news Epik acquired Undeveloped

NameSilo
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
quick change title - it was the other way around Epik acquired Undeveloped : grin :

Article using google translate
Domain Marketplace Undeveloped.com sold to Epik

This is sold in the Netherlands developed domain marketplace Undeveloped.com the American administrator and hoster Epik.com. That is to eventually move its headquarters to Amsterdam in order to better serve the EMEA and Asian markets.

"It was not my idea to sell the company after two and a half years. And even two months ago I was not doing that, "says founder Reza Sardeha of Undeveloped.com. "But after an unannounced bid for us, which I rejected, CEO Rob Monster kept calling me and we talked regularly about our visions. Which ultimately proved so aligned that eventually proved very worthwhile. "

How much money is involved in the acquisition, Sardeha keep for yourself. It is in any case a combination of cash and shares Epik.com pay for the Amsterdam startup.

Undeveloped.com is a marketplace for domain names. Not an anonymous trading site like many, but one that presupposes precisely transparency, clarity and efficiency. Only then can operate a marketplace in the international market. The company will unsold domain names, which will identify and offer the owners tools to facilitate trade.

"We're in an established market, the domain industry. Which has been around since the advent of the web. It is difficult for a new company to acquire a position in an established market. Then it makes sense to partner with an established player. Epik is a top 10 listing on the American registrar market. "

It is obvious that Undeveloped soon going to offer registrar services, enables Sardeha. "Then we can go rent domain names. Companies that want a particular domain name, then do not have to pay a large lump sum but can go rent it per month. We love the property then. "

Another way to change the business model of one-time transactions to recurring payments, is selling 'marketing packages. "Online you can buy everything instant. SaaS instant, instant office suite, instant storage, etc. We will try to offer instant branding: the combination of domain name and social accounts. Thus, a company once up and running with his addresses. "

Undeveloped continues under its own name. The nine men in Amsterdam will work closely with the thirty in the US US headquarters are considering moving in time to move to the Netherlands to assist better, closer to market its own international rollout.

*) Undevelopeds investor Axivate Capital is also a shareholder of Emerce

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I really like Undeveloped's UI, Lets hope Epik takes the platform forwards.

•••
Congrats @Undeveloped & @robepik !
Looks like a good move to create the ultimate marketplace.
Will definitely keep an eye on what will become of this!

•••
Congratulations! I look forward to seeing what you will be able to bring us! Hopefully a strong and valid alternative to GD auctions.

•••
•••
Special prices for Namepros members, free escrow, now Undeveloped... Epik moves to the first positions in the "Best Registrar" chart :)

Well done, and good luck! Let's hope that with the acquisition of Undeveloped, Epik will become the best marketplace for domains.

•••
Undeveloped has joined Epik.com!

Today we are very pleased to announce that Undeveloped is joining forces with Epik.com, a US based full-service registrar! Undeveloped will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of the Epik Holdings Inc group of companies executing on its existing roadmap with the current management team.

We started about three years ago giving it a shot at changing an industry that had turned fragmented, inefficient and let’s just put it out there painfull to deal with. Today, we feel we have gotten pretty close to introducing a breath of fresh air in the secondary market.

Read more: https://blog.undeveloped.com/undeveloped-has-joined-epik-com-3e264d052ce4#.3gtdx06m7

Last edited:
•••
interesting.. makes one wonder what a company like that sells for..... any guesses?

I did not hear of many sales on undeveloped before, so let's hope Epik will help things.

•••
Epik acquired undeveloped, now it make more sense :)

•••
EzuRqK_aLaUqht94-KqKqI9BfE56Vx7325zEkDOU3sIaOvNz8SmSSCIXD-skMl_qhcBvP0uXs9ruoFs_Ee9R2HYomHuPNNbpnJlS6bcHCZmRDjRO=s0-d-e1-ft

Hi,

Today we are very pleased to announce that Undeveloped is joining forces with Epik.com, a US-based full-service registrar! Undeveloped will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of the Epik Holdings Inc group of companies executing on its existing roadmap with the current management team.

