news Epik acquired Undeveloped

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Next to that we allow you to fully customize your for sales pages. You're in charge of running your domain business. Decide exactly how you'd like to sell. We simply provide you with better tools to become a more successful seller.

How does one do this? I wasn't able to find out how to *fully* customize the sales page including in the documentation (Maybe I missed it)

•••
We provide an escrow service. When there's an agreement, we initiate the transaction and collect the payment from the buyer. As soon as we've received the payment we either request you to push the domain in our account at your registrar or in some cases transfer the name to our registrar if instant transfers are possible in that TLD. Once we've received the name we pay out the seller.

As you observe, by having changed the workflow of performing escrow it usually takes less than a day for us to complete a full transaction. We're domainers ourselves. When we started Undeveloped we simply looked at what we didn't like in the market and step by step started to fix those pain points for sellers. In our model you're not dependent anymore on the buyer to complete a transfer first before you get paid.

•••
Here's what you can currently customize in your settings at Undeveloped:

1: Add your own logo.

2: Add your own background.

3: Add unique content to your for sales page per individual domain. This is great for SEO.

4: Choose your buying options (Buy now button only, Make offer form only or a combination of both).

5: Enable interest-free financing option. By enabling this option you offer your buyers a 12-month payment plan. We'll take care of all hassle involved from invoicing to collecting your payments.

6: Choose to show a beautiful traffic graph. We also give you the option to only enable a graph for all domains with +100 traffic.

7: You can choose if you show more domains from your own portfolio on your for sales pages or just a BIO to build trust with your buyer by giving him/her more information about yourself.

As you can see, you can create a full content for sales page or simply a very minimalistic for sales page. You decide!

Take care,

Reza
Undeveloped.com

•••
There's a discussion going on about this topic at https://www.namepros.com/posts/6036538/
Both Epik and Undeveloped CEOs are also on that thread and responding to questions around the acquisition and the services

•••
Yeah, old news by now. You're a bit late to this party :xf.wink:

•••
Here's what you can currently customize in your settings at Undeveloped:

1: Add your own logo.

2: Add your own background.

3: Add unique content to your for sales page per individual domain. This is great for SEO.

4: Choose your buying options (Buy now button only, Make offer form only or a combination of both).

5: Enable interest-free financing option. By enabling this option you offer your buyers a 12-month payment plan. We'll take care of all hassle involved from invoicing to collecting your payments.

6: Choose to show a beautiful traffic graph. We also give you the option to only enable a graph for all domains with +100 traffic.

7: You can choose if you show more domains from your own portfolio on your for sales pages or just a BIO to build trust with your buyer by giving him/her more information about yourself.

As you can see, you can create a full content for sales page or simply a very minimalistic for sales page. You decide!

Take care,

Reza
Undeveloped.com

Thanks Reza. I don't mean to turn this into a support thread. I have a few more question that I'll reach out to support for.

Ps. I setup 2 names in my account and already received an offer :)

•••
•••
No worries :). You can always reach out to me at [email protected] or our support via Undeveloped.

That was fast! I hope you close that one ;)

•••
Special prices for Namepros members, free escrow, now Undeveloped... Epik moves to the first positions in the "Best Registrar" chart :)

Well done, and good luck! Let's hope that with the acquisition of Undeveloped, Epik will become the best marketplace for domains.

What special prices for Namepros members is there?

•••
•••
Thanks for the features' rundown. You got my attention! (y)
A few quick questions related to the above unique content feature:

- do you support domain categories/groups?

- can I define custom categories?

- is it possible to add unique content per category, to display in all domains in that category? (as opposed to adding individually to each domain's sales page)

Last edited:
•••
offer your buyers a 12-month payment plan. We'll take care of all hassle involved from invoicing to collecting your payments
What if buyer defaults in month 9? Do we get our name back? So you are also providing name holding too?

•••
We've got a great contract for that. When your buyer defaults we turn the already paid instalments into rent. So you keep the payments and we return the domain to you.

•••
On a related note, we are working on a "list everywhere" solution for those who want that convenience of submitting domains once and being listed in all major MLS marketplaces. To use this capability, you will want to have your domains on Epik registrar if you are using Buy Now pricing. If you are content with Make Offer listing, no problem.
I'm looking forward to this.

I'm just trying out Epik right now, and am liking it (so far). I am looking to consolidate my domains in one place...no more moving around. Lol...Epik, sell 1 of my domains that I have on there right now, and I can move all of my domains right away. ;)

Last edited:
•••
We've got a great contract for that. When your buyer defaults we turn the already paid instalments into rent. So you keep the payments and we return the domain to you.
How is the domain secured during installment plan?

•••
We used to offer categories but quickly found out they don't add that much value. Sellers can't properly categorise large amount ot domains while buyers also don't want to endlessly scroll through categories. They use search filters to find names. So we focus on having an intuitive search functionlity.

Regarding the content. Our account managers can make a lot of your requests happen. If you want us to add specific content on specific names we can make that happen for you.

Take care!
Reza

•••
The domain is in our escrow account untill the final payment is in.

Take care,
Reza

•••
Does name have to be registered at epik for all this to work?

•••
•••
@Undeveloped , Thank's Reza for the run down, you really sparkle our interest , we wish you success.

NB: "Enable interest-free financing option" -- This is A+.. Bro..

•••
Undeveloped doesn't have PayPal buttons in landing page ,that's the reason I did not like it.

We'll fix that.
Does name have to be registered at epik for all this to work?

While it is not required to hold an escrow domain at the Epik registrar, it is vastly preferable as a way to assure the buyer of domain delivery without delays or surprises. The notion that there are escrow companies for domains that are not registrars themselves is surprising to me. As I have said before, this is like a bank that has no vault. Why would you bank at a bank where when you need cash, they have to go somewhere else to fetch it not knowing at the time if it is actually there. Makes no sense if you think about it. As I see it, any domain escrow agents that are not accredited registrars (forget resellers) have systemic risk built into their business model. If a domain goes missing during the escrow transaction, who is responsible for the economic loss. It is clearly a train wreck for someone, quite likely the buyer whose cash is encumbered.

•••
Keep the questions coming!

Not per se. We do have instant escrow for Epik users but we manage accounts at almost all registrars and can keep your names in our escrow account untill the final payment is in.

•••
The domain is under our management but not on our name. You always remain the owner of the name untill we've secured the final payment.

•••
So if I list a bunch of domains with your landing pages, then when anyone goes to undeveloped.com and searches for keywords in my domains, then my domains will show up and the price i had listed?

Can you show me an example of some domains listed there that are actually showing up decently in google search as you suggest?

•••
We used to offer categories but quickly found out they don't add that much value. Sellers can't properly categorise large amount ot domains while buyers also don't want to endlessly scroll through categories. They use search filters to find names.
I was thinking about categories as groups for templating, rather than search.
So we focus on having an intuitive search functionlity.
Okay, how does this work? Not asking about keyword-based domains, but made-up brandables specifically.

More importantly, landing on one of my domains' pages, does the visitor get to search through my domains only or all the names listed with Undeveloped? And if the latter, what's Undeveloped's current domain count?
Regarding the content. Our account managers can make a lot of your requests happen. If you want us to add specific content on specific names we can make that happen for you.
Yeah, this will work, but a self-managed, template based functionality would be much more convenient, IMO.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back