what does this really mean?

How would you pay for a domain name this way anyway?

And why would you go through the trouble to pay this way to save a few cents ??? :banghead:
Wire transfer works just fine with online banking. If you make a wire transfer for every domain you have to much time lol. More productive transferring a few $k every now and then. For people with many names it adds up.

•••
Do you only have a "NamePros rate" for .com?
Good question. Personally, I'd love to have a great rate for .group (and .ws).

Last edited:
•••
@robepik
When a person registers a domain for the Epik marketplace, there is a checkbox on the second screen for Marketplaces (with Epik being the only option). I'm guessing that eventually Undeveloped will show up there as another option? It makes sense to me... especially if I want my domain to be seen in as many places as possible.

•••
Good question. Personally, I'd love to have a great rate for .group.
Yep I can't justify paying $28 more a year on some domains than I currently do.

•••
Hi Anan,

In order for me to answer your question properly I'd need a bit more info. Do you currently have both an Undeveloped and Epik account? And you'd like to merge them for example?

Or do you have an Undeveloped account and would like to now connect with that account at Epik?

Thanks,

Reza

Hi Reza,

Yes, it's the first case:

I have an account with Undeveloped and an account with Epik from before the acquisition and I'd like to know if they can or should be merged?

•••
Hi Reza,

Yes, it's the first case:

I have an account with Undeveloped and an account with Epik from before the acquisition and I'd like to know if they can or should be merged?

Hi Anan,

For now they don't have to be merged. You can simply let them coexist next to each other. A bit later down the road we might be able to merge those accounts.

Take care,

Reza

•••
@Undeveloped I just sold a domain name on your landing page, domain is newly registered and it can't b transferred out, only internal push is available. I have asked your team to ask the buyer to create an account in the registrar to push the domain. I have a couple of questions

1: how does it go from here?
2: when will I receive the payment ?
3: how much commision you guys charge ?

•••
Hi Anan,

For now they don't have to be merged. You can simply let them coexist next to each other. A bit later down the road we might be able to merge those accounts.

Take care,

Reza
Thanks Reza.

Ps. My name is Anant and username is anantj ;)

•••
@robepik
I just sold a domain name on your landing page, domain is newly registered and it can't b transferred out because the 60 days lock ICANN rule, only internal push is available. I have asked your team to ask the buyer to create an account in the registrar to push the domain. I have a couple of questions

2: when will I receive the payment?
3: how much commission you guys charge?

•••
@robepik
I just sold a domain name on your landing page, domain is newly registered and it can't b transferred out because the 60 days lock ICANN rule, only internal push is available. I have asked your team to ask the buyer to create an account in the registrar to push the domain. I have a couple of questions

Congrats on your sale. Undeveloped is a full-service marketplace and works great when the domain is on a non-Epik registrar. You are in good hands. As for next steps:

1. Undeveloped staff will be in contact shortly to manage the transaction closeout. They are all-pro. They will take delivery of the domain to an escrow account so that there is no delay caused by the buyer being slow to follow through on creating an Epik account.

2. Funds are typically distributed within 24 hours.

3. Undeveloped commission is 15%.

Feel free to let us know how we did.

•••
Congrats on your sale. Undeveloped is a full-service marketplace and works great when the domain is on a non-Epik registrar. You are in good hands. As for next steps:

1. Undeveloped staff will be in contact shortly to manage the transaction closeout. They are all-pro. They will take delivery of the domain to an escrow account so that there is no delay caused by the buyer being slow to follow through on creating an Epik account.

2. Funds are typically distributed within 24 hours.

3. Undeveloped commission is 15%.

Feel free to let us know how we did.

Thanks for the response. I am trying undeveloped for the first time so I am not sure how it works.

Stil I am not very clear about the transfer, so for instance if I have my domain at namesilo.com registrar which is under 60 days lock to transfer out to any other registrar, your staff will create a namesilio.com account I have to push the domain to them, and they will take care from there?

•••
Thanks for the response. I am trying undeveloped for the first time so I am not sure how it works.

Stil I am not very clear about the transfer, so for instance if I have my domain at namesilo.com registrar which is under 60 days lock to transfer out to any other registrar, your staff will create a namesilio.com account I have to push the domain to them, and they will take care from there?

Yes, correct. Since the domain is in the first 60 days of registration, it will be a push. Once the payment is verified, you will get the push instructions to either the escrow account or the seller's account. In the near future, had the domain been on Epik, it will be an instant closing like it is on Epik.

•••
Thanks mate, will update you how all goes, would definitely park more names with you guys if the sale is smooth.

•••
@robepik

Hi John,

Congratulations on your first sale with us!

If you want quick answers on specific questions like this next time try reaching your account manager in the Undeveloped back office via our support chat. We usually respond pretty fast.

Here's how the process works for your specific case:

1: A transaction is initiated when buyer and seller agree on a price
2: Buyer gets information about the next steps and is forwarded to pay
3: Once payment is in you get notified and can message your escrow agent directly
4: We usually then ask you to push the domain in our account at your existing registrar
5: Once we've received the domain we pay you out
6: Finally we assist the buyer at his/her own speed with transferring the domain

We charge a success fee of 15%.

Take care!
Reza

•••
•••
Had a great experience with undeveloped, if commission is 10% for sales below $500 will make more sense to small sales.

•••
any consideration @robepik and @Undeveloped , bringing down the commission to 10 % for sales under 500.

•••
Saw this on Google Alerts: Epik bought Undeveloped.com for 4 million Euro

In reality, Undeveloped is not worth anywhere near €4,000,000

Their technology could be worth a couple-hundred grand at best and they have less than 1% market share. This must've been an acqui-hire. Epik must be keen to acquire talent, and sad to say, there isn't much of that on the tech end in this industry.

I'm becoming a fan of Epik, but I'm amply unimpressed with Undeveloped. (n)

•••
I doubt this was a cash sale. And I don't believe Epik even have that kind of money in the bank.

•••
I don't believe Epik even have that kind of money in the bank.
The founder and CEO of Epik has the money to spend, but not from Epik:
[Rob] Monster’s successes are numerous, including the sale of his first company, GMI, a market research firm with revenue of $64 million and profits “north of $10 million,” and the development of Healthcare.com, a recently sold information and lead generation portal with revenue of $60 million.

Rob Monster is a sharp guy. :snaphappy:

Last edited:
•••
...................I'm becoming a fan of Epik, but I'm amply unimpressed with Undeveloped. (n)

Why unimpressed with undedeveloped?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back