You can read more about the acquisition in-depth by clicking the button below:

Read more

I want to assure you that our full team will remain intact and continue working on our promise to change the domain industry as you know it today. Both Undeveloped and Epik share the same vision to introduce more liquidity in the domain industry for sellers. With the continuous decline of PPC (Pay Per Click) domain parking, it is becoming harder for domainers to keep their monthly income steady. That's why we invest heavily in our product and services that can increase your portfolio liquidity. In the near future, we'll introduce new ways of monetising your domains which will allow you to create recurring build-up revenue streams instead of having to depend solely on situational transactions every single month.

Going forward, I want to assure you that Undeveloped will still be the same old marketplace that you have grown to love. Our mission remains unchanged. We will simply have more resources to continue building products that help you run your domain business more successfully.

Finally, without your continuous support, we never would have been able to get this far. Thank you sincerely for selling with us! As Undeveloped shifts into a higher gear, we're looking forward to accomplish our shared goals together!

This is just the beginning... Let's do great things together!

Thanks,
Reza Sardeha on behalf of team Undeveloped!

•••
Ps. Spelling and grammar are as is in the original. I've just pasted the contents of the announce email as is here

•••
Very well done @EPIK and @Undeveloped ,our congratulations to you both!!
You both have a good usefulness for domainers like us in your unique specific services you provide in the market. I think this partnership can prove to a golden opportunity for all involved; particularly the domaining community; specifically, both the buyer and the seller.

A great many best wishes to all :xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
interesting.. Congratulations!

•••
Hi guys,

Confirming the news here and happy to answer questions on NamePros.

As for the news release, suffice it to say that synchronizing the press releases across the 2 continents is a bit of a project. So, the Dutch PR was visible before the US PR. Domainers are of course real-time so the Dutch news became global news within about 5 minutes. :)

As for the news itself, obviously we are all very excited about the addition of Undeveloped to the Epik family. It represents a big step forward on several fronts:

1. Leadership: People know that I run a tight ship at Epik. Undeveloped brings several additional world class entrepreneurial leaders, starting with Reza.

2. Technology: Undeveloped has a modern user interface built in the latest technologies, running in the Amazon AWS cloud. Their auction system is outstanding, and their marketplace is a good as any other.

3. Locality: From Amsterdam, we will be able to better serve the other half of the world in a lot more languages with better time zone coverage with talented, tech-savvy people.

In the upcoming weeks, you will begin to see the evidence of accelerated pace of innovation as Epik positions itself as a world contender through a combination of organic development, strategic partnerships and acquisitions.

•••
Well, we will have to see in the coming weeks how it works out.
I was concerned as well because I love undeveloped platform but I don't see many sales on undeveloped.com

•••
I hope to see how undeveloped.com will help out domain investors in selling towards end users. :)

•••
Hi guys,

Confirming the news here and happy to answer questions on NamePros.

As for the news release, suffice it to say that synchronizing the press releases across the 2 continents is a bit of a project. So, the Dutch PR was visible before the US PR. Domainers are of course real-time so the Dutch news became global news within about 5 minutes. :)

As for the news itself, obviously we are all very excited about the addition of Undeveloped to the Epik family. It represents a big step forward on several fronts:

1. Leadership: People know that I run a tight ship at Epik. Undeveloped brings several additional world class entrepreneurial leaders, starting with Reza.

2. Technology: Undeveloped has a modern user interface built in the latest technologies, running in the Amazon AWS cloud. Their auction system is outstanding, and their marketplace is a good as any other.

3. Locality: From Amsterdam, we will be able to better serve the other half of the world in a lot more languages with better time zone coverage with talented, tech-savvy people.

In the upcoming weeks, you will begin to see the evidence of accelerated pace of innovation as Epik positions itself as a world contender through a combination of organic development, strategic partnerships and acquisitions.

I've tried Undeveloped in the past but did not focus too much on it. With Epik in the play, I will give it more serious consideration... Good move and raises hopes for brighter prospects in the future.

