news Epik acquired Undeveloped

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the effort, but no thanks. This doesn't exactly open up any new horizons. I've been known to make use of Google myself, on occasion :xf.wink:

I would love to understand better why you'd like to get GA on your landing pages though. If you have time to Skype or have a call early next would please ping me!

•••
I would love to understand better why you'd like to get GA on your landing pages though. If you have time to Skype or have a call early next would please ping me!
GA? Google Analytics?
Not at all. I was referring to @Loxline's research and description suggestions :xf.wink:

•••
GA? Google Analytics?
Not at all. I was referring to @Loxline's research and description suggestions :xf.wink:

Haha, yeah I meant Google Analytics with GA. Still always happy to chat if I can help or clarify something.

•••
I love undeveloped interface, its one of the best out there. Now i think it will be one of the best platform.

•••
If you think all those domains were manually listed by their owners, they just compiled/scraped lists of domains owned by third parties.
Even Sedo doesn't have that many domains.

•••
@Domains - Wanted "does the visitor get to search through my domains only"

Misunderstood you! I was just thinking about search functionality. Next time I will read the post 3x :)

•••
•••
they just compiled/scraped lists of domains owned by third parties.

Yeah, alot of my names are there and have been for months without my signing up for their service.

Thats okay though...exposure is good...we will what happens when they contact me with the first person that is interested in one of my names.

•••
Hope to see some good things now coming from the union of the 2 co's.

I like the NP member domain discount, although they raised it recently, so it is not as competitive as it was before.

Maybe they will bring it back down soon.

•••
@Cdomains - you can still get $8.10, just not if you use paypal or credit card

Valid options for $8.10 are - Wire Transfer, Counter deposit at any Chase or Wells Fargo branch, Bitcoin, Sell or lease your domains via Epik

See this thread for more details:
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6000113/

•••
@Cdomains...Valid options for $8.10 are - Wire Transfer, Counter deposit at any Chase or Wells Fargo branch...
Which is not very convenient for European clients, so re-posting from the other thread:

@robepik mentioned there's a new "local" payment option for European customers, after Epik's recent acquisition of Undeveloped... any more details on that option?

Last edited:
•••
Which is not very convenient for European clients, so re-posting from the other thread:

@robepik mentioned there's a new "local" payment option for European customers, after Epik's recent acquisition of Undeveloped... any more details on that option?

Here are the European bank funding coordinates:

Name: Undeveloped BV
Bank: ABN Amro
IBAN: NL56 ABNA 0404743498
SWIFT/BIC: ABNANL2A

•••
How often are the stats updated on the various pages?

This page seems to update once per day:
https://undeveloped.com/users/portfolio?status=active

while the individual domain pages seem to update real time? Just curious...

Hi AGAME,

It depends on the stat you're looking at. For example the total visits that your portfolio brought in last month is fixed while the stats in the portfolio view are real time.

We're implementing some changes here and there in regards of the stats.

Take care,

Reza

•••
Yeah, alot of my names are there and have been for months without my signing up for their service.

Thats okay though...exposure is good...we will what happens when they contact me with the first person that is interested in one of my names.

Currently about 17% of our all sales conducted at Undeveloped are from that index. So we're pretty happy that we're able to connect unused names with end users on a monthly basis and add value to both buyers and sellers.

Having said that though, we penalize those domains in our search algorithm and give actively listed domains better ranking in our search. So it's highly advisable to add your names to our inventory as a seller to increase their visibility.

•••
Is there a way to export our portfolio and relevant stats (visits, leads, pricing, etc) to CSV? Or, will you offer an API?

•••
give actively listed domains better ranking in our search. So it's highly advisable to add your names to our inventory as a seller to increase their visibility.

I have decided to give it a try...vast majority of my names are at epik for a few reasons but the main one is the leader...if he is putting his 'eggs in your basket' (taken from an old saying) then it must/will be a good option for domainers. If monetization gets worked into the mix in a seamless and profitable way, it can change the way we (domain investors) operate.

There is a post I made somewhere here that said if I had half a mil seed money, there is something I would start that no one is doing...well, it seems epik (and you) beat me to the punch...maybe you could send me a share or two of stock!?!?! :xf.smile:

•••
@Cdomains - you can still get $8.10, just not if you use paypal or credit card

Valid options for $8.10 are - Wire Transfer, Counter deposit at any Chase or Wells Fargo branch, Bitcoin, Sell or lease your domains via Epik

Thanks for the info, but what good is this discount if you can't use a cc or Paypal?

