IT.COM

news Epik LLC Completes Transfer of Epik.com from Epik Holdings Inc.

NameSilo
Watch
Epik LLC has acquired and transferred Epik.com and the associated domain management platform from Epik Holdings Inc.

Epik Holdings, Inc. was founded in 2009 by current Chairman Robert Monster, whose tireless efforts built Epik.com into one of the world's most recognizable domain registrars, best known for its commitment to free speech and privacy. Monster invested aggressively to build one the industry’s leading domain management platforms with a worldwide customer footprint and a reputation for legendary support.

Read Press Release

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Epik's New Chapter: Transition and Reinovation​

Epik LLC was established in June 2023 to acquire Epik.com from Epik Holdings Inc and its majority shareholder, Rob Monster. To ensure a smooth transition, Brian and Rob have entered into a 90-day consulting agreement with the new independent owners.

The new management has decided to retain the majority of the 30-strong old Epik support and technical team and further bolster it by allocating an additional 50 members of our own staff. This decision is aimed at transforming Epik into the premier domain management and business management platform.

In light of market consolidations, Epik is taking a stand by re-committing to our 9% aftermarket sales fee, a move that stands against the industry trend of 15-25% fee structure. The objective is to provide a cost-effective platform for domainers to earn a living. We also pledge to stand against the common practice of obscuring buyer contact details from domain sellers.

Throughout the summer of 2023, we aim to improve the Epik platform to facilitate domain sales better. This includes reintroducing full domainer functionality by the end of June, allowing domainers to make more data-driven decisions. To maintain transparency and legality, all financial transactions will be managed by an independent third-party lawyer domain escrow service, and Epik LLC will not partake in any financial transactions.

As the industry consolidates, Epik will stand tall as an independent platform to help domainers earn a living.

Thank you,
Epik LLC
30 N Gould St, Ste E
Sheridan WY 82801
[email protected]
+1 (737) 301-5923

•••
•••
Epik will stand tall as an independent platform to help domainers earn a living.
Oddly, that is what the 'old' epik was going to do.

If 'new' epik, could just get my money out of MB's for me, it would go a long way in helping me 'earn a living'.

•••
Oddly, that is what the 'old' epik was going to do.

If 'new' epik, could just get my money out of MB's for me, it would go a long way in helping me 'earn a living'.
No one hates domainers more than this new epik 3.0
They completely threw us (and still do) under the bus, mainly led by β€œRoyce” This email β€œsigned by a ghost” (Might as well sign by PR) shows still No transparency.

Last edited:
•••
I made 3 sales through NameLiquidate and was told in template e-mails I was being paid in store credit (didn't know that was the new policy). The money has not yet been put in my account and no response from support.

I'm going to give them a chance to figure things out before I take any actions.

Last edited:
•••
I made 3 sales through NameLiquidate and was told in template e-mails I was being paid in store credit (didn't know that was the new policy). The money has not yet been put in my account and no response from support.
When were the sales made?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
When were the sales made?

Brad
6/19, 6/20 and 6/25.

"We are pleased to inform you that your domain ____.com has been sold for $49 on our Marketplace!

The domain has now been pushed to the buyer's account and the funds have been deposited into your Marketplace in-store credit

Congratulations on your sale!"

The 3 sales total over $200 so I feel like once they figure things out, I should see something. I was hoping to avoid store credit if I didn't mind waiting a bit.

•••
6/19, 6/20 and 6/25.

"We are pleased to inform you that your domain ____.com has been sold for $49 on our Marketplace!

The domain has now been pushed to the buyer's account and the funds have been deposited into your Marketplace in-store credit

The 3 sales total over $200 so I feel like once they figure things out, I should see something. I was hoping to avoid store credit if I didn't mind waiting a bit.
So "new" Epik's marketplace is up again?

I guess payment is just going into the ether for now. It sounds like "new" Epik still has a lot of problems.

I would like to see Epik's policy regarding marketplace payments.

Surely, it should be stated somewhere that payments are going to in-store credit.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Were these sold via listings on NameLiquidate.com?

I don't see anything in their FAQ -
https://nameliquidate.com/faq

Or the Epik.com TOS, that mentions in-store credit.
https://www.epik.com/terms

This seems like something that would need to be disclosed and agreed to, by the domain owner.

I think most people would be pretty annoyed if they sold a domain on Afternic or another venue, and payment was delivered via an "in-store credit" instead of actual payment.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
6/19, 6/20 and 6/25.

Good luck. I was scammed for $26,144, and there are others who can continue to be scammed

•••
I was told by Epik support that NameLiquidate was NOT included in the purchase of Epik and so Epik support was doing me a favor by giving me in-store credit for the value of the sales because they were not the ones who received the money from the sale.

That is definitely a surprise since the login for NameLiquidate is still the Epik login. I also never received any sort of notice that the two were splitting. I'm also saddened that the sales were still able to take place before/during/after the sale of Epik. It would seem like an easy option to cancel all of the active sales on NameLiquidate.

Epik did encourage me to end any acitve listings on NameLiquidate though by then my listings had already completed.

•••
I was told by Epik support that NameLiquidate was NOT included in the purchase of Epik and so Epik support was doing me a favor by giving me in-store credit for the value of the sales because they were not the ones who received the money from the sale.
Hilarious, things like this make it very clear that New Epik and Old Epik are the exact same group of people.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back