•••
The thing i am pondering now is; how are we going to use them, epik and undeveloped. To register a name we use epik, then we can put it for reselling at epik and undeveloped both as they both have an aftermarket for domains, or shuold we prefer undeveloped for listing them in market?

•••
The thing i am pondering now is; how are we going to use them, epik and undeveloped. To register a name we use epik, then we can put it for reselling at epik and undeveloped both as they both have an aftermarket for domains, or should we prefer undeveloped for listing them in market?

@exyzed - You can list in both so there is no real sacrifice. The advantage of Epik is that there is the option of a commission-free sale on a self-service listing. The advantage of Undeveloped is that they have great parking landers and chase down your buyer through the bidding process to get you to a closing. If you want an expedited sell for a domain that has traffic, Undeveloped is a champ with the highest conversion rate I have seen for any marketplace company that I have seen. The combination of a very elegant buying interface with professional monitoring of the bid/ask cycle leads to more closed sales compared to other marketplaces, including some of the biggest ones. However, make sure to use the Undeveloped DNS.

On a related note, we are working on a "list everywhere" solution for those who want that convenience of submitting domains once and being listed in all major MLS marketplaces. To use this capability, you will want to have your domains on Epik registrar if you are using Buy Now pricing. If you are content with Make Offer listing, no problem. Personally, I think Make Offer is just fine though many marketplaces are pushing hard for fixed pricing. If you are using Undeveloped, and are reasonably vigilant, setting listings as Make offer will get you plenty of offers.

•••
Undeveloped doesn't have PayPal buttons in landing page ,that's the reason I did not like it.

•••
Hi Namefork, thank you for your feedback! We actually do show Paypal as a payment option on our landing pages. Check out: http://antiwet.com

When you click on learn more at the safe payments section the popup show's the most popular payment methods.

We conduct qualitative and quantitative customer research every month and identify exactly how buyers interact on our for sales pages. Then we take all that research and implement continuous improvements to keep increasing the conversion rate of your type-ins to actual leads.

I think we're the only marketplace out there that actually looks at ways to get you more sales by activating a broader range of end-users to feel confident to interact with you.

We do that for example by creating clarity about pricing, ownership and processes directly on your for sales pages. But we also focus on removing the biggest barriers buyers have to initiate a transaction with you. For example pricing is one of the biggest reason why your sales bounce. By providing your buyers directly on our for sales page the option to buy the domain in 12 instalment plans, we make your domains all of sudden more affordable to a broader range of end-users.

Next to that we allow you to fully customize your for sales pages. You're in charge of running your domain business. Decide exactly how you'd like to sell. We simply provide you with better tools to become a more successful seller.

The above is just a small hint of what our marketplace offers and what we're building next.

With kind regards,

Reza
Undeveloped.com

•••
Hi Namefork, thank you for your feedback! We actually do show Paypal as a payment option on our landing pages. Check out: http://antiwet.com

When you click on learn more at the safe payments section the popup show's the most popular payment methods.

We conduct qualitative and quantitative customer research every month and identify exactly how buyers interact on our for sales pages. Then we take all that research and implement continuous improvements to keep increasing the conversion rate of your type-ins to actual leads.

I think we're the only marketplace out there that actually looks at ways to get you more sales by activating a broader range of end-users to feel confident to interact with you.

We do that for example by creating clarity about pricing, ownership and processes directly on your for sales pages. But we also focus on removing the biggest barriers buyers have to initiate a transaction with you. For example pricing is one of the biggest reason why your sales bounce. By providing your buyers directly on our for sales page the option to buy the domain in 12 instalment plans, we make your domains all of sudden more affordable to a broader range of end-users.

Next to that we allow you to fully customize your for sales pages. You're in charge of running your domain business. Decide exactly how you'd like to sell. We simply provide you with better tools to become a more successful seller.

The above is just a small hint of what our marketplace offers and what we're building next.

With kind regards,

Reza
Undeveloped.com

When a Buyer buys a domain what actually happens?...how is the process?...does the seller gets paid directly or undeveloped acquires the payment and pays the seller

•••
Back