Who pays for domains with a wire transfer, unless it is a big transaction?

Bitcoin is not a traditional way to pay.

Who is going to make the trip down to the bank, in person, to pay $8.10 for a domain name?

It would cost you more in gas to make the trip than you would save.

This discount is worthless, really.

I got an account at Epik because I wanted to save $, and the thread here at NP made it seem good.

What good is it now?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the info, but what good is this discount if you can't use a cc or Paypal?

Who is going to make the trip down to the bank, in person, to pay $8.10 for a domain name?

I got an account at Epik because I wanted to save $, and the thread here at NP made it seem good.

What good is it now?
Ever heard of online banking?

•••
Ever heard of online banking?

@usernamex said -

A "counter deposit" means you have to go down to the bank.

Counter Deposit Meaning:

In deposit terminology, the term Counter Deposit refers to the most direct way to make a deposit at a bank or financial institution.

A Counter Deposit is generally made in person by the account holder over the banks counter and is received by a member of the banks staff.

Besides, what does this really mean?

How would you pay for a domain name this way anyway?

And why would you go through the trouble to pay this way to save a few cents ??? :banghead:

•••
Seeing the posts re counter deposit drew me back to the thread.

My bank (2nd or 3rd largest now) has branches everywhere...with a phone call I could probably make the money transfer but the first time I will do it in person. Waiting till I need to restock food supplies (three grocery stores in same center as nearest branch) to make the trip to save time/fuel waste.

My math may be fuzzy but 100 domains x .39 is 39 bucks...per month x 10 (taking off two months to get over huge losses in domain market :xf.smile:) so I figure it will save me roughly 400 bucks this year to 'prepay'.

Having had business dealings with cc companies and their ridiculous fees, I reluctantly agree that they (epik) had to mitigate losses with the single (one name) transaction fee.

•••
Is there a way to export our portfolio and relevant stats (visits, leads, pricing, etc) to CSV? Or, will you offer an API?

Hi AGAME,

The export function will be launched soon. We also have an API you can use to manage your domains.

Check out our API here: https://github.com/Undeveloped/api

Do ask our support for your unique account AUTH code to use the API.

Take care,

Reza

•••
I have decided to give it a try...vast majority of my names are at epik for a few reasons but the main one is the leader...if he is putting his 'eggs in your basket' (taken from an old saying) then it must/will be a good option for domainers. If monetization gets worked into the mix in a seamless and profitable way, it can change the way we (domain investors) operate.

There is a post I made somewhere here that said if I had half a mil seed money, there is something I would start that no one is doing...well, it seems epik (and you) beat me to the punch...maybe you could send me a share or two of stock!?!?! :xf.smile:

Haha! We'll most likely meet soon at a conference. Let's discuss the stock deal then :P

•••

What good is it now?

If you prefer flexible payment options, then the NamePros rate is $8.49. It covers the average payment processing cost. The $8.10 rate simply covers Verisign + ICANN for a .COM. In other words, we are not making margin at this price, as you can see. That said, we are providing domain investors with an unbeatable value that is sustainable with the expectation that you will be able to leverage our other capabilities for parking, leasing, selling, escrow, and developing. The acquisition of Undeveloped has simply expanded the ways in which we can help domain investors manage across the lifecycle.

•••
I'm beginning a migration toward Epik. When I have my domains listed in Epik's marketplace, will they also be shown on Undeveloped? Or, do I need to own an account on undeveloped and show them?

•••
I'm beginning a migration toward Epik. When I have my domains listed in Epik's marketplace, will they also be shown on Undeveloped? Or, do I need to own an account on undeveloped and show them?

@CJ6 - Welcome. Undeveloped and Epik are already connected via Single-sign-on. So, when you go to Undeveloped, you can use the same Epik login, and manage your marketplace listings, auction listings, etc. Your single-sign-on also works at Anonymize.com (free WHOIS privacy proxy for non-Epik domains) and Masterbucks.com (tax-free and commission-free payments to peers). The Epik-Undeveloped integration will keep getting better but already quite far along. We will have some exciting product announcements coming up soon that we think Domainers will love as tools for getting more value from portfolios beyond dependence on parking. Much more to come here